August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Eddy070 said:
We yet to understand what has happen to buffalo this week....
We wish they can continue from where they stopped last...
This silence is not healthy but instead its causes for Depression.
Buffalo Pls get back to work as we all really do need to see an update...possibly good news this week and weeks to come.
Thats true, its been quiet for a while now, only excitement has been the e-cas goof up. My sponsor's page shows on the Sponsorship section that we received application on March 10. IN Process: - We started processing application on March 10.
but the Application section still says Application Received.

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Okay, I know I'm probably just an idiot right now, but oh well.

What's the easiest/fastest way to get CAIPS? I've read through the immipedia page & the links it gives, but I'm so frustrated and tired of everything, nothing is making sense to me anymore... :(

Help? :-[

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So the representative from our MP called us back today, and it's bad news...our file has been sitting and collecting dust at the Buffalo office since January!!! There are no notes on it at all. I feel like using a few expletives right now. Our medicals have expired, the FBI clearance expired and guess what?? He also said that Buffalo has just increased their processing times. It's just great! So I will see April and May and June applicants going through probably way before we will. I feel like crying, or kicking something...

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amaranth said:
Okay, I know I'm probably just an idiot right now, but oh well.

What's the easiest/fastest way to get CAIPS? I've read through the immipedia page & the links it gives, but I'm so frustrated and tired of everything, nothing is making sense to me anymore... :(

Help? :-[
I'll tell you how we ordered it, but don't know if you should follow our lead. It has been over a month since then and we still haven't gotten them (not that they would be helpful, if you read my previous post).
We ordered ours following exactly what it says on this website: http://immigrationguides.com/content/view/207/110/
Filled out the form and send it to the address below with a check for $5 since my husband is in the US.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I reckon it would be to fax http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf instead of mail it in and to order the notes in electronic form instead of hard copy.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ugh, $#%&ers. Sorry to hear this. What is their problem? For what it's worth, I feel a bit guilty that they did start on some of my checks, according to my GCMS notes. What's your plan about the medicals and criminal check at this point?
kayan said:
So the representative from our MP called us back today, and it's bad news...our file has been sitting and collecting dust at the Buffalo office since January!!! There are no notes on it at all. I feel like using a few expletives right now. Our medicals have expired, the FBI clearance expired and guess what?? He also said that Buffalo has just increased their processing times. It's just great! So I will see April and May and June applicants going through probably way before we will. I feel like crying, or kicking something...

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
kayan said:
Is your MP willing to work with you about why its been sitting while people behind you have gone thru already. Its people like you that I feel bad for when mine flew through the channels so quick...

If you can I would print out the spreadsheet from the buffalo thread and even mine if you'd like. I know they may claim privacy, but we all use screen names, and that is all the info that is on the spreadsheets. But it may help you and everyone else caught up in the backlog from Buffalo anyways...SOMEONE in government really needs to look into this...even if you contact Jason Kenny's office and show them the spreadsheets and ask a legit question as to why the later files are being processed over the earlier ones...as it is supposed to be a first come first serve basis is it not???

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
Ugh, $#%&ers. Sorry to hear this. What is their problem? For what it's worth, I feel a bit guilty that they did start on some of my checks, according to my GCMS notes. What's your plan about the medicals and criminal check at this point?
I am not upset at the people going through, just at the system. It is obviously broken, and I don't understand why they would not just concentrate their efforts on getting the older applications through before proceeding to the new ones.
The representative from the MP said to wait to be instructed on what do to about the medicals and the criminal check, and that's what we are planning to do since it is not exactly cheap to redo these (at least the medicals).

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stumpedmom said:
Is your MP willing to work with you about why its been sitting while people behind you have gone thru already. Its people like you that I feel bad for when mine flew through the channels so quick...

If you can I would print out the spreadsheet from the buffalo thread and even mine if you'd like. I know they may claim privacy, but we all use screen names, and that is all the info that is on the spreadsheets. But it may help you and everyone else caught up in the backlog from Buffalo anyways...SOMEONE in government really needs to look into this...even if you contact Jason Kenny's office and show them the spreadsheets and ask a legit question as to why the later files are being processed over the earlier ones...as it is supposed to be a first come first serve basis is it not???
Yes, these are possible things for us to do, granted our MP and Jason Kenny want to hear it. The rep for my MP was not very forthcoming, and when I mention to him before that I know for a fact that people who applied after us were already going through he simply said that it cannot be.

Just talked to my husband who talked to the MP rep this morning, and when he asked him the same question, he again said that it is impossible. I guess he thinks everyone here is a liar.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, I think that's the best thing to do, even though one would wish to be more proactive. You run a risk of CIC not accepting documents you acquired if it was not in response to their directions, or just wasting your money if they end up never asking for redo's.

One hypothesis I'm entertaining is perhaps they have quotas to meet each month (and remember they are responsible for TRVs and FSW class applications too), and they "sacrificed" older FC apps for these purposes.

kayan said:
I am not upset at the people going through, just at the system. It is obviously broken, and I don't understand why they would not just concentrate their efforts on getting the older applications through before proceeding to the new ones.
The representative from the MP said to wait to be instructed on what do to about the medicals and the criminal check, and that's what we are planning to do since it is not exactly cheap to redo these (at least the medicals).

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
One hypothesis I'm entertaining is perhaps they have quotas to meet each month (and remember they are responsible for TRVs and FSW class applications too), and they "sacrificed" older FC apps for these purposes.
That's what I thought back in the spring and early summer. I thought that since they could not work on the older applications because of whatever trouble they had with the system change, they worked on the ones they could. Ok, I get it, they did not want to sit idle. But since Dec applicants started going through, I assumed they fixed whatever problems they had with the system. So why not put the new applications on hold, and get back to the old ones. The worst part is that they can sit on our file as long as the wish, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I don't even know when they are planning to start working on our application.
I talked to my husband and he wants to email Jason Kenny tonight. I doubt Jason Kenny is going to bother himself much about all this. Worth a try, though.

argenta

May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFF/NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
11-01-2011
Passport Req..
05-10-2011
So sorry to hear this Kayan.

We applied in Nov 2010 and were transferred to BUFF in Jan 2011. Having heard nothing, we ordered CAIPS notes this May and were disappointed to see that our file had not been touched for 5 mths. Since then, the only thing we've heard is that it's been transferred to NYC...but nothing else. Our story probably won't make you feel better, but hopefully it let's you know that you're not the only one from 2010 that somehow got left behind.

kayan said:

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Stumpedmom said:
I got charged and excise fee for the air conditioning. As long as you own the vehicle outright then you don't have to worry about paying duty or taxes
So how do they determine how much you have to pay In taxes?I owe $15,000 on my truck still so I have a feeling Im going to get hit hard.

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
argenta said:
So sorry to hear this Kayan.

We applied in Nov 2010 and were transferred to BUFF in Jan 2011. Having heard nothing, we ordered CAIPS notes this May and were disappointed to see that our file had not been touched for 5 mths. Since then, the only thing we've heard is that it's been transferred to NYC...but nothing else. Our story probably won't make you feel better, but hopefully it let's you know that you're not the only one from 2010 that somehow got left behind.
Thank you, argenta. I realize from this forum that there are other people from Dec and Jan who are still waiting to hear something. There is some comfort in knowing we are not the only ones, and also in knowing that our application is not being help up because there are some issues with it (although...that still might happen once they start processing it).

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Hang In there Kayan.I never heard anything until I got an ecas update of In process.So you never know It could happen anytime and hopefully It happens soon for everyone.