File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
jayde said:
I would suggest going to another MP's office.
We've tried that. So far, 3 other MP's have told us that since we're not in their riding, they "can't" help us. I intend to keep looking though.

ddobro2 said:
What did you do before? Email or fax? If fax, I'm assuming you got the confirmation sheet and all. I think you should also mail to cover the second base. I think you ARE close to finished, they just need time to process that RPRF that they just got the receipt for, from what it sounds like you're saying.
Emailed, faxed, and snail mail. Again, since we paid ALL the fees before we sent the app, I can't wrap my head around why they are asking for it now.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you send the proof of your visitation status (bank statements, receipts, transit tickets, invoices from doctors or dentists you visited) in Canada before you found out that CIC does not have a record of you being there? If it's going through your MP's office, there may have been a delay or breakdown of communication between them and the visa office on behalf of your case.

Regarding your non-accompanying son: Is the number of family members you entered on the IMM 0008GEN (accompanying or not) the same as the number of persons listed on the IMM1344AE? Did your son fill out Schedule 1 - Background Declaration and Additional Family information (IMM 5406E) too?

Calgary-Bound said:
My wife and I drove across the border October 8 2010.I was here as a visitor until March 1 2011 of this year when I got my work visa.So I have been In Canada for the last year.I have a 17 yr old son who lives with his mother but isnt being sponsored to come here.He actualy did the medicals tho and the gcms notes said his had been approved already.When I came to Canada In October 2010 they didnt stamp my passport when my wife and I came thru.So I talked to a friend In immigration and she said to fax all my bank statements to my MP so she can send them to Buffalo showing I have been here since October 2010.My friend said they will except that as proof since It shows all my transactions for fuel and hotels thru all the states we traveled and that Ive been spending money In Canada since Ive been here.Once they have that proof she said they will request Ottawa to extend my medicals.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not that you paid all of them before applying, it's that you sent in a receipt from the Canadian bank saying you did, right?

Anyway, I think maybe they're not used to dealing with offline payments/receipts. I think they expect you to send in a particular form, the IMM 5401 (Fees Receipt).

You could look for your bank statement showing the debit of $75 + $475 + $490 as well....

amaranth said:
Emailed, faxed, and snail mail. Again, since we paid ALL the fees before we sent the app, I can't wrap my head around why they are asking for it now.

canuckofchicago

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2011
Doc's Request.
06-10-2011
AOR Received.
08-07-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Does anyone know if Buffalo will send you notification if final payment is required before finalizing the PR application?

Thanks,
CanuckofChicago

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
It's not that you paid all of them before applying, it's that you sent in a receipt from the Canadian bank saying you did, right?

Anyway, I think maybe they're not used to dealing with offline payments/receipts. I think they expect you to send in a particular form, the IMM 5401 (Fees Receipt).
I did exactly as the guide states:

"You have two options to pay fees:
1. Pay your fees online (preferred option).
2. Pay your fees at a financial institution in Canada."

We did option 2. EXACTLY as instructed in the guide, ordered the OFFICIAL receipt (IMM5401) and everything. Neither of us had a credit card that allowed such a large payment all at once, so we went the bank (aka financial institution) route. The bank people knew EXACTLY what we were doing. They deal with this all the time. It's not like we were throwing CIC some sort of ridiculous curve ball here!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know what to tell ya.....

amaranth said:
I did exactly as the guide states:

"You have two options to pay fees:
1. Pay your fees online (preferred option).
2. Pay your fees at a financial institution in Canada."

We did option 2. EXACTLY as instructed in the guide, ordered the OFFICIAL receipt (IMM5401) and everything. Neither of us had a credit card that allowed such a large payment all at once, so we went the bank (aka financial institution) route. The bank people knew EXACTLY what we were doing. They deal with this all the time. It's not like we were throwing CIC some sort of ridiculous curve ball here!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you do decide to continue bringing this to the attention of the Minister of Parliament's office, amaranth, you might want to invoke that term....."procedural fairness," which despite being pretty broad and subjective, does include things such as "communicating adequately and accurately with applicants" and "processing without undue delay" (in CIC's own words). That one about "receiving fair and equitable treatment" as other applicants might apply too, since it was not only your right to pay using a bank but it was also highly unfeasible for you to pay through the alternative route due to not having the credit card.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
ddobro2 said:
Did you send the proof of your visitation status (bank statements, receipts, transit tickets, invoices from doctors or dentists you visited) in Canada before you found out that CIC does not have a record of you being there? If it's going through your MP's office, there may have been a delay or breakdown of communication between them and the visa office on behalf of your case.

Regarding your non-accompanying son: Is the number of family members you entered on the IMM 0008GEN (accompanying or not) the same as the number of persons listed on the IMM1344AE? Did your son fill out Schedule 1 - Background Declaration and Additional Family information (IMM 5406E) too?
We didnt know about them not haveing a record until yesterday.So I faxed all my bank statements this morning to the MP to be forwarded to Buffalo for proof of me being here since October.The problem started at the border when they didnt stamp my passport or even put in the system I came to Canada last October.All the forms are done for my son because I submitted my app In November the first time and It was returned for not haveing his medical done and was resubmitted in Feb.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!! We need more good news

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
pmary said:
Congratulations :) Ellan , I am really happy for you. :)
Thank you! I still can't believe it. I wish everyone waiting good luck. I know this process can be crazy frustrating. But it will happen! No doubt about it!

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Ellan said:
PPR!!!!! just got the email!!! Can't believe it!
Congrats! More PPR's!