App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
well he had called my mother (home number) i called him tonight at his request now he is more vague it's maybe to start or to finish.. oh well no matter what it still stink

can someone tell me if Buffalo start a case even without the CSQ or they start only when they get the CSQ?

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Wow congrats all around!

Dralon good luck! Maybe you're finally gonna be near the end?! Let's hope. I'm beginning to think it will be a good idea to contact my MP and see what my hold up is. I'm only 4 months away from my medical 'expiring'. And I really don't want to pay for that bs again.

And good luck to you as well Sauga!

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
kerianne said:
Wow congrats all around!

Dralon good luck! Maybe you're finally gonna be near the end?! Let's hope. I'm beginning to think it will be a good idea to contact my MP and see what my hold up is. I'm only 4 months away from my medical 'expiring'. And I really don't want to pay for that bs again.

exactly for the medical, however for us it is going to be extremely border line

S

SaugaBoss

kerianne said:
Wow congrats all around!

kerianne i would definitely contact ur MP if i were u, u applied before me!

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
Congrats to all the PPR's!! Yey!

Screwy process!
I mailed my passport 11/5 - Express. They left notice 11/6 at the Consulate.
I emailed asking - do I have to resend it? do you request it? do you pick it up?
I check the status to see before calling USPS to redeliver on 11/9 am -it says - My passport was accepted at the Consulate 11/8 at noon.
At 11am on 11/9 Buffalo replied to me, saying they had not yet received my passport and they would not be asking USPS for redelivery or picking it up.

They say 25 hours after it's been accepted, that it hasn't and that they won't request it, but somehow it made it there.

Blech.

AND, I just got an email from them, moments ago - on Wednesday- I thought they were closed.!?!

Joe_Gizmo

Nov 10, 2010
Hi All......I am new to this forum, so please bear with me as I learn the rules. I applied outland thru Buffalo and here is where we are. Let me start by saying my wife (sponsor) and I decided to use a lawyer as our representative. We submitted all the paperwork (forms all completed and supporting documentation) and signed at the end of May. I had also completed my medical and provide that documentation to him. He submitted the entire package to Mississauga in early June. My wife was approved as Sponsor in July. And package was sent to Buffalo. About one month ago he contacted us to pay the landing fee. Since then we have heard nothing.
Our assumption is that we are very close. I have seen that people are asked to mail their passport to Buffalo. Is that common? I feel very reluctant to mail my passport anywhere. I live an hour from Buffalo. Can't I just go to the consulate and present my passport? How will I be contacted when they are ready to receive my passport? Will it be by email? letter to my local address? to our lawyer.
I have many questions as to next steps and the lawyer is kind of non-specific...."well, they could do this or they could do that...."
Any help as to next steps I can anticipate is very appreciated. If I have not been clear enough please let me know of any further info that would help.

Thanks....

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
Joe_Gizmo said:
Hi All......I am new to this forum, so please bear with me as I learn the rules. I applied outland thru Buffalo and here is where we are. Let me start by saying my wife (sponsor) and I decided to use a lawyer as our representative. We submitted all the paperwork (forms all completed and supporting documentation) and signed at the end of May. I had also completed my medical and provide that documentation to him. He submitted the entire package to Mississauga in early June. My wife was approved as Sponsor in July. And package was sent to Buffalo. About one month ago he contacted us to pay the landing fee. Since then we have heard nothing.
Our assumption is that we are very close. I have seen that people are asked to mail their passport to Buffalo. Is that common? I feel very reluctant to mail my passport anywhere. I live an hour from Buffalo. Can't I just go to the consulate and present my passport? How will I be contacted when they are ready to receive my passport? Will it be by email? letter to my local address? to our lawyer.
I have many questions as to next steps and the lawyer is kind of non-specific...."well, they could do this or they could do that...."
Any help as to next steps I can anticipate is very appreciated. If I have not been clear enough please let me know of any further info that would help.

Thanks....
Welcome!

You can goto the consulate to do your passport in person. In my case, I live at least 14 hours from Buffalo and just was not an option. I did insure my package in case it gets lost - to replace my passport with the express delivery. It was like 75 cent, so I felt more comfortable.

As to going in person (only Tuesday or Thursday between 8 and 11am, and from experiences posted, the earlier you arrive the better)
Yyou can find information on that here -
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/submit_soumettre.aspx

ETA: the way you are contacted seems to vary - I think on the person processing and if you included an email address in your application - I've seen people however who have included an email who were notified by mail. But usually, in general I think if you provided an email address, you are emailed when they are ready. Otherwise, via mail.

Joe_Gizmo

Nov 10, 2010
Many thanks for your response. So I guess my next question is regarding a timeline. Considering that the application was submitted in late June / early July after Sponsor approval in June.....shouldn't we be hearing something soon? Just wondering about the experience of others in the same timeframe. The Medical has been completed, the FBI check completed. All fees paid. No indication of any issues with the information in the application. Just wondering. Many thanks again for your response.

the-fanatics

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2010
can_usa_97 said:
Congrats to all the PPR's!! Yey!

Screwy process!
I mailed my passport 11/5 - Express. They left notice 11/6 at the Consulate.
I emailed asking - do I have to resend it? do you request it? do you pick it up?
I check the status to see before calling USPS to redeliver on 11/9 am -it says - My passport was accepted at the Consulate 11/8 at noon.
At 11am on 11/9 Buffalo replied to me, saying they had not yet received my passport and they would not be asking USPS for redelivery or picking it up.

They say 25 hours after it's been accepted, that it hasn't and that they won't request it, but somehow it made it there.

Blech.

AND, I just got an email from them, moments ago - on Wednesday- I thought they were closed.!?!
Can_Usa - When they said they are closed on Wednesdays that could mean "not open to public" on wednesdays since we have also gotten emails from B'lo on a wednesday. Don't worry too much about a Saturday delivery problem. It has happened to us before when USPS delivered our mail to B'lo on a Saturday (left a notice) and the delivery status was changed to accepted on the Monday after. There must be a system between USPS and B'lo where all the saturday mail will be picked up/delivered (whatever way it is) to B'lo on the next monday.

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
new development... Quebec sent them twice the csq may 12 and june 1st due to correction with mistakes they made. They will resend today...

i recontacted my mp office telling the person following my case what i was told. He sent them a letter requesting a follow up for in 3 open days

sometimes you wonder where all the money you spend for immigration goes

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Dralon said:
new development... Quebec sent them twice the csq may 12 and june 1st due to correction with mistakes they made. They will resend today...

i recontacted my mp office telling the person following my case what i was told. He sent them a letter requesting a follow up for in 3 open days

I believe that Buffalo is so disorganized that they operate with borderline competency.

Add your TWO lost CSQ's to the FBI fingerprint certificate of ours that they lost. And other peoples FBI certs that have been lost.

I think that they just dont have a clue how to handle incoming documents. They probably need more people working there.

It is really a shame.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Dralon I can't beleive they messed up and couldn't even give you any information up to this point. Well at least you know this was the hold up and that you'll be done soon! All positive thoughts from now on :) Hopefully they approve as soon as they get the CSQ, doubtful but you never know Dralon. Get excited!

mrsprogram

Star Member
Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2010
AOR Received.
02-06-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-08-2010
Dralon said:

Wow, that's ridiculous.

I hope it's cleared up quickly and you finally get your PPR!!!!

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
yes i kind of need it soon the medical was done november 23, 2009 so make the math and you realize less than 2 week :S

my wife will have to redo her medical i am sure unless my mp office can work something out which i will try with them