Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
If I remember correctly from other posts, you will need to reconfirm the address for your PR card when you land.

The Franchise said:
This is the email/form I received too. So, obviously my COPR will be sent to the address I put on this form. Will I receive additional info about my PR card with the COPR, or will they eventually just send it to this address too?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GOGOGO said:
If I remember correctly from other posts, you will need to reconfirm the address for your PR card when you land.
Yup - they ask you for the address when you land. If you want to be extra helpful, unless the address is super-straight-forward, take it written down for the agent (they usually hand you a slip of paper to write it on)

StateOfConfusion

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Pennsylvania - USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
AOR Received.
20-01-2012 (CPC-M/Sponsor)/14-2-2012 (Buffalo)
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
05-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 10-4-2012
LANDED..........
24-5-2012
Hey all,

So, I am back from my vacation, and finally got to open my COPR mail. How exciting! The sent back the copied pages of my passport, a letter explaining the COPR amd instructions and TWO copies of the COPR. One with one of my pictures attached and marked as 'CIC Copy', and the other that doesn't have the picture attached and says 'Client Copy'. At first I was confused as to why there were two, then I figured it was because they needed me to sign both and one was mine and they would keep one when I land. However, being the crazy scared person I am, I just wanted to confirm with everyone...you get two copies....right? This morning I had this crazy idea that they wouldn't have me on file because they didn't keep their portion of the COPR and when I land next month they won't let me in...the thought woke me up. Yeah. So glad this process is almost over.

As always, thanks everyone.

SoC

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StateOfConfusion said:
Hey all,

So, I am back from my vacation, and finally got to open my COPR mail. How exciting! The sent back the copied pages of my passport, a letter explaining the COPR amd instructions and TWO copies of the COPR. One with one of my pictures attached and marked as 'CIC Copy', and the other that doesn't have the picture attached and says 'Client Copy'. At first I was confused as to why there were two, then I figured it was because they needed me to sign both and one was mine and they would keep one when I land.

That is correct. They used to be big pieces of paper, uniquely sized with carbon paper. Now, they've moved over to this system ... Don't worry and take them both to land.

Keep your copy for ever. It's the proof that you landed and became a PR of Canada for the rest of your life (once the border agent signs and stamps it along with your signature). In fact, it's one of those documents uu want to out in a safe deposit box.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
StateOfConfusion said:
At first I was confused as to why there were two, then I figured it was because they needed me to sign both and one was mine and they would keep one when I land. However, being the crazy scared person I am, I just wanted to confirm with everyone...you get two copies....right?
Definitely keep your copy safe forever. If you ever want to apply for citizenship (as US citizens, we can obtain Canadian citizenship and keep our US citizenship, making us dual citizens), you'll need it.

Shirsho

Jan 23, 2012
My desire of my hubby and I settling in Canada remains a distant dream...We received two arrogant and unprofessional e-mails from NY to submit proof of further medical examination and with no information on what additional examination is required....They have given us a deadline for early may...We contacted NY abt 7 times now...No response...We got in touch our MP office and showed the office manager the e-mails...He said that in his career and in his correspondences he has never seen such an unprofessional e-mails with lack of information....My husband got in touch with immigration dept..... Someone was nice enough to check his file and said that he had scored perfect in heath and was confused why such a request for further medical exam was made...The person asked to re-do tests, as his medicals will expire in august...I dont understand why he has to re-do...its april...he still has 3 whole months...what is this non sense???...I am very much disappointed with this unfair treatment....Our file is well organized with all the info they would need to process....Still they wanted to come up with something and use our file as a "make work project"...Hopeless..As a Canadian, I am very disappointed with this...My hard earned money is being used to feed these non-sense ppl...Complete non-sense...Isn't there anyone in the govt watching or supervising??...Very disappointing...

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
Shirsho said:
My desire of my hubby and I settling in Canada remains a distant dream...We received two arrogant and unprofessional e-mails from NY to submit proof of further medical examination and with no information on what additional examination is required....They have given us a deadline for early may...We contacted NY abt 7 times now...No response...We got in touch our MP office and showed the office manager the e-mails...He said that in his career and in his correspondences he has never seen such an unprofessional e-mails with lack of information....My husband got in touch with immigration dept..... Someone was nice enough to check his file and said that he had scored perfect in heath and was confused why such a request for further medical exam was made...The person asked to re-do tests, as his medicals will expire in august...I dont understand why he has to re-do...its april...he still has 3 whole months...what is this non sense???...I am very much disappointed with this unfair treatment....Our file is well organized with all the info they would need to process....Still they wanted to come up with something and use our file as a "make work project"...Hopeless..As a Canadian, I am very disappointed with this...My hard earned money is being used to feed these non-sense ppl...Complete non-sense...Isn't there anyone in the govt watching or supervising??...Very disappointing...
Oh no Shirsho!! That is absolutely unbelievable. I dont understand them needing your husbands medical done again at this time, makes no sense as like you said they are still good for another three months. This just makes a person so angry, to be treated in such a way.. I can imagine what you are going through and I hope that it gets resolved soon. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you and your hubby, and that you willl come to canada very soon.. I'm sorry I have no answers for you, wish I did. Take care

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Sorry to hear that! I think they might have messed something up. Did you try to contact NY via all channels: email+fax+case specify enquiry? Is your MP going to follow up for you?
I hope you sort it out shortly. Best of luck to you!

Shirsho said:

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
hey guys! :)

How long do they tend to give you once you receive your COPR to land? I've been reading that they usually give the one year anniversary date of your medicals.....but thats May 10th for us and we were hoping to not do this until May 30th or so.....any thoughts??

Mumbles

moochops

Aug 13, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2011
Doc's Request.
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-08-2011
Med's Request
new request 19-12-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2010 / 16-01-2013
Interview........
waived
I know it will say when you get it back the date you need to land before.

Ordinarily its before the first year anniversary of your meds, but in the case of expired meds i've seen them give either 30 or 60 days.

Sorry can't be more specific

StateOfConfusion

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Pennsylvania - USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
AOR Received.
20-01-2012 (CPC-M/Sponsor)/14-2-2012 (Buffalo)
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
05-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 10-4-2012
LANDED..........
24-5-2012
mumbles said:
hey guys! :)

How long do they tend to give you once you receive your COPR to land? I've been reading that they usually give the one year anniversary date of your medicals.....but thats May 10th for us and we were hoping to not do this until May 30th or so.....any thoughts??

Mumbles
I have until October 31 to land, and my medicals expire on October 10. I was a little surprised by that, and I am not sure if that helps you, but at least there is hope that you will have until the end of the month of your expiring medicals :).

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
Shirsho said:
I can't imagine what they are thinking! Insanity. I hope they figure it out QUICK. It WILL happen - I just hope they resolve whatever stupidity is compelling them and get it done soon.