+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for October 2010 Applicants

M

mrandmrsromero

Anything new, October group?

I'm still hoping to see that PPR email this month ::)

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hey all!

Here is my update, however they have Sep 30 as receiving date, the one I stated earlier was based on Canada Post track & trace info...

We received your application for permanent residence on September 30, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 18, 2010.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you a letter on July 22, 2011 to xxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

vt

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/10/2010
Doc's Request.
June 24 2011
File Transfer...
23/11/2010 arrived at VO - 22/07/2011 In Process
Med's Done....
02/11/2010
Passport Req..
Aug 26 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 06 2011
CONGRATS Latvian!!!! I am sure everything is fine and it will be PPR!!!

I also have updates. As I told you all in the past, about a month ago they requested more documents which we have already sent them however there is one pending but we will soon be getting that one. We just got another email from the embassy stating that they had received everything and we are in process for final reviewing.

I am just grateful that we are communicating with the embassy but I know the feeling when you have no idea what is going on with your case. I wish those who are still waiting to keep the faith! :)

I also got an ecas update. For the first time i got an IN PROCESS since July 22,2011

This coming month will be good for all!!!

VT

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Very nice to see some movement in this thread. Latvian: It looks like you got first and second stage approval together? That'd be awesome if so :).

Not much to report on my end. My passport (with PR visa and COPR) was supposed to be returned to me today, but... well, Canada Post, y'know. Apparently the shipment it was on arrived in St. John's two hours too late this morning, so it wasn't put on the delivery trucks for today. So now it's sitting at a delivery facility somewhere in town, and I have to wait and hope that it gets sent out for delivery tomorrow.

Hopefully others will hear some good news soon.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
It will be there tomorrow dear, you know that. Oh so exciting and I can't wait for you to get it and get landed already. We have celebrating to do.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Love_Young said:
It will be there tomorrow dear, you know that.
Oh I know it'll be here tomorrow, barring some other unforeseen problem. It's just that we won't know for SURE what my PR visa expiry date is until we have it. So if they didn't extend my medical results' validity, and we get it tomorrow instead of today, we will only have 2 days (if that) to book the return ferry trip to St. Pierre and all of that. So, once again, it's finding ways to kill my nerves. It'll probably work out fine, but now I have another 24 hours of knots-in-stomach to worry about it :p.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Rinnerz said:
Oh I know it'll be here tomorrow, barring some other unforeseen problem. It's just that we won't know for SURE what my PR visa expiry date is until we have it. So if they didn't extend my medical results' validity, and we get it tomorrow instead of today, we will only have 2 days (if that) to book the return ferry trip to St. Pierre and all of that. So, once again, it's finding ways to kill my nerves. It'll probably work out fine, but now I have another 24 hours of knots-in-stomach to worry about it :p.
Pfft.. girl you have this under control and you know it. Lol. Come on, you know CIC couldn't go without letting you worry for another little bit now could they? ;) And I know you are like me and won't believe it when people say but I will anyway, EVERYTHING IS GOING TO WORK OUT WELL!! I will be waiting for the "I told ya so moment". :p

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Baloo said:
That will go away, to be replaced with a big grin once you land :)
And quite possibly some tears, after all the years of us trying to get to this point. I can't really even wrap my head around it right now.

Update:

Got my passport back with my PR visa and COPR today! :)

A few interesting things:

• The visa's "date of issue" is July 7, 2011 -- one day before my PPR. I'd always assumed it would be the actual date that they attached the visa to my passport, but I guess not.
  • My medicals were due to expire August 1, 2011. But my PR visa is valid until July 7, 2012. We were hoping they'd extend it, but by almost a year? Even my consultant thought it would only be 3-6 months.
  • They attached 1 of the 2 requested photos to my COPR. They returned the other one. Anyone had this happen before? I always assumed they'd keep the photos.
  • My "place of birth" is just listed as "Fort Worth" instead of "Fort Worth, Texas" (i.e. the state isn't listed anywhere). I assume this was due to space constraints, but I'll make sure to bring it up with an officer during my landing anyway.

So there you go. All my info is accurate on it; finally Buffalo got everything right. I know I won't be fully relaxed until I am officially landed, but going over everything and NOT finding something wrong was a huge relief.

Since I'm in Newfoundland currently anyway, we plan to go on a short trip to St. Pierre & Miquelon, and I'll land when we get back. We're not sure of the exact date yet, because a bunch of the in-laws are all excited and want to go on the trip with us. Hopefully it'll be next week, but I'll keep you all posted when we know for sure :).

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rinnerz said:
Since I'm in Newfoundland currently anyway, we plan to go on a short trip to St. Pierre & Miquelon, and I'll land when we get back. We're not sure of the exact date yet, because a bunch of the in-laws are all excited and want to go on the trip with us. Hopefully it'll be next week, but I'll keep you all posted when we know for sure :).
Have a great landing trip :)

vt

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/10/2010
Doc's Request.
June 24 2011
File Transfer...
23/11/2010 arrived at VO - 22/07/2011 In Process
Med's Done....
02/11/2010
Passport Req..
Aug 26 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 06 2011
Rinnerz said:
And quite possibly some tears, after all the years of us trying to get to this point. I can't really even wrap my head around it right now.

Update:

Got my passport back with my PR visa and COPR today! :)

A few interesting things:

• The visa's "date of issue" is July 7, 2011 -- one day before my PPR. I'd always assumed it would be the actual date that they attached the visa to my passport, but I guess not.
  • My medicals were due to expire August 1, 2011. But my PR visa is valid until July 7, 2012. We were hoping they'd extend it, but by almost a year? Even my consultant thought it would only be 3-6 months.
  • They attached 1 of the 2 requested photos to my COPR. They returned the other one. Anyone had this happen before? I always assumed they'd keep the photos.
  • My "place of birth" is just listed as "Fort Worth" instead of "Fort Worth, Texas" (i.e. the state isn't listed anywhere). I assume this was due to space constraints, but I'll make sure to bring it up with an officer during my landing anyway.

So there you go. All my info is accurate on it; finally Buffalo got everything right. I know I won't be fully relaxed until I am officially landed, but going over everything and NOT finding something wrong was a huge relief.

dont forget to do your October thread GOT MY PPR AND SURVIVED dance as soon as you pass the IO and see your family and friends!!!!! Congrats

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
big relief rinnerz
congrts rinnerz
thank god u r doneaso congrtds to vt
jma

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Thanks, guys :). We were able to get last minute ferry and hotel plans made for St. Pierre for both us and the in-laws. So, we're leaving first thing tomorrow morning and will be back Tuesday evening. If all goes well, I should be landing when we cross back into Fortune Tuesday afternoon. I'll post back here after the trip to let you know how it went.

Congrats to vt and Latvian! I hope the rest of you hear something soon. I'll try to update the table once I'm back, maybe Wednesday.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Rinnerz said:
Thanks, guys :). We were able to get last minute ferry and hotel plans made for St. Pierre for both us and the in-laws. So, we're leaving first thing tomorrow morning and will be back Tuesday evening. If all goes well, I should be landing when we cross back into Fortune Tuesday afternoon. I'll post back here after the trip to let you know how it went.
Yay, I cannot wait for you to land. How exciting. :D Still haven't told me when we can celebrate. Lol. ;)

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
August 2010, redo september 6 2011
Passport Req..
Febuary 2011, again on september 2 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
October 19 2011 -Si Dios quiere :)
Hello everyone am new to this thread I never knew there was one to begin with lol, I sent my application to missisauga in september and october 18 2010 vo guatemala recieved our file, I am canadian citizen born and raised and I am sponosoring my husband from costa rica, In march 2011 I received an email as well as my rep receieved a letter asking for some documents passport, arc fee criminal record from costa rica, Irb decision, rcmp, copy of rprf, and today we are august 1 2011 and no word from them, as well my husbands medicals are going to expire august 10 2011, I dont know if they are going to ask for re-do or issue visa I really doubt it because its soo close to the deadline, or maybe after he re-does his medicals he will get DM I heard that when they ask for medicals 2nd time It means they are close to issuing visa dont know if thats true, well thats my story, if u have any questions feel free to ask and sorry for coming earlier, I hope am not to late :)