27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
ddobro2 said:
Wow, so messed up. What did your GCMS notes say?
They said the medicals were in progress and the rest of the stuff hasnt even started.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
The MP just called and said theres no record of me being here from March 2010 to March 2011.How Is that when my wife and I drove thru the boarder In October 2010.

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
Calgary-Bound said:
Well we just heard from the MP.She was told that my app wouldnt be done before the 11month process and that my medicals are expired and that I have to redo them WTF!
It is CIC official policy written in their policy guide to provide sufficient reason if the processing is longer than 6 months. So I would email them and demand an explanation.

York Region

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
AOR Received.
08-08-2011
Med's Request
extended
Med's Done....
19-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2012
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
Hello guys, let me join your club. My application was received jule 11,2011 by Buffalo.
CIC status: Application received on July 11, 2011 .Medical documents have been received.

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
York Region said:
Hello guys, let me join your club. My application was received jule 11,2011 by Buffalo.
CIC status: Application received on July 11, 2011 .Medical documents have been received.

High 5 , ;D we are time twins , welcome.

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A

mcmasters

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-07-2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 11 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 27 2011
Well that makes at least four of us that got started in Buffalo on July 11th!

So, if the CIC has to give a reason for taking longer than 6 months to process an application, is that 6 months from the time the application begins processing, or 6 months from the time the application is received?

Six months from July would be January. Six months from April (my app was received March 31st) would be October. And I ain't done yet.

If it's 6 months from the time the application is received, I guess I should definitely order my notes and see if there are any other hold-ups besides not having paid the RPRF yet.

Ugh, really don't want to still be waiting around for this in January, nor do I want to move that time of year. ??? So hopefully now that my RPRF is paid and the receipts are on their way, we'll move on to the PPR request already! Woo!

York Region said:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would you share where it says that CIC is required to provide a sufficient reason to explain the delay in FC PR sponsorship cases that take 6 months or more to process?

I think it's important to remember that 80% of cases are processed within 11 months according their data for the last year. As much as that figure is dissapointing (and vague, actually), it means that 1 out of 5 cases will take more than 11 months to process. This is the reason why many Ministers of Parliament (and their aides working on immigration) are reluctant to really do anything before the 11 month mark. Having said that, CIC does have an important protocol about responding to MPs offices in one of its manuals:

Timeframe for responses to parliamentarians
The standard for reply to MP enquiries is one week (or five working days). Where a substantive
reply within one week is not possible, the MP's office should be advised within one week of receipt
of the enquiry that a reply will be provided shortly and by a specific date. Such delays should be
exceptional and short. Ideally, MPs should receive a response within two (2) working days.
Program managers are responsible for either preparing replies to MPs personally, or closely and
regularly monitoring replies sent by their office for both quality and timeliness. Note that visa
offices must reply to all MP requests.

prophet3 said:
It is CIC official policy written in their policy guide to provide sufficient reason if the processing is longer than 6 months. So I would email them and demand an explanation.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not to be too nosey, but could you share what periods of time you were in Canada for? I know you applied in February 2011 but I'm not sure if you were in country before, during, and when exactly after you filed? It would help to see what's going on......

You said you don't have kids. I take it that means there's only one applicant being sponsored in this case and it's you, right?
Calgary-Bound said:
The MP just called and said theres no record of me being here from March 2010 to March 2011.How Is that when my wife and I drove thru the boarder In October 2010.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
ddobro2 said:
Not to be too nosey, but could you share what periods of time you were in Canada for? I know you applied in February 2011 but I'm not sure if you were in country before, during, and when exactly after you filed? It would help to see what's going on......

You said you don't have kids. I take it that means there's only one applicant being sponsored in this case and it's you, right?
My wife and I drove across the border October 8 2010.I was here as a visitor until March 1 2011 of this year when I got my work visa.So I have been In Canada for the last year.I have a 17 yr old son who lives with his mother but isnt being sponsored to come here.He actualy did the medicals tho and the gcms notes said his had been approved already.When I came to Canada In October 2010 they didnt stamp my passport when my wife and I came thru.So I talked to a friend In immigration and she said to fax all my bank statements to my MP so she can send them to Buffalo showing I have been here since October 2010.My friend said they will except that as proof since It shows all my transactions for fuel and hotels thru all the states we traveled and that Ive been spending money In Canada since Ive been here.Once they have that proof she said they will request Ottawa to extend my medicals.

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Looks like it's been a depressing couple of days around here.

I was assuming because I got the letter waiving the interview and asking for the RPRF (which I paid before submitting the app!... I know I keep repeating myself on this point, but dammit, I PAID! Why are they asking for it??) I was close to finished... I'm wondering if that's still the case now! I've been *in process* for just over a month now, and I can't think of any other possible reason for the holdup. (no kids, clean background, 7 years of proof of relationship, etc.) I'll likely order the GCMS notes later today.

I can't even get our MP to contact ANYONE, since her "immigration assistant is on leave indefinitely", and they still haven't gotten anyone to replace her. Which, considering the MASSIVE immigrant population in this riding, I find absolutely ridiculous.

I wonder if it would even be worth emailing/faxing/whatever the copy of my receipt AGAIN...

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
amaranth said:

I was assuming because I got the letter waiving the interview and asking for the RPRF (which I paid before submitting the app!... I know I keep repeating myself on this point, but dammit, I PAID! Why are they asking for it??) I was close to finished... I'm wondering if that's still the case now! I've been *in process* for just over a month now, and I can't think of any other possible reason for the holdup. (no kids, clean background, 7 years of proof of relationship, etc.) I'll likely order the GCMS notes later today.

I can't even get our MP to contact ANYONE, since her "immigration assistant is on leave indefinitely", and they still haven't gotten anyone to replace her. Which, considering the MASSIVE immigrant population in this riding, I find absolutely ridiculous.

I wonder if it would even be worth emailing/faxing/whatever the copy of my receipt AGAIN...
I would suggest going to another MP's office.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What did you do before? Email or fax? If fax, I'm assuming you got the confirmation sheet and all. I think you should also mail to cover the second base. I think you ARE close to finished, they just need time to process that RPRF that they just got the receipt for, from what it sounds like you're saying.

amaranth said:

argenta

May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFF/NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
11-01-2011
Passport Req..
05-10-2011
Sorry to hear about the frustrations that have come up lately. If only there was a more direct channel of communication with CIC, I think many of these issues could be solved very quickly. But alas, this isn't the case.

Which is why I'm bringing yet another question to the forum: I've heard that there is an option for applicants already in the country to land at a CIC office, rather than leaving and crossing at the border. Since this is the case with my partner and I, just wondering if any one on the forum has done this or has info on how to do it (e.g. I've heard you need to make an appointment). Any info appreciated. Thanks, as always.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way, CIC does say that they "aim to process 80% of sponsorship and permanent residence applications submitted on behalf of the high-priority group of spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children within six months," and for "non-routine" cases they will often "flag" them in CAIPS/GCMS but it's not always "non-routine" cases that go beyond 6 months and I have yet to find anywhere where they say that they must provide a reason to the applicant for his or her processing extending past the 6 month mark.