17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
adetia9 said:
Are there any of us from the early part of the year still waiting? While I'm so happy for people getting good news, its bittersweet at best watching people who went in long after us get through seemingly with no bumps along the way. I wish there was something I could do at this point to expedite matters, but all of our paperwork is in, and we're now only a few weeks from our medicals expiring. Buffalo's only email response back has indicated they do not as a matter of procedure, verify the receipt of documents. Anyone have advice on anything we can do other then wait impatiently? ;)
i am still waiting and my wife medical expire in less than 2 weeks. I got answers through my MP and i highly suggest you do the same. Buffalo may not care but they will give information to your MP or someone that work for him/her and they will transmit it to you.

If i would not have contacted my MP i would have never known that Buffalo lost or never receive TWICE the CSQ from immigration Quebec and i could have waited for months and Buffalo would have still answer my mail that our case was in process even if i asked if somethign was missing. That's how bad it is so yes friendly advice contact your MP next week or as soon as possible by phone or email. I used email and i got contacted 2 days later by phone. So it's worth the time and results are fast.

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
SaugaBoss said:
kerianne i would definitely contact ur MP if i were u, u applied before me!
Yeah I'm going to contact my MP on Monday and hopefully get this ball on the roll.

adetia9- I would recommend the same. I'm still waiting. I applied in late April and have heard nothing since I went in process in August. Stay strong my friends, we'll get some news soon *hopefully* ::)

frenchie123

Aug 11, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/L.A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
fafi said:
I'm trying to pay my RPRF fees and I'm a bit confused. Buffalo's website says "Please note: All fees for Family Class applicants must be submitted to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario using an official fee receipt (IMM5401)." So do I pay the fees to there or do I do a money order to the Consulate General of Canada like it suggests elsewhere and send that to Buffalo? I just want to get this done alreaaaady.

And I know the results only go to the CIC, but I've read in this thread that people have had to fax Ottawa and ask them to send results to Buffalo, and was wondering if I should do that.

You pay them at the bank with their official receipt or online.

frenchie123

Aug 11, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/L.A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
Dralon said:
received news from my MP and the answer is quite distressing for me and makes be really angry

Immigration never sent the fact that my wife was accepted for CSQ so yes in a way they are only waiting for that............. the problem was she got accepted June 7th

For all that goes through Quebec i highly suggest you make follow up on them they do not seem to be trust worthy

Yeah i heard about that, i faxed my own copy of CSQ to my L.A office

frenchie123

Aug 11, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/L.A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
Dralon said:
well he had called my mother (home number) i called him tonight at his request now he is more vague it's maybe to start or to finish.. oh well no matter what it still stink

can someone tell me if Buffalo start a case even without the CSQ or they start only when they get the CSQ?

They only start processing whenever they receive the CSQ.
Thats why my L.A office told me to fax them a copy orelse it can take forever before they receive it :(

Sorry :(

frenchie123

Aug 11, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/L.A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
By the way, i was transferred from Buffalo to L.A

S

SaugaBoss

frenchie123 said:
They only start processing whenever they receive the CSQ.
Thats why my L.A office told me to fax them a copy orelse it can take forever before they receive it :(

Sorry :(
Dralon i would complain to Buffalo office!! plus even if they start now they're progress on new applications is much better than our old ones. also talk to ur MP and complain.

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
I am not to worry too much. Let just say my mother knows the person from my MP office that is working n my case, which is an advantage if you ask. And now that he knows that something wrong happened at Buffalo he will not let it go. About the rest i will see i still have the copy of the email that i sent to buffalo asking if they were missing anything (csq was mentionned) so again to my advantage... But again knowing the person he will give them heck if they make me wait too much. But i prepared myself to pay a fortune for a stupid medical sigh oh well

News will come either monday or tuesday from my MP office.

frenchie123

Aug 11, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/L.A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
Where are you at right now? in Quebec or the u.s?
I got my medical done in montreal for 185$

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone help me with this...I'm almost sure my husband will be in Canada when he receives his passport request. He travels back and forth and stays for longer periods. When is receives his PPR can he mail his passport from Canada to the US? Will they return it to Canada or does he have to be in the US to complete this process. HELP! Thanks.

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
Lila said:
Can anyone help me with this...I'm almost sure my husband will be in Canada when he receives his passport request. He travels back and forth and stays for longer periods. When is receives his PPR can he mail his passport from Canada to the US? Will they return it to Canada or does he have to be in the US to complete this process. HELP! Thanks.
Yes, you can do it and you can land in Canada by making an appointment at any CIC office. Just make sure you file the change of address with CIC so they know where to return his passport.

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MexiCana said:
Yes, you can do it and you can land in Canada by making an appointment at any CIC office. Just make sure you file the change of address with CIC so they know where to return his passport.
Thanks MexiCana! What a relief to know he doesn't have to cross the border again the third time again in a month and a half! It wouldn't pose a problem to change his address at this point or hold anything up, would it?

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lila said:
Thanks MexiCana! What a relief to know he doesn't have to cross the border again the third time in a month and a half! It wouldn't pose a problem to change his address at this point or hold anything up, would it?

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
Hello everyone. Just a note to say that we are still here and waiting.

We received a request for an additional document October 12 (in a letter dated October 5). I will skip the details as I already posted about it in the Mexico thread, but basically we sent the federal police clearance for people currently in Mexico and they wanted the one for people living outside of Mexico.

So but for our mistake, we would probably be landed by now. :'(

The one good thing was that they stated that they believe they will be able to determine our application without an interview.

Good luck to all, but in particular I am sending good vibes to you Dralon, as I think you have been here longer than any of us.

(Hi Lila, regarding your last post, I am not sure as we have not had to change ours. Hopefully someone else here knows. Good luck!)

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree. Yes Dralon, we're all rooting for ya. So sorry to read about your situatiion. I hope something gives and you don't have to redo the medical :(