Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
03-31-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 LA
I am slowly going crazy...... 1 2 3 4 5 6 switch! crazy going slowly am I 6 5 4 3 2 1 switch!

bleh. Come on LA!! you're churning out PPRs like a mo-fo to everyone else....COME ONNNN LAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry-just had to step in to represent for the December 2010 applicants...lol

davidgarcin

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
20-03-2011
File Transfer...
09-03-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2011
We just got my wife's passport w/ visa back from Buffalo! It only took them 6 business days, as opposed to the 15 days they quoted in the PPR letter. Nice change of pace!

We're landing Nov. 9. Hang in there guys, I'm sure there's PPRs headed your way!

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Trish1982 said:
I am slowly going crazy...... 1 2 3 4 5 6 switch! crazy going slowly am I 6 5 4 3 2 1 switch!

bleh. Come on LA!! you're churning out PPRs like a mo-fo to everyone else....COME ONNNN LAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry-just had to step in to represent for the December 2010 applicants...lol
No kidding. I've been officially *in process* for a month now. I've sent them proof that I already paid the gerd dang RPRF in every way possible... email (after I found the CORRECT email address... the letter they sent me asking for the RPRF had an email addy that doesn't exist!), fax, snail mail, and Husband phoned the call centre as well, and they "made a note of it".

A friend of mine noted on facebook during an exceptionally frustrating day at work yesterday that she wanted to "staple someone to a desk." I understand her sentiment completely. ::)

TryingToGetHome

Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
21-04-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
amaranth said:
(after I found the CORRECT email address... the letter they sent me asking for the RPRF had an email addy that doesn't exist!)
What is the correct email address? I'd like to see if they received our RPRF yet.

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
TryingToGetHome said:
What is the correct email address? I'd like to see if they received our RPRF yet.
buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca (right from Buffalo's own website)

The one on the letter was bfalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. The copy of the receipt I tried to send to that one kept bouncing back as undeliverable, no such address, blah blah.

I doubt you'll get a response. Buffalo rarely seems to directly respond to anything, and when they do it seems to be generic form letters. I have never received a response to anything I've sent them. I'm just glad it didn't come back as undeliverable this time!

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
I am gonna send buffalo an email regarding my medicals that are expiring in 2 weeks but I'm not sure whether I should send it through the case-specific enquiry email or the general. Any ideas?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seeing as how their responses to us are the equivalent of "stop bothering us, we have no information for you," I wonder if this was really a "typo" or a strategic attempt to curtail at least some of our "annoying" inquiries. Hmn..... :p

Seriously, though, hang in there Trish and Amaranth. Oh, and congrats davidgarcin.

amaranth said:
No kidding. I've been officially *in process* for a month now. I've sent them proof that I already paid the gerd dang RPRF in every way possible... email (after I found the CORRECT email address... the letter they sent me asking for the RPRF had an email addy that doesn't exist!), fax, snail mail, and Husband phoned the call centre as well, and they "made a note of it".

A friend of mine noted on facebook during an exceptionally frustrating day at work yesterday that she wanted to "staple someone to a desk." I understand her sentiment completely. ::)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well the difference between the general (i.e.: that international.gc.ca address) and the case-specific is that it says you can only send a case-specific if, "Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times." Then you ultimately send a web-based email (after going past several disclaimer pages), and I didn't see an option to send a copy of the message to one's email account.

So in my opinion, them having even more reason not to respond (the it being less than 11 months since you filed thing), plus the fact that you wouldn't have a record of it since it's all web-based, makes me thing the general email is better.

Ellan said:
I am gonna send buffalo an email regarding my medicals that are expiring in 2 weeks but I'm not sure whether I should send it through the case-specific enquiry email or the general. Any ideas?

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
ddobro2 said:
Well the difference between the general (i.e.: that international.gc.ca address) and the case-specific is that it says you can only send a case-specific if, "Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times." Then you ultimately send a web-based email (after going past several disclaimer pages), and I didn't see an option to send a copy of the message to one's email account.

So in my opinion, them having even more reason not to respond (the it being less than 11 months since you filed thing), plus the fact that you wouldn't have a record of it since it's all web-based, makes me thing the general email is better.
100% agree!!! I felt the same way when I realized how the case-specific inquiry worked... not worth the time or effort, and you don't even have a copy of your request after you send it. I'd send a direct email to the general mail box in any situation.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's been too cool on here...Hope there is going to be more PPR/PRV this week!!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For anyone who's already landed, thought I'd share some job fairs in Ontario that I picked up from the FSW stream's thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/recent-unread-topics/-t83858.60.html;topicseen

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Yay! received visitor record extension today...:D (better than nothing lol :p ) I have a question...
Did you guys pay RPRF even application for PR is not approved yet? (or before receiving ppr)?
The reason I am asking is ...I havn't paid RPRF , and planning to pay it when I receive PPR...
Can someone explain? Thanks :D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You MUST pay the landing fee (RPRF) before they complete processing your file. I have never heard of anyone getting PPR before they've paid this fee. Usually, if you have not paid it until the point the VO is almost done with the assessments it needs to make to approve you for permanent residence, they will then send a message asking you to pay the RPRF fee or provide the receipt (they don't know if you pay but do not show proof of it) within 60 days. If you want to avoid any and all delays, of course, it's best to pay the RPRF fee at the very beginning - at the same time you pay the fees for sponsorship and the principal applicant - and send the receipt in the application to Mississauga.

nhl1011 said:
Yay! received visitor record extension today...:D (better than nothing lol :p ) I have a question...
Did you guys pay RPRF even application for PR is not approved yet? (or before receiving ppr)?
The reason I am asking is ...I havn't paid RPRF , and planning to pay it when I receive PPR...
Can someone explain? Thanks :D

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
ddobro2 said:
You MUST pay the landing fee (RPRF) before they complete processing your file. I have never heard of anyone getting PPR before they've paid this fee. Usually, if you have not paid it until the point the VO is almost done with the assessments it needs to make to approve you for permanent residence, they will then send a message asking you to pay the RPRF fee or provide the receipt (they don't know if you pay but do not show proof of it) within 60 days. If you want to avoid any and all delays, of course, it's best to pay the RPRF fee at the very beginning - at the same time you pay the fees for sponsorship and the principal applicant - and send the receipt in the application to Mississauga.
My immigration consultant told me usually PPR and request for RPRF comes together if we do it step by step, and she asked me to send receipt for RPRF with my passport when I receive PPR...
She explained if we pay RPRF at the very beginning, it might make VO think we are very anxious about the PR...( well, we do honestly ). :eek:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anxious about being approved for permanent residence?! Are you serious? Aren't we all? I think the VO has much more important assessments and judgement calls to make than what you paying all of your fees upfront might signify (and Buffalo is not even one of these VOs that has a high percentage of non-genuine relationships, as determined by the IOs). Like I said, since the RPRF fee takes some time to process once you send in the receipt, I think it makes no sense that they would let someone send in their passport when by the time it came to counterfoiling the visa onto the passport and sending it back, the processing of the landing fee might not be complete.

nhl1011 said:
My immigration consultant told me usually PPR and request for RPRF comes together if we go with step by step, and she asked me to send receipt for RPRF with my passport when I receive PPR...
She explained if we pay RPRF at the very beginning, it might make VO think we are very anxious about the PR...( well, we do honestly ). :eek: