12/02/2011
Interview........
28/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
20/01/2012
LANDED..........
06/02/2012
jacobsdennis said:
OMG...Just one week from today and we'll be in the actual interview in Buffalo! Getting soooo excited, but nervous!!!
Best of luck with the interview :)

I guess Buffalo's been prepping for the new changes. Lets hope December brings more PPR

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Happy no-more counterfoil day! :p

I was thinking last night how it seemed like, at least on here, there were no new PPRs after the 2nd week of November, which got me thinking that Buffalo must have actually done something rational for once in holding off on sending requests so close to the implementation of the new regs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this means they've got a few weeks worth of letters ready to go and that we'll see a spike in COPRs this month!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
canuckofchicago said:
Hey everyone,

I just have a quick question, when we receive the official notice that my wife's Pernament Residency visa is "ready" and we physically go to the buffalo do we have to bring that notification/notice to the buffalo with us?

Thanks,
Richard
Richard, there's some question right now as to what will be required with the new regs taking effect today that do away with the counterfoil traditionally put into PR applicants' passports before landing (they're no longer being done for applicants coming from visa-exempt nations like the U.S.). There is some argument over whether they will still request the passport before issuing COPR or if they will send the COPR to the applicant who will then take the COPR and their passport with them to land. Long story short, you may no longer need to worry about making the trip to Buffalo, but we'll see what the new notices say after today. In response to your question though, if a trip to Buffalo is still required I for one would definitely bring a copy of the notice with me.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
canuckofchicago said:
Hey everyone,

I just have a quick question, when we receive the official notice that my wife's Pernament Residency visa is "ready" and we physically go to the buffalo do we have to bring that notification/notice to the buffalo with us?

Thanks,
Richard
I did but they didn't look at it. Just be sure to bring the items on the list (and if you are landing the same day bring your list of goods to import).

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
AmericaninQuebec said:
Happy no-more counterfoil day! :p
But I like my fancy shiny counterfoil with the holographic mounties riding across it... :D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Holographic mounties riding across it? Ooh, I want one too. Seems like a very season-appropriate scene (well, I know mounties can be riding horseback in summer, but I just can't picture it), and sadly my (humble-sized) halls are completely undecked (plus who doesn't love holographs?). Or I guess I could go buy some ball ornaments from Dollarama and put them into a glass bowl.

Speaking of mounties in the summer, I'm reminded of when I once attended the Folklife Festival in Washinton, DC in the dead of summer one year and one of the themes was something Canadian. There were mounties in full regalia in the 100+ degree heat at the all-day exhibition tents. I was sweating wearing summer gear and I just remember wondering how miserably hot they must have been.
amaranth said:
But I like my fancy shiny counterfoil with the holographic mounties riding across it... :D

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
So much for hoping we'd have a lot of notices come through today. Way to keep our expectations low Buffalo!

P.S. For anyone who cares, I still haven't gotten a response to my email on Tuesday pointing out the contradictory evidence in my GCMS notes vs. Buffalo's claim that they're still awaiting my meds (oh and the tiny detail where the person kept using half of my last name instead of my actual last name) and that they'd told the MP's office in October that they'd been received. I wouldn't expect one except the person had promptly replied to my other on Monday morning. Apparently Buffalo does not respond well to being called on its BS. ::)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then they're really not going to like me because I called them on their BS in my cover letter that accompanied my CSQ copy (politely pointed out, of course ;D). Mail and fax both.

On the lack of "finalizations" I guess we can call them, I'm actually not too surprised. I didn't expect that on Dec. 1 all of a sudden they would be contacting scores of people. True, one assumes that a policy change like that would require alot of preparatory measures, internal documentation and guidelines as well as getting CBSA on the same page with them. But I really thought they would get through files normally until that point and then transition and that they wouldn't "squirrel away" applicants they were ready to give visas to until the policy change went into effect. Could be totally wrong though.
AmericaninQuebec said:
Apparently Buffalo does not respond well to being called on its BS. ::)

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
amaranth said:
I had no idea, but my passport is sitting in front of me right now b/c I just got back from a long trip home to South Carolina to visit my family. And yes, there are mounties running across my counterfoil!!

What is also really cool for those not getting the visa counterfoil is the PR card! There is a maple leaf hologram and a little circle shaped see-through window that has your photo in it and a scrolling line of text with your name coming off that circular window and reaching over the hologram. My US pals are really impressed by that...And wait until the new Canadian $100 (polymer) bill comes out in 2012!

JAYJAY2

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-18-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
that new 100 bill is already out I got one.

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
:( i am pretty sad to see no PPRs lately, and so quiet around here, hope to hear some good news from Buffalo. and my GCMS note request is becoming a separate PR application of its own, lol :D, given the time it is taking me to do this right, and part of it is my fault because I did not sign the form, and it was returned. anyways , I also emailed buffalo and they told me my app is in process and may hear from them soon. ::) i dont know what to expect anymore.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very nice - I'm definetely looking forward to the day I hold one of those. Congrats on getting your passport and visa back.
AllisonVSC said:
I had no idea, but my passport is sitting in front of me right now b/c I just got back from a long trip home to South Carolina to visit my family. And yes, there are mounties running across my counterfoil!!

What is also really cool for those not getting the visa counterfoil is the PR card! There is a maple leaf hologram and a little circle shaped see-through window that has your photo in it and a scrolling line of text with your name coming off that circular window and reaching over the hologram. My US pals are really impressed by that...And wait until the new Canadian $100 (polymer) bill comes out in 2012!

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
I'm filling out the Generic Application Form and in #4 where it asks Immigration Office requested for processing this application do I put Buffalo or is that where I would put Seattle? If I do put Buffalo where is it I put Seattle as the interview place? Thanks!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you would put Buffalo. Seattle is a satellite office of Buffalo (along with L.A., New York, Detroit), meaning it normally processes visitor visas only but is sometimes forwarded some PR applications that RPC-Buffalo, um, particularly can't handle, I guess. That choice is up to Buffalo, as is whether you need an interview in the first place (they'll let you know if your file would ever need to be transferred to a satellite office and/or if you need an interview -both are rarities though).

mameelynn said:
I'm filling out the Generic Application Form and in #4 where it asks Immigration Office requested for processing this application do I put Buffalo or is that where I would put Seattle? If I do put Buffalo where is it I put Seattle as the interview place? Thanks!!

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
Speaking of mounties in the summer, I'm reminded of when I once attended the Folklife Festival in Washinton, DC in the dead of summer one year and one of the themes was something Canadian. There were mounties in full regalia in the 100+ degree heat at the all-day exhibition tents. I was sweating wearing summer gear and I just remember wondering how miserably hot they must have been.
Hah, yeah. My brother in law was in the Army, stationed at Ft. Meyer in DC. He was in the colour guard, essentially one of the legions of generic looking soldiers who do all the flag-bearing stuff, guarding the Tomb of the Unknown, funerals, parades, etc. (it's actually a pretty important job, and much harder than most people think!) Their dress blues are wool, and the coats are REALLY heavy. He said it got ridiculous in the summer, to the point where one soldier fainted while doing flag duty at some big speech. Poor guys punishment was to stand at attention in full dress in the middle of the training field with the 48lb. flag for 6 hours without breaks.

Okay, story time done. Landing story coming soon. I promise!