Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to share from my personal experience, I did pay RPRF a month or so after the file got to Buffalo, but from ordering my GCMS notes and looking at what it said there, I learned that the IO had mistakenly entered my RPRF back during the month they received my file, then canceled that (it was not overwritten in the system), then finally added the RPRF back when I actually did pay, later. So if anything, that shows that the VO is anxious about having its landing fee paid for ASAP, not us!

Maple3

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011 Recieved 16-6- 2011
AOR Received.
26-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-08-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
OMG we just recieved an email for my husbands PPR ..is this real !! :p

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
Trish1982 said:
I am slowly going crazy...... 1 2 3 4 5 6 switch! crazy going slowly am I 6 5 4 3 2 1 switch!

bleh. Come on LA!! you're churning out PPRs like a mo-fo to everyone else....COME ONNNN LAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry-just had to step in to represent for the December 2010 applicants...lol
slowly going crazy eh? you know hyper crazy is alot of fun *pushes over some sugar and energy drinks*

My fingers are crossed for the december peeps :) hopefully Buffalo and LA will catch up and get you guys completed :)

Congrats to the ppr :)

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
Thanks again! I'm going to email the hubs and let him know what our options are.

As far as moving, I'll hold out for a little longer, but I think we'll have to set a deadline after which we'll say "enough is enough!" and we'll decide it's time for me to move, PR or no PR, until I'm official and legal.

He also agreed I should order the CAIPS notes, just to give us some clarification about the process. Curious what those will say.

I hope I can be as helpful to others as everyone has been to me someday!

-Maddy

ddobro2 said:
Right, they are essentially the print-screens of the Global Case Management System, which is the system CIC is using to process cases, information on your file. Ordering FOSS and CAIPS (including GCMS)

As an American, you don't need a visa to enter Canada and your entry is good for 6 months (the agent stamps your passport at the border, typically). You would not be able to study or work with that visitor status. Having said that, you should bring ample proof of ties to the States when you cross.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maple3 said:
Wow, Great News....Congratulations.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds good re: the moving. I would just caution against ordering notes too early. It's not that you can't, it's just not very useful as there would not be a lot of information there. I would suggest ordering them at least a month after Buffalo has already received the file.

mcmasters said:
Thanks again! I'm going to email the hubs and let him know what our options are.

As far as moving, I'll hold out for a little longer, but I think we'll have to set a deadline after which we'll say "enough is enough!" and we'll decide it's time for me to move, PR or no PR, until I'm official and legal.

He also agreed I should order the CAIPS notes, just to give us some clarification about the process. Curious what those will say.

I hope I can be as helpful to others as everyone has been to me someday!

-Maddy

jkhaskett

Oct 19, 2011
What an awesome forum. I have been glued to this thread as I am in the same boat. So nice to read others experiences. With that being said:

I am an American currently living in Canada on a temporary work visa with my Canadian fiancee.

PR App recieved: March 24, 2011
PR personal interview - waived
PR App processing w/ medical records recieved: October 4, 2011.

I am so anxious right now and a bit nervous for the following reason:

We fly to Mexico at the end of November for our wedding. I'm worried that IF I recieve my PPR prior to our trip to Mexico - will I have time to mail it in and have it returned to be able to to fly international. I suppose if my PPR doesn't arrive until well after Nov then there is no problem.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
I'm kinda interested in the fact that so many people from diverse "app sent/received at CPC-M" timelines have been in process in the first week of October @ Buffalo, followed by spontaneous periods (especially during September) of virtually no one getting movement on the applicant portion.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Maple3 said:
Wow that's fast! Congrats!!

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
Oh, they've had my application since March, I've already submitted my medical examination, which was received, and am now "in process." The letter requesting my medical exam said we were waived for the interview (unless they change their minds for some reason).

I would put my timeline under my avatar...rrr... if I knew how to add an avatar and a timeline on this forum. ::) Such a newb I am.

ddobro2 said:
Sounds good re: the moving. I would just caution against ordering notes too early. It's not that you can't, it's just not very useful as there would not be a lot of information there. I would suggest ordering them at least a month after Buffalo has already received the file.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol, nevermind then. Saw you posting for the first time and made an incorrect assumption you had just applied, or were about to. :D

Go to "Profile" at the top, and then "Forum Related Information" on the left side, and you should be able to change your signature, sidestats, etc.

mcmasters said:
Oh, they've had my application since March, I've already submitted my medical examination, which was received, and am now "in process." The letter requesting my medical exam said we were waived for the interview (unless they change their minds for some reason).

I would put my timeline under my avatar...rrr... if I knew how to add an avatar and a timeline on this forum. ::) Such a newb I am.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
I think this forum system inhibits the ability to put the profile information and/or sig until some number of posts, I think maybe 5 or 10. It frustrated me to no end when I joined and couldn't do it. ;)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ah, ok, possibly. I know there is a minimum number of posts until you can send a private message, but I recall being able to add information to my profile from the get-go when I created it. Key word, remember, so I'm not 100% sure of what I say.

Bargeld said:
I think this forum system inhibits the ability to put the profile information and/or sig until some number of posts, I think maybe 5 or 10. It frustrated me to no end when I joined and couldn't do it. ;)

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
ddobro2 said:
Well the difference between the general (i.e.: that international.gc.ca address) and the case-specific is that it says you can only send a case-specific if, "Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times." Then you ultimately send a web-based email (after going past several disclaimer pages), and I didn't see an option to send a copy of the message to one's

Thanks! You are always very helpful!