+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

dhdesigns

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are impatiently waiting for the PPR. So far in the process, we have not used emailed for anything, so I'm assuming the correspondence will come via post.
Would it be worthwhile sending an email to Buffalo stating that we would like email communication from now on, hopefully eliminating the wait time for the mail? If so, what email address would one use?

Thanks!

mrsprogram

Star Member
Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2010
AOR Received.
02-06-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-08-2010
We used this email address, (buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca).

abentkov

Aug 4, 2010
Can Polish citizen with Visitors status in Canada apply through Buffalo or application has to go through country of residence?

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
Nej said:
I had moved while my app was in process as well. I emailed Buffalo with the address change. The only reply I got was the automated one that said that they recieved the email. I didn't recieve anything else until they were ready to issue the visa. Once you email them, they should correspond with you via email with any updates.
thanks - so hopefully an email will work. I will probably do as many as I can, just to insure that the address is corrected, since both the sponsor (me) and the applicant (my partner) will be moving. I'm thinking, that if I have the AOR and the barcodes, I'll send a letter with those, and I'll also email and try to change it on e-CAS, if I can log in.

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
minna said:
thanks - so hopefully an email will work. I will probably do as many as I can, just to insure that the address is corrected, since both the sponsor (me) and the applicant (my partner) will be moving. I'm thinking, that if I have the AOR and the barcodes, I'll send a letter with those, and I'll also email and try to change it on e-CAS, if I can log in.

once your application is in Buffalo, you can't use e-CAS to change your address since the different offices do not talk to each other! If you move before you get your files transfer then e-CAS is ok :)

can_80_n

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Quebec, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2010
minna said:
so how do you change the address, if you're processing in Buffalo?? Wait until you get the B-filenumber and send them a letter with the barcode thingy attached??

Although, maybe if they don't guarantee to update e-CAS, that explains why people going through B'lo have such trouble logging in and/or seeing updates, but does not mean that B'lo is that slow....maybe they are processing just not updating.
To change the address we used the B# with the sticker thingy stuck to the form provided (there was a form inside the letter from Buffalo for change of address purposes). They state that they do not acknowledge receipt for any address changes so we just mailed it in and will have to trust that they have updated our address. It seems that after receiving the AOR, Buffalo contacts the applicant via email so I'm not too worried. Today my husband got an email from them stating that they have transferred is file to Los Angeles to "expedite the process". I hope this means we get a decision made soon!

dhdesigns

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrsprogram said:
We used this email address, (buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca).
Thanks! We filed almost a month to the day after you so are hoping for the request soon as the interview was already waived.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
abentkov said:
Can Polish citizen with Visitors status in Canada apply through Buffalo or application has to go through country of residence?
From the Buffalo website...
"You may submit your application for permanent residence to the Regional Program Centre in Buffalo if you have been lawfully admitted to Canada or the United States for a period of at least one year."

I believe that means one full year, not 6 months with extensions to make a full year.

S

SaugaBoss

i just received a letter from buffalo!!! They give you these barcode stickers for your passport and also a change ofaddress form and say not to change it on E-cas. so just wait until buffalo contacts you and since your moving in october youll be fine and hopefully get the form before octobeR!!

Also everyone it says to state any changes like births.... for all the people who are expecting

S

SaugaBoss

by the way everyone what do they mean by medical instructions... Do we have to do something with our medicals? Is there a way Ican do something now to speedy up the process? I mean i got my medical done... How do i know if they mailed it to Buffalo can Icontact anyone?? :eek:

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
dhdesigns said:
Thanks! We filed almost a month to the day after you so are hoping for the request soon as the interview was already waived.
Hope you will hear from them soon, like you know i have heard nothing and i am a day after you. So any good news coming your way will give me hope things are about to be near done on my side :)

spouse

Nov 13, 2009
hello,

we're scheduled to be interviewed in BUFF on nov 2, while my husbands work permit expires on nov 26... timeline is a bit tight, would it help if i write the immigration to give us a bit more time by having the interview at a closer date than nov 2?

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
spouse said:
hello,

we're scheduled to be interviewed in BUFF on nov 2, while my husbands work permit expires on nov 26... timeline is a bit tight, would it help if i write the immigration to give us a bit more time by having the interview at a closer date than nov 2?
you could try, but I don't think they're going to change it for you. If they scheduled it that far in advance they must be pretty swamped and its all first come first serve, so the people that have interviews before you applied before you did.

But look at it this way, you're in Buffalo which is where they give the visas. Its not unheard of to walk out of there the same day with your visa in your passport...and that's plenty of time before the work visa is up!

spouse

Nov 13, 2009
Sometimes, i dont think they realized that WP is almost up when they scheduled the interview... We are one of the few who had to wait 10 long months for the interview. When we sent our application, the medical and police clearance were already icluded... almost everything...

i emailed them for a change of adress... we havent received anything on the mail yet but i saw on ECAS that interview is scheduled nov 2... should i be receiving email from them about the interview or will they be mailing the info?

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
i received something from the poste ( canada poste today ) tellin me that i have to go to the pose office o pick up some letter

i dont know if somone here received the pp request directly in the mail or go to pick it up from the post office

if you are already in canada and waitin for the pp request from buffalo

thanx

( i m goin tommorow anyways to see what s on this letter and if t is exactly from buffalo visa office