+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

K

kalew2010

Does anyone know how long between the PPR and visa issue if you submit your passport right away?

Also, is there a "normal" timeline from the AOR to passport request and/or contact (if additional paperwork is needed)?

Thanks for all the advice and guidance here folks! We are so grateful :D

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
I don't think there's a 'normal' timeline from AOR to PPR - i mean, that's the meat of the process - the background checks etc, and everyone is going to be different.

From what I understand, if mailing the PPR, you can expect a week or two in each direction. I would guess that could be cut down if you overnight your passport and include a fed-ex envelope to have it couriered back to you, but maybe not?

S

SaugaBoss

Nej said:
I've offically landed. Everything went very smoothly meeting with the IO. I went through the Edmonton airport en route to Ft St John, BC. The IO asked why I was there and I showed her the papers I got from Buffalo, then she sent me to a room where another IO pulled up a file on the computer and asked me to sign the paper in 3 places, stamped a page in my passport and told me the PR card will be in the mail in a month and good luck on my new life in Canada. :) My timeline only took 4 months.

I picked up my visa in Buffalo. Some advice to those that are going: get in line at the consulate before 7:30. The paper I was sent said they start at 8 but when i got there at 7:30am there was already quite a few people there and the people said they started processing at 7:30. I would suggest going in at 7. I got through at around 8:30 then waited an hour to get the visa.
congrats :) ;D

S

SaugaBoss

Permanent Residence
We started processing your application on July 30, 2010.

I finally got an update!!!! They started on it.

Which is funny because Buffalo told me last week they working on applications mailed on june 4 but seems like they started mine according to Ecas! :D

K

kalew2010

OoooooooOOOOOOOOOO ;D thats great news SaugaBoss! thanks for the update and congrats! this just made my day!

S

SaugaBoss

kalew2010 said:
OoooooooOOOOOOOOOO ;D thats great news SaugaBoss! thanks for the update and congrats! this just made my day!
thanks ;D

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
Hey everyone,

My husband's sponsorship has been approved on July 27 and it has been sent to Buffalo office (according to the guy on the phone)...but I have one question...when I should send my FBI certificate that wasn't included in my PR application? We have a sponsor's client ID but not mine (applicant).

Should I wait til I get my own Client ID# or is it okay for me to send it in with the sponsor's Client ID#?

One more question..how long will it take from CIC-M to Buffalo? I don't mean the approval of PR but to get registered on E-cas (as in process) at least.

Thanks~~

jmni1

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
USA
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
31-01-2011
Passport Req..
31-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
01-02-2011
michaelab said:
Hey everyone,

My husband's sponsorship has been approved on July 27 and it has been sent to Buffalo office (according to the guy on the phone)...but I have one question...when I should send my FBI certificate that wasn't included in my PR application? We have a sponsor's client ID but not mine (applicant).

Should I wait til I get my own Client ID# or is it okay for me to send it in with the sponsor's Client ID#?

One more question..how long will it take from CIC-M to Buffalo? I don't mean the approval of PR but to get registered on E-cas (as in process) at least.

Thanks~~
I would waite until Buffalo requests the FBI you want to make sure it does not get lost. I ended of faxing mine to cpc-M when they called me and requested it. (I had previously called them and told them I had finally recieved my FBI and they sd they would call me when they were working on my file). Also for what I have read on the forum recently it has been taking aroun 2 months for Buffalo to send the AOR. Hopefully it will get faster, they have already had mine for over 5 weeks with no response from them yet. good luck

OnTheMove

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2010
AOR Received.
June 7, 2010
File Transfer...
July 20, 2010
Med's Done....
March 18, 2010
Passport Req..
received Sept 13th
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 28
LANDED..........
Oct 31
michaelab said:
Hey everyone,

Thanks~~

I didn't include the police certificate with my application either. I emailed Buffalo once the sponsorship was approved and they advised me to wait until I get a File # to mail in the PC. When I received the AOR, along came half a page of stickers with the File # and the bar code of each of them. I put one of those stickers on the envelope in which I mailed the PC. I also put a sticky note on the certificate and on top of the sticky I put the File # sticker....:) I wanted to make sure it doesn't get lost!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
SaugaBoss said:
Permanent Residence

I finally got an update!!!! They started on it.

Which is funny because Buffalo told me last week they working on applications mailed on june 4 but seems like they started mine according to Ecas! :D
OOH! I got no update today.. but it can't be far off then! I got my update on Thursday last time so maybe I will hear something later this week :D

S

SaugaBoss

lol so harassing the Buffalo office maybe helped me! What i find interesting is that i registered with this one website and the following weeks i got an update right away. i got this exact email this morning:

This means that either:
1. Your e-CAS just got activated for the first time, or
2. You just joined the monitoring system (welcome!), or
3. A new part of your application is showing up, e.g. the PR application
as opposed to the sponsorship part.

S

SaugaBoss

SaugaBoss said:
lol so harassing the Buffalo office maybe helped me! What i find interesting is that i registered with this one website and the following weeks i got an update right away. i got this exact email this morning:

This means that either:
1. Your e-CAS just got activated for the first time, or
2. You just joined the monitoring system (welcome!), or
3. A new part of your application is showing up, e.g. the PR application
as opposed to the sponsorship part.
this was from This is the e-CAS Tracker system at https://ecas.carroll.org.uk

mrsprogram

Star Member
Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2010
AOR Received.
02-06-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-08-2010
Nej said:
I've offically landed. Everything went very smoothly meeting with the IO. I went through the Edmonton airport en route to Ft St John, BC. The IO asked why I was there and I showed her the papers I got from Buffalo, then she sent me to a room where another IO pulled up a file on the computer and asked me to sign the paper in 3 places, stamped a page in my passport and told me the PR card will be in the mail in a month and good luck on my new life in Canada. :) My timeline only took 4 months.

I picked up my visa in Buffalo. Some advice to those that are going: get in line at the consulate before 7:30. The paper I was sent said they start at 8 but when i got there at 7:30am there was already quite a few people there and the people said they started processing at 7:30. I would suggest going in at 7. I got through at around 8:30 then waited an hour to get the visa.
Congrats Nej!! :)

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
The ecas tracker is great.. I never even log into ecas myself, I just wait for the email :)

S

SaugaBoss

sbwv09 said:
The ecas tracker is great.. I never even log into ecas myself, I just wait for the email :)
so that had nothing to do with it right... Im still surprised i got an update when it was mailed out later than other peoples'