waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
kalew2010 said:
FYI: Started a FB group: "US immigration to Canada". Please join. I'm so grateful for all the help here that I thought I'd open it up to others and we can always redirect here and share other stories!!

Which one is it? Can you put the link on here?

K

kalew2010

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=140240792662929&v=app_2373072738#!/group.php?gid=140240792662929&ref=ts

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Thank you! I just had trouble finding it without the link. :) Joined!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Another Tuesday and still no 'in process'.. boo!

Anyone else have good news??

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
I think Buffalo must be swamped - when we went for my partner's medicals, the dr (one of three in our state) said they had been crazy busy with immigration applications, that it was hard for the dr's regular patients to get in to see him sometimes.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
They deal with a lot of student visa stuff too.. so maybe they'll pick up the pace again in September or so? Hopefully?!?!?

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
I'm still waiting for CPC-M, but I sure hope so!!! I'd love to have my partner's PR settled before our baby is born (not asking for special treatment though!!! ;))

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
kalew2010 said:
grrrrrr, i say we send emails to our MPs! not to fuel the fire but it's so frustrating that i found out recently that people on work visas from other countries can bring their spouses on OPEN WORK VISAS!!!! grrrrrrrr again. i'm serious about the emails though....even if it won't affect my spouse's application i think it's something that seriously must be considered in parliament. at least a temp work visa for our spouses?? something reasonable and within the "processing times" grrrrrrr.
anyone else have the same feelings as i do? if so PM me.......let's start a petition. SERIOUSLY.
Unfortunately, I don't think that will do a bit of good. The reason I know this is because my husband's family has connections with Canadian senators who were going to try to help us. The senator said she had done this sort of thing in the past... but we received word from her last night that, due to the recent immigration policy changes, there is not anything she can do. So if a Canadian senator can't help, I doubt an outland political official would be able to.

:(

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
I don't know how true this is, but it doesn't seem so far fetched. My husband heard that the Canadian government has agreements with certain countries that have more booming economies to fast track their visa offices in exchange for better economic relations. The US.. well, we don't have much to offer lately.

These countries have visa offices that approve in around 2 months, as opposed to waiting 2 months just to get AOR out of Buffalo! I know that sounds really conspiracy theory-ish but just thought I'd pass along what he heard :p

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
i m agree with ya sbwv09 i think may be things will be movin back startin from september !! and that s what i v heard from a friend of me !!! anyways jst want to dhare that with you

as i always finish my post ( TIRED OF WAITIN lol )
will be the 10th month of watin for the passport request CAQ received, all fees payed no missed documents

they still doing my background check i think or maybe cos poeple in the office are enjoyin summer , same as us lol lol

goooooooooooood luck to everubyddy here

abcone

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I got complete package return from CPC Mississauga dated July 16, 2010 with following reasoning
• To complete IMM1344A # 6 b and c of the ‘application to sponsor and undertaking’.
• As we completely forgot to check box earlier.

My wife she is in USA for about 7month. She is a graduate student in USA.

Now I will have to check box # 6 b and c and 7 of the application to sponsor and undertaking. In that case me wife PR application will be forwarded to New Delhi, India for further processing of her PR not a Buffalo, NY office.

“Effective May 1, 2003 Applications for PR must be processed by the visa office responsible for the applicant's country of nationality, OR the country where the applicant has been lawfully admitted for at least one year, OR in the case of applicant who is stateless, the country of habitual residence”

6 a) Address where the person you are sponsoring lives: My wife address of USA.
b) If you are sponsoring a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class, don
not complete b) and c); proceed to 7 immediately,

We are checking [NO] now>the application will be processed at the visa office responsible for the country of which the person you are sponsoring is a national. Proceed to 7.

c) Do you wish to have the application for permanent residence of the person you are sponsoring processed at the visa office responsible for this country?

We are checking [No] now > the application will be processed at the visa office responsible for the country of which the person you are sponsoring is a national.

7. Mailing address, if different from address in 6. a).
Not Applicable.

On response letter from CPC Mississauga, it also mention “If option b and c applies to your relative, you relative should be prepared to provide proof of their legal residence to the visa office otherwise processing delay may occur”
I am providing my wife legal English translated copy of back home Citizenship card; hope this take cares of above coded section. Folks any suggestion for alternative document to back this section like copy of birth certificate or copy passport.
QUESTION>>> Are we missing anything on above 6 a, b, c and 7?

QUESTION >>>folks does anyone in thread knows, CPC Mississauga take again 30-42 days again to get sponsorship approval response?

Note that CPC Mississauga has attached Client #, PA ID no., Receipts no. (Application to sponsor and undertaking)

• my wife did medical on June 18, 2010. By now medical result must have reached to Buffalo, NY office (we selected Buffalo, NY processing center).

QUESTION>>>Can we ask Buffalo, NY office to transfer medical result to New Delhi, India now and what should we write to Buffalo, NY office?

Any response on above is greatly appreciated.

Good luck to all and keep updating this thread.

Thanks!

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
abcone said:
I got complete package return from CPC Mississauga dated July 16, 2010 with following reasoning
• To complete IMM1344A # 6 b and c of the ‘application to sponsor and undertaking'.
• As we completely forgot to check box earlier.

My wife she is in USA for about 7month. She is a graduate student in USA.
I am having difficulty understanding your post.

If you want it processed in the U.S., you need to send proof that she has been admitted to the U.S. for at least one year.
If you want it processed in India, you need to send proof that India is her country of nationality. I expect that the main page of the passport would be best for this.

I think it will still take the usual amount of time to be processed by Mississauga.

I don't think that the medical goes to Buffalo until Buffalo requests it, and your application never even went to Buffalo yet, so I don't think you have to worry about the medical.

S

SaugaBoss

I emailed Buffalo for an update this is what they said....

To date your application has not been created in Buffalo. You will
> receive a letter of acknowledgement once your file has been created.
>
> Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
>
> Immigration Section
>
> buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
At least I know it will do no good to contact them yet! Thanks saugaboss

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SaugaBoss said:
I emailed Buffalo for an update this is what they said....

To date your application has not been created in Buffalo. You will
> receive a letter of acknowledgement once your file has been created.
>
> Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
>
> Immigration Section
>
> buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
Don't worry too much about this. I got this also while my file was in between Mississagua and Buffalo. It just means that the app is probably at the Buffalo office but they haven't started processing it so they don't have anything on file for you yet. It took around 6 weeks after the file was transfered for them to start processing in Buffalo.