Passport Req..
18-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
16-02-2013
mocool said:
Got COPR yesterday!!

Does anyone know where if the Lewinston or piece bridge have hours that they don't process PR's. I would like to go Saturday night late at night to land.
GRATS!!!
I hope we get ours soon too - our PPR was the day after yours =)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mocool said:
Got COPR yesterday!!

Does anyone know where if the Lewinston or piece bridge have hours that they don't process PR's. I would like to go Saturday night late at night to land.
Check the CBSA website: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/indexpages/indextype38-e.html

Lewinston is listed as 24 hours for immigration, as is Peace Bridge.

emily_anya

May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 03 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 30 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 20 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
Jan 30 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 13 2013 :D
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
email received today in response to docs i sent them that they had requested last week (copy of passport and proof of my sponsors income)...

Good afternoon,

Please be advised that the documents you transmitted via email have been received. Your application is in the final stages and should be concluded shortly.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Sincerely,

Case Officer EB (9570)

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
So, I had my interview.. Sharing my experience with you all

My interview was scheduled at 9.30am at LA VO. me and my husband reached there 1 hour before and we parked in the same building. We went to the consulate at 8.45am. That time there was just one person who had appointment. we sat there and people started coming (i dont know for what reasons as I was so tensed) I was looking for the receptionist to whom I had to give the evidences which were requested in the letter to be submitted before but she never asked me so. finally after 1 hour of waiting, my name was called and I went in.(I knew they would interview me more than my hubby but still we both were prepared if cross questioning happens incase) the Visa Officer came and she started asking me questions (in a polite manner) the very first question was "is your sponsor with you ?" ( the interview letter stated me and my husband's name so he had to be with me ) I said yes. then she asked me questions related to me that from how long I am in US (as I am immigrant here), where do i work ? why I keep going back to my country (NZ) after that she asked my passport and then she started asking questions about my relation (from starting till now), my family(parents), husband... Questions she asked were simple but tricky but i knew so much about my husband that i answered her in an ease manner and in confident way and then after 45 minutes of the interview she asked me to call my husband as she wanted to ask few questions to him. and then my husband came in she asked him few questions and then (FINALLY) she said she has no obligations related to my relationship and can go ahead with the issuing a permanent resident papers but the medicals expired few weeks ago so she will ask for extension and hopefully if she gets extension then she will request for my passport. and she congratulated us. wow

Believe me I had 2 Bags and another one of my wedding album as proofs but Visa Officer did not ask me anything not even my marriage certificate. (I guess I was lucky )

I knew already that I would not be asked for my passport that very time but still I am happy that I came more closer to the ending of this process which started a year and a week ago.

Thanks to everybody here who helped me sharing their interview experiences and who gave me suggestions ..
Hoping the extension from Ottawa would not take long ....
BTW any idea how long do they take to give extension?