Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
AmericaninQuebec said:
On the upside, sounds like you'll get to take some "vacation" time while you wait. ;)

I think I'll go write a letter to Santa and see if he can't help us out. At this point I'm starting to think that might be just as effective as writing to Buffalo. :p
Sooo truuuuue!

BTW in case you need it Santa's email is thebigredguy@northpole.net. But if you want things done a little faster, email Mrs. Claus at christmasladyxo@northpole.net.

Thanks for the much-needed cheering up!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
**crickets**

Looks like all's quiet on the western front so far this week. I'm wondering if we'll see more movement starting tomorrow with the implementation of the new regs.

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
AmericaninQuebec said:
**crickets**

Looks like all's quiet on the western front so far this week. I'm wondering if we'll see more movement starting tomorrow with the implementation of the new regs.
I'm hoping the best for all.

jacobsdennis

Oct 21, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-03-2011
Interview........
07-12-2011
Passport Req..
07-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
OMG...Just one week from today and we'll be in the actual interview in Buffalo! Getting soooo excited, but nervous!!!

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
AmericaninQuebec said:
**crickets**

Guess Buffalo is trying to digest all those Thanksgiving turkeys. Hope it will have a fresh appetite in December - lots of PPR.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
jacobsdennis said:
OMG...Just one week from today and we'll be in the actual interview in Buffalo! Getting soooo excited, but nervous!!!
Looking at your timeline, they made you wait for more than 11 months for the interview!!!???
All the best and good luck to your interview. Take the trip as a second honeymoon. You guys will be fine. ;)

canuckofchicago

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2011
Doc's Request.
06-10-2011
AOR Received.
08-07-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Hey everyone,

I just have a quick question, when we receive the official notice that my wife's Pernament Residency visa is "ready" and we physically go to the buffalo do we have to bring that notification/notice to the buffalo with us?

Thanks,
Richard

gypsy494

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
08-11-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Input please ;D I am supposed to leave min Jan ( visitor 6 months) when should I appy for extention? I have crossed prob 50 times and this past time when I asked for the 6 months visitor the first person treated me just horrible...never encounterd that before and was very much shook up. I returned the next day with additional papers they wanted and no prob but they did say cross over by that date and make sure I go in and personally hand over and have logged.sooooooo as I am freeked out I do not want to screw it up.( the extention) Fingers crossed I get it dread driving 12 hrs mid Jan. :eek:
Thanks

Been trying to watch everyones progress and root ya on! jacobsdennis woot woot bout the interview you will be fine will be thinking bout you!

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
Here's to a string of COPRs and PPR now that December is here! I wonder if it's going to take them a week or so to get the COPR/Counterfoil exempt process up and running, ergo delaying further those who might have heard in November?

Lots of I wonders....

:)

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
jacobsdennis said:
Good luck with the interview! Hopefully you two will get the visa after it's complete and you'll be good to go!

Today is the day. Policy Change Day! It's also the first day of Christember. Woo.

Question for you all: does anyone know of a way to have mail automatically forwarded from the U.S. to Canada? From looking around on the USPS website I didn't find much. I can call them and ask, but was wondering if anyone here had experience with that.

I would much rather have all my mail forwarded to Canada than change my address with the CIC and have them risk sending important letters to my old address. Lard I hate relying on paper mail as the main means of communication.

My back-up option is to get a PO box in Buffalo and drive aaaall the way back once a week or every two weeks to check my mail.

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
eeeeeeeelectric said:
Here's to a string of COPRs and PPR now that December is here! I wonder if it's going to take them a week or so to get the COPR/Counterfoil exempt process up and running, ergo delaying further those who might have heard in November?

Lots of I wonders....

:)
I was wondering the same thing. I HOPED that CIC had some COPR letters ready to be mailed on Dec. 1st or 2nd under the new system, but that's just me being a daydreaming optimist. Even so, letters mailed on Dec. 1st won't get to the states until at least a week later. But hopefully a lot of people will get their COPRs in early-mid December. Any time before Christmas would be most awesome.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You mean they'd get to anyone waiting it out in Canada "at least a week later" (the letters would be coming from the states, after all)?

Anyway, my hunch is that they will still tell people they are finalized and where to present themselves with what over email.

mcmasters said:
I was wondering the same thing. I HOPED that CIC had some COPR letters ready to be mailed on Dec. 1st or 2nd under the new system, but that's just me being a daydreaming optimist. Even so, letters mailed on Dec. 1st won't get to the states until at least a week later. But hopefully a lot of people will get their COPRs in early-mid December. Any time before Christmas would be most awesome.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are various commercial sites about this but they seem to be based on the idea of people outside of the U.S. being able to shop online at stores that don't ship to their country. I'm not sure these fit the bill, but you could check these sites: http://www.usabox.com/, http://www.mailnetwork.com/site/page/view/faq.
mcmasters said:
Good luck with the interview! Hopefully you two will get the visa after it's complete and you'll be good to go!

Today is the day. Policy Change Day! It's also the first day of Christember. Woo.

Question for you all: does anyone know of a way to have mail automatically forwarded from the U.S. to Canada? From looking around on the USPS website I didn't find much. I can call them and ask, but was wondering if anyone here had experience with that.

I would much rather have all my mail forwarded to Canada than change my address with the CIC and have them risk sending important letters to my old address. Lard I hate relying on paper mail as the main means of communication.

My back-up option is to get a PO box in Buffalo and drive aaaall the way back once a week or every two weeks to check my mail.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
gypsy494 said:
Input please ;D I am supposed to leave min Jan ( visitor 6 months) when should I appy for extention? I have crossed prob 50 times and this past time when I asked for the 6 months visitor the first person treated me just horrible...never encounterd that before and was very much shook up. I returned the next day with additional papers they wanted and no prob but they did say cross over by that date and make sure I go in and personally hand over and have logged.sooooooo as I am freeked out I do not want to screw it up.( the extention) Fingers crossed I get it dread driving 12 hrs mid Jan. :eek:
Thanks

Been trying to watch everyones progress and root ya on! jacobsdennis woot woot bout the interview you will be fine will be thinking bout you!
You can apply for an extension right now if it yours expires in January. I personally haven't done it that way, but I think other people on here have. I believe there's info on the back of the visitor pass about how to do that, and it costs about $75. Or you could go back to the border and do it (that's what I do) and it's free. If you do go back to the border you must go no later than the day before the end date on your visitor pass. If you go the same day as the final date then you will have over stayed your entry.

It's unfortunate that they gave you so much trouble the first time around. Had you already started your PR process? It's easier at the border once your PR is in process. If you go to the border again definitely bring a copy of your application as proof that you've taken the appropriate steps to change your status from visitor to PR.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
mcmasters said:

I've never heard of this being an option via USPS, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a private company that offered the service at a ridiculous rate. Could you have your mail forwarded instead to a family member who could then overnight to you any important pieces of mail? Might be cheaper and easier that way then getting a P.O. Box. I have my U.S. mail sent to my parents who scan it for anything that looks important, then they call and verify if it should be sent right away. Otherwise they forward me a big package of mail every 2 or 3 mths.