wavied
Passport Req..
13-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt; CPR issued 08-01-2013
LANDED..........
18-03-2013
oldlovey said:
I finally received some news on the 23rd, that I was approved for sponsorship!

Also I see that they received his medicals...but while I was browsing this forum, I realized that we actually needed a FBI criminal background check and not simply a state one. Wow. I feel so stupid right now! I can't believe we made such a silly mistake...

Anyways, to remedy the situation. Should I wait for them to contact me before asking my husband to go get one? Or should we go ahead and start getting FBI clearance as soon as possible?

Just a note, I got my FBI background check back in 4 weeks. The FBI website predicts 8 weeks. So yes, go ahead and start on it, and hopefully they'll process your request efficently.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Maybe a better chance to hope for no snow in Buffalo in April/May than efficient/consistent updates in eCAS/communications from Buffalo? :)

Amoss said:
Hi! So I got my sponsorship approval from CIC-M on March 20th and was informed our file was being transferred to Buffalo.. Well, as you know, that was over a month ago now (almost a month and a half) and we haven't received anything from Buffalo yet. How long does it usually take to get an AOR (or sign of life) from them?

Our e-cas was updated about a week ago and now says "medicals" received" but that's it. no "in process" or anything like that. I guess that is kind of a sign of life ::) but wouldn't mind the official "we have your app" letter

TX-to-MTL

Apr 26, 2012
After requesting status from Buffalo VO yesterday, I just got a reply email saying my file had been transferred to Seattle on March 28, 2012! I had never received a notice of that... Oh well. I guess you could add this to the spreadsheet? My CSQ application is in process now, they cashed the fee yesterday. On the phone today they said it could be 4-6 weeks before they send it. Also they're not sure they can send it to Seattle since my initial VO was Buffalo and it's Buffalo that is written on my sponsorship approval letter!! Another delay. I guess this would justify my forwarding a copy of the CSQ I receive to Seattle myself...

TX-to-MTL

Apr 26, 2012
Also (sorry for the newbie question!), how can I add my timeline to the left margin/add a signature? The options are not available on my profile setup page... Thanks!

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
TX-to-MTL said:
Also (sorry for the newbie question!), how can I add my timeline to the left margin/add a signature? The options are not available on my profile setup page... Thanks!
You have to get 10 posts in order for that option to unlock :) Keep writting!

Rouge

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Passport Req..
19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
Hello
Can anyone tell me if I need pictures when I "Land"??
Thanks in advance

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
TX-to-MTL said:
Thank you cgagnon!
No problem I was confused as well at the beginning!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rouge said:
Hello
Can anyone tell me if I need pictures when I "Land"??
Thanks in advance
You do not need photos - they process the PR Card request electronically based on your COPR photo :)

Happy landing!

Rouge

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Passport Req..
19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
OhCanadiana said:
You do not need photos - they process the PR Card request electronically based on your COPR photo :)

Happy landing!
Cool! thanks

Habsfan

May 17, 2011
Hello everyone!

My american wife and I have finally completed and mailed the application in mid-March 2012. It's been about 7 weeks now, and still no letter confirming that they are processing our application. Anyone knows what the usual delays to get that letter are nowadays?

I'm mostly asking before we're taking a trip to the states in just a week! And we were hoping to get the letter before we leave to facilitate reentry to Canada after the trip.

To be honest we're a bit worried about the returning to Canada after our two weeks trip down there. She's been living with me in Canada for almost a year now (we had requested and received a 6-months visitor visa extension to cover this extended stay), and we're going to the states for only a couple of weeks and coming back. Most of her stuff is at her parents in the States and that's where her official address is until she can officially move here, so she doesn't have a lease at her name in the states. We'll be travelling light and by plane, but the tickets only conver the trip to the states and back, not her return to the states after her next stay (specifying this because I know the best bet is to have a two-way ticket so you have a return date). Would it be a good idea to plan the next trip to the states (in around 6 months or so) and buy the tickets now and bring the receipt with us to prove that she intends to be going back to the states before the 6 months expires? Or are we worrying for nothing here?

We'll have the CIC Application Fee receipt, Visa visitor extension to justify her current extended visit, Wedding Certificate, and Canada Post receipt for mailing the application in March, but that's pretty much all the documents we will have to convince border offiers that she is not intending to immigrate illegally. Should we expect it to be enough?

Thanks in advance for your advices and comments :D

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
Lasiar said:
Hello All.
I sent an email off yesterday to my MLA. giving him a bit of background on my application process and the lack of updates from the CIC or the VO dealing with our application. He did respond back within 10 mins which I thought was great. He said he would look into my case, and see what he can do or at least find out for me. He said he would also speak the federal MP as well, as there were others inquiring also. So hears hoping for some good news or at least an update. let you all know what happens. :)
Well I received a phone call from the MP office this afternoon. CIC told them that it was too early to ask about the status of my application and that it could take up to 18months????? I have never read that it could take that long out of the detroit/buffalo office. Has anyone else.. The MP is going to get back to them again for some more specific information, and also the person I spoke to stated alot of people have been complaining about the non information lack of updates to status on ecas or through the VO either. So disheartening to say the least if this 18month thing is true. does anyone know? thanks.

p.s I also noticed on the time line that myself and Muffy1 are the only 2 that have not received PPR.

aminca

Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
AOR Received.
No AOR; Email from Buf on 15/3 says app is "in process"; Ecas updated to "In Process since March 15th" on 19/03
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
03-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
Habsfan said:
We'll have the CIC Application Fee receipt, Visa visitor extension to justify her current extended visit, Wedding Certificate, and Canada Post receipt for mailing the application in March, but that's pretty much all the documents we will have to convince border offiers that she is not intending to immigrate illegally. Should we expect it to be enough?
I took all that with me plus I had my bank statement, my husband had our lease, and his letter of employment that showed he makes enough to support both of us. I had no issues. They were really nice.

I've been job hunting and I haven't heard a single thing. I'm getting a little discouraged and I've already been going crazy from lack of work. I'm worried lack of Canadian experience may be hurting me. I'm in a special field that there aren't a lot of people qualified for, and usually by now I would have heard something. Has anyone else been in this situation? Is there any hope? Should I dumb down the resume and try to get a survival job? :(

Habsfan

May 17, 2011
Lasiar said:
Well I received a phone call from the MP office this afternoon. CIC told them that it was too early to ask about the status of my application and that it could take up to 18months?????
That sucks :(
That 18 months is for the whole process thought isn't it? I was mostly enquiring about the letter confirming that they received your application and are processing it.. if my memory is good, I think they were saying it normally takes around 5 weeks to get this letter.. hope we get it soon! And good luck on your application, hope it won't take that long!

aminca said:
I took all that with me plus I had my bank statement, my husband had our lease, and his letter of employment that showed he makes enough to support both of us. I had no issues. They were really nice.
Well thank you that is already a bit reassuring! I'll make sure to bring those other documents with us as well :)

As for the job hunting, I have no idea in what field you're looking for, but the last couple of months have been hard on the job market with all the layoffs in the Public Service and what not. Sadly the only advice I have regarding that is to keep trying.. I wish you all the luck in your research! :)

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Lasiar said:
Well I received a phone call from the MP office this afternoon. CIC told them that it was too early to ask about the status of my application and that it could take up to 18months????? I have never read that it could take that long out of the detroit/buffalo office. Has anyone else.. The MP is going to get back to them again for some more specific information, and also the person I spoke to stated alot of people have been complaining about the non information lack of updates to status on ecas or through the VO either. So disheartening to say the least if this 18month thing is true. does anyone know? thanks.

p.s I also noticed on the time line that myself and Muffy1 are the only 2 that have not received PPR.
Lasiar- I noticed that as well! We must be special ;) I've been trying to get an update, as well, as I have not heard anything since Dec. 28th. We have an MP's office looking into it....it's been over a week since MP's office said they would look into it. Have not heard anything. I'm trying to be patient but it's so hard :) I just keep telling myself that someone else out there in this "PR process" needs their PPR/COPR/to be done with process more than I do and my turn will come :)

When I saw GOGOGO, bbiery, callisons, receiving PPR I thought I might be close lol. Oh well.

Our time will come, too, don't you worry. I'm just praying sooner than later. Keep me updated on your status and I'll do the same :) All the best!