+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary-Bound said:
My wife and I left for a week to Hawaii and my work visa was still good.I took my work visa out of my passport because I was affraid I would lose it.When we came back to Canada the border patrol asked me what I was doing here and I told them I was in the process of getting my permanent residence here.The officer asked if I had any proof and I didnt but I told him I had a work visa so of course he asked where it was and I told him.He said ok and stamped my passport.My friend told me now that my work visa expires the end off September that I can stay for another 6 months since they stamped my passport and didnt write anything under the stamp saying I had to leave that basically Im a visitor now.So if you take proof of your residency application and or letters from immigration showing proof you should be fine.
Your friend is wrong. You can't be a visitor and worker at the same time. You need to apply to extend your status.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmshock said:
Hi Mumbles,

Did you send your app via courier? Usually nobody hears anything until the sponsorship is approved about a month later.
Now sponsorship approval takes more than 2 months :(

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Its been quiet since monday. No PPRs, lot of people stuck on medicals recvd.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mmshock said:
Hi Mumbles,

Did you send your app via courier? Usually nobody hears anything until the sponsorship is approved about a month later. My husband (sponsor) received this info via e-mail.
Mississauga processing is taking a bit longer these days. I believe the official processing time for sponsor approval is now 68 business days.

Mumbles - Like mmshock explained, you won't hear anything until the sponsor has been approved by Mississauga. This is perfectly normal and Mississauga does not provide any sort of communication to confirm your package has been received.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you mailed it in via priority mail, you'd have a tracking number on your receipt, so you can see if it was delivered by entering it somewhere on the Canada Post site. Assuming that's what you used, that is. I know it's frustrating now with CPC-M. When I sent mine in, they were cranking out approvals after 1 month. But hang in there. It'll happen. And yeah, that's a typical application - but people still end up waiting longer than they thought they'd have to. So I guess my suggestion would be to try not to have high expectations, lol. Good luck.

mumbles said:
Hey Everyone....Just joining this discussion...My American husband and I (Canadian) sent in our application on Sept. 10th 2011. We have a very routine Applictaion from what I've read. No Kids, No previous marriages, No criminal or Medical issues. We got married on Jan. 1st 2011. Plenty of proof of relationship in every way possible. Feeling very frustrated right now as its been two weeks and they have not even acknowledged that they have received our App....

From what I have read on previous forums....this whole process could take less than three to four months.....But on the CIC site it always says 11 months :( I know this number is based on 80% of the processed applications...but....11 months??? I really don't know how my husband and I will manage being apart for 11 more months :(

any success stories to share???

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, really? This person is with Buffalo and sponsoring a spouse? That's well over a year....
AllisonVSC said:
I have a non-forum friend who is still waiting too. She applied last year in June 2010.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, we had a couple people on Monday the 27th. Well, there's still today and tomorrow.... :p

buffalo-toronto said:
Its been quiet since monday. No PPRs, lot of people stuck on medicals recvd.

argenta

May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFF/NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
11-01-2011
Passport Req..
05-10-2011
I'm from the November group and still waiting...so there are still a few of us out there.

amaranth said:
I'm still here too! :p

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
rjessome said:
Your friend is wrong. You can't be a visitor and worker at the same time. You need to apply to extend your status.
I have already applied to renew my work permit, but between waiting on the LMO, CAQ, and then the work permit itself to be approved, chances are I won't get it before I have to leave the country. Therefore, I need advice on getting a visitor record as I will lose my implied status once I leave.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why CAQ? Will you be studying *and* working?
francohoosier said:
I have already applied to renew my work permit, but between waiting on the LMO, CAQ, and then the work permit itself to be approved, chances are I won't get it before I have to leave the country. Therefore, I need advice on getting a visitor record as I will lose my implied status once I leave.

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
argenta said:
I'm from the November group and still waiting...so there are still a few of us out there.
So if what they say about 11 months is true, you are most likely the next person to get their PPR. Did you order ur CAIPS notes? Did you have any issues with ur application?

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
ddobro2 said:
Why CAQ? Will you be studying *and* working?
Nope. Just working. Finished all my studying in the US, at least for now lol. A CAQ (certificat d'acceptation du Québec) is required for a new work permit or new study permit. All work permits requiring an LMO also require a CAQ if they're Québec job offers. Since my old WP was a working holiday program, even though it's an extension of that same job, it's technically an application for a NEW work permit, hence the CAQ and all that jazz. But I still get implied status in the meantime since it's WP -> WP.

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
mohamedontheroad said:
how does one know if sponsorship approved by cpc-m ? how do you know when application transfer to buff vo ?
you get a letter from Mississauga informing you that your app has been received and sent to Buffalo