11-04-2011
Passport Req..
11-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2011
Malaika,

Sorry to hear about what happened to you. I personally cannot advise you what the best thing to do is, but I could suggest that you email an inquiry to your VO, stating the situation and clarify if they've received your police certs or not, and if whether new ones are required or not.

I just got my PPR via email today, and the sending VO's email address has the word "enquiry" within, so I would assume they can take inquiries on your case, as long as you reference your case file number and state your question clearly.

That's how I would approach it, this way when they respond to you, you will have a written trail. Hopefully other members will have more experienced answers to your questions. Good luck!

Loc

loc213

Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
Passport Req..
11-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2011
So I got my PPR today (April 11th) via email, yay! Just a few clarification questions:

Ecas was updated to: 'In Process' as of April 8th, does that mean that PPR does not necessarily mean 'Decision Made'? Or could it be that ecas is slow and is still 'In Process' but since I got PPR, the decision has already been made?

Basically my question PPR = decision made, true or false?

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
malaika calm down
you are already at end of this madness
as you know my vo is nairobi
and it's miracle to have a ppr from this vo
do one thing if they asked another pcc/pgc it doesnt take that long to have a new police clearnce maybe one day or two get them a new one and hand them and that's it
iam happy to see you are there
be calm and do the home work
nothing is hard in nairobi
every thing is there
u need ur self to have everything u want
hope it helps
wish u good luck
JMA

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
loc213 said:
So I got my PPR today (April 11th) via email, yay! Just a few clarification questions:

Ecas was updated to: 'In Process' as of April 8th, does that mean that PPR does not necessarily mean 'Decision Made'? Or could it be that ecas is slow and is still 'In Process' but since I got PPR, the decision has already been made?

Basically my question PPR = decision made, true or false?
That totally depends on your VO, since it depends on how they usually operate. But doing some searches on the forums, it looks like Tokyo is known for asking for the passport a little early. There are older posts by members (Tokyo VO) who got passport request, and then about a month later their visa was issued. But there are also ones where, after they sent their passports, they were asked for additional documents, etc. So I guess it depends.

Hopefully it means not much longer for you, though :).

loc213

Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
Passport Req..
11-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2011
Thanks! Yea, fingers crossed this is the last it of waiting...

malaika

Aug 8, 2010
NAIROBI
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10.2010
AOR Received.
14/01/2011
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
23/12/2010
Med's Done....
september 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/feb/2011
VISA ISSUED...
may be may
LANDED..........
maybe june
Thanks guys,
Thanks once more JMA and LOC213 for taking time from your busy schedule to reply to my querries. I am planning to go to the embassy in thursday with the photocopy of the said Police certificate and my fingerprints.
I will update you on what tranpires, I hope it never happens to anyone, hope all your documents will be safe.
God bless you.
Malaika

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
I had another 'blipp' on the eCAS today, but nothing so far. EXTREMELY frustrating right now, since my DREAM JOB has been offered to me, and all I need is that little sticker in my passport... Might have to get YET another work permit.. oh well another $150 is just small change right?

Cheers
Viking

Makool

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-25-2010
Doc's Request.
Feb-15-2011
AOR Received.
Feb-15-2011
File Transfer...
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Oct-16-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-15-2011
VISA ISSUED...
May-10-2011
LANDED..........
May-31-2011
Hi everyone,

today is exactly a month since my wife sent the passport to Bogota and no news at all, a couple people told me that the waiting time to get the passport back is more than a month now, I was doing some research and the average time it's been a month but for some reason that wont be ours, e-cas still doesn't show anything it's funny thought because we already sent the passport and still shows apllication recieved in the permanent residency status.

It's very frustrating this wait as you know is almost done but always you feel that there is something stoping you to finally celebrate it's over.

If you have any advice or any new news about timelines it will be highly appreciated.

thank you and good luck to all

Misplaced Brit

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2010
I think my application may finally be in progress!

I received a letter from Vegreville yesterday asking for some information that I'd apparently forgotten to put on my application form. Sure enough, when I checked, I had. *rolls eyes*

Anyway, I filled out the form, with the areas they had kindly highlighted for me, and it's been sent back to them today.

Fingers crossed this is the start of something, because if so, they started processing our app much earlier than we expected them to!

loc213

Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
Passport Req..
11-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2011
Makool said:
e-cas still doesn't show anything it's funny thought because we already sent the passport and still shows apllication recieved in the permanent residency status.
Not much help I can offer, but perhaps a bit of consolation that you're not alone. My ecas stayed at "application received" for 4 months and then it changed to "in process". So if you take ecas verbatim, it would seem like the application was received, (deduce that -- nothing was done for 4 months), and work began 4 months after the application was received.

But one month and still no answer would be frustrating... hang in there...

Makool

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-25-2010
Doc's Request.
Feb-15-2011
AOR Received.
Feb-15-2011
File Transfer...
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Oct-16-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-15-2011
VISA ISSUED...
May-10-2011
LANDED..........
May-31-2011
thanks loc213

I guess that if does not change it's because they are not working on the file so.....no choice that just wait...now even more I thought that about a month we would have an answer.

It's interesting that when you really want something to happen, you feel like nothing is impossible.

loc213

Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
Passport Req..
11-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2011
Just curious if anyone is still counting the stats of the October applicants..

I wonder what the ratio is of landed:not yet landed..

Anyone know?

malaika

Aug 8, 2010
NAIROBI
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10.2010
AOR Received.
14/01/2011
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
23/12/2010
Med's Done....
september 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/feb/2011
VISA ISSUED...
may be may
LANDED..........
maybe june
:D :D :D :D :D

People!!! people!!! let me tell you something. Iam very happy today.Two weeks ago I was a very sad lady because my VO had apparently misplaced my Originalcertificate of good contact with finger print attached. I was soo worried since i knew it met me going back to the police CID HQ to reapply for another new documents that would have been like another 2 wks wait and delay in the entire process.
I decided before reapplying to call the VO, I also wrote and email aswel, althought I did no get any feedback . Finally last week I decided to call the telephone no in one of my coresponce letters. I found a very good and kind Lady, who opted to asist me, she transfered me to another gentleman who sounded very busy but very polite, I requested him to kindly listen to my story on how I delivered the said documents to them including my Original PC with finger prints. He told me they didnt see it but I just give him a few mins to go tho' my file again. then he would call me again back. I was almost going for my lunch break from the office but instead I opted to stay in and to pray over it. In about 30min, the gentle man called back as he had promised yes! to give me the very good news. walaaaa! my document I mean the Police certificate was actually there in original form.
He was very much appologetic and he informed me to give then about 4-6 wks as they finalise my application. This is what we call Easter present for me ofcourse the resurrection of Jesus Christ is ahahaha ; :p :p. I have a reason to celebrate my easter holiday Now.
Ok Today I locked in on my ecase, DECISION MADE! it had been in Progress for sometime since December 2010.
I have no Idea what This mean, I hope someone would shade some light on this for me. does it mean a Visa on the way. Ohhh! Almighty God let it be it.
Amen to that. :D :D :D :D

loc213

Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
Passport Req..
11-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2011
Congrats Malaika! I'm glad it work out for you!

I'll bet that "Decision Made" is a good decision, certainly hope so! I sent in my passport to my VO last Monday, was signed received last Thursday, and this morning ecas showed "Decision Made". Hoping a DM after PPR is more often than not, a good thing. Can't wait to get the "correspondence" in the mailbox soon.

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
malaika this the big congrts from JMA{the lonely wife}
happy 2 see yours is over and you'll get ur visa after the holiday
but iam sad bcze there's no word on my application since they requested some documents in march
hubby droped on the said document on 31/3/2011
i hope it's safe to drop the box outside the gate in chc nairobi
hubby was refused to access they told him to drop a box outside the gate in chc nairobi
and since then no word from nairobi
malaika just write me that numbar so i will try my luck
one question
have u droped any document inthat box?
if yes did they received?
hope it's safe
as i dont have any copy
once again congrts