Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cbennett said:
So, I received this email from Buffalo this morning:

Dear
xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

#
From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate for yourself. - FOR FRANCE. This must be received at this office by: 11/29/2011

Unless original documents are specifically requested, please submit certified true copies of supporting documents. All Police Certificates must be original. They will not be returned to you.

Please send the documentation requested above as soon as possible. If we do not receive all the documents requested or the explanation within 60 days from the date of this letter, we shall assume that you are no longer interested in pursuing your application and your application will be refused and your file closed.

If your application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act in force at the time that the new application was filed.

Immigration Section

I was an exchange student in Paris for almost 6 months back in 1992. At least I have some kind of update! I've already faxed my police request to the Minister of Justice in France. Fingers crossed I receive it back in a timely manner. I have a job offer and they want me to start soon!! I wish I had gotten the police report from France in the beginning but didn't think I was there long enough to require one.

This is really a great response, but i suggest you get the requested document and forward it to there office as soon as you can. But i think this is crazy for them to request additional document after waiving the interview, bcos after interview is waived it should be PPR for issuance of your PRV. Hope for the best after sending them the request document. Goodluck

cbennett

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived 9.30.11
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Eddy070 said:
This is really a great response, but i suggest you get the requested document and forward it to there office as soon as you can. But i think this is crazy for them to request additional document after waiving the interview, bcos after interview is waived it should be PPR for issuance of your PRV. Hope for the best after sending them the request document. Goodluck
Thanks so much. Within 30 minutes after receiving the email, I had tracked down the request form online and had it faxed the the Minister of justice in France. ;D You can tell I wasn't wlling to waste any time lol! Oh, and France doesn't charge a fee to get the backround check. How nice is that? :D

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's nice but it's just additional delay. Let's us all hope for the best.

cbennett

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived 9.30.11
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Eddy070 said:
That's nice but it's just additional delay. Let's us all hope for the best.
At least I'm living in Canada with my hubby so we're together. If it is a delay for another month, I can deal with it :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol, why would it be the fact that they have a baby?
mumbles said:
MARCH 2012??!!??!! oh my!! this scares me a bit...what the heck is going on with u=yours? maybe its the baby? I feel so bad for you! at least he is there with you at this time :) thinking of you!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very nice indeed, vive la France. Would be awesome if it was faster than the 2 months the FBI takes. Time is money, after all, right?
cbennett said:
Thanks so much. Within 30 minutes after receiving the email, I had tracked down the request form online and had it faxed the the Minister of justice in France. ;D You can tell I wasn't wlling to waste any time lol! Oh, and France doesn't charge a fee to get the backround check. How nice is that? :D

cbennett

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived 9.30.11
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
Very nice indeed, vive la France. Would be awesome if it was faster than the 2 months the FBI takes. Time is money, after all, right?
I was really lucky with the FBI check. I got my results back in less than 3 weeks :D I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will be quick with France too.

Tiggilicious

Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2011
AOR Received.
28-06-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
31-07-2011
Med's Done....
14-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
Well, we leave tomorrow super early in the AM to go to New Brunswick and then come back in to bring hubby back in as a PR! :) I can't believe this is almost about over. I hope Buffalo speeds up a bit more and quits with this yo yo effect

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Tiggilicious said:
Well, we leave tomorrow super early in the AM to go to New Brunswick and then come back in to bring hubby back in as a PR! :) I can't believe this is almost about over. I hope Buffalo speeds up a bit more and quits with this yo yo effect
You received your aor on June 28th...mine is august 3rd...I hope I get my ppr in a month lol...

shelleydalyce

Star Member
Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 1, 2011
AOR Received.
July 11, 2011 after an email and some prodding
File Transfer...
March 10, 2011
Med's Done....
November 30, 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
September 13, 2011
LANDED..........
September 13, 2011
Tiggilicious said:
Used to live in Wolfville and did that drive both ways numerous times. Just did it a few weeks ago coming from Newfoundland back to Ontario. You going to Calais/Ste Stephen or Woodstock/Houlton? I dunno if you've ever been but Calais is easier if you just wanna flagpole and get right back out of the states. Houlton is better if you want to grab some things to bring back with you. Also if you go to Houlton immigration people are only there 8am-8pm and in Calais it's 24hrs, if that's going to be a factor for you.

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
I just checked my ecas and now there's only one row as opposed to two rows before. Has that happened to anyone else here?

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Ellan said:
I just checked my ecas and now there's only one row as opposed to two rows before. Has that happened to anyone else here?
Yup its the same for me too, only 1 line now

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Hi I need clearance on something...please see email below I received from Buffalo today.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate for yourself. - State of New Jersey Police Certificate. This must be received at this office by: 12/15/2011

Unless original documents are specifically requested, please submit certified true copies of supporting documents. All Police Certificates must be original. They will not be returned to you.

So are they requesting PCC for NJ State right??

pdb1

Star Member
May 15, 2011
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2011
AOR Received.
26-July-2011
File Transfer...
07-June-2011
Med's Done....
20-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
4-Oct-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-Oct-2011
LANDED..........
29-Oct-2011
If you go personally to get your visa stamped at the Buffalo office then do you get your passport back the same day? If you mail your passport then how long does it typically take to get the passport back? Any help with this would be appreciated.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
buffalo-toronto said:
So are they requesting PCC for NJ State right??
Yes.

pdb1 said:
If you go personally to get your visa stamped at the Buffalo office then do you get your passport back the same day? If you mail your passport then how long does it typically take to get the passport back? Any help with this would be appreciated.
Yes, from what I've read here, if you go to Buffalo, you walk out ready to land. By mail is 14 business days last I heard.