File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
i'm starting to get nervous...interview is in 6 days. thankfully my husband (the one being interviewed) doesn't seem nervous, and is in fact very excited to go to CIC-Accra and tell them about our relationship.

hoping these next few days pass by quickly, and that everyone in our group has AOR this week, and that visas start being issued by the handful!

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
all the best, I have been watching your posts from a distance and today I just decided to reply to wish you good luck
tell him to relax and to remember dates that concern you and him
one crazy question they will ask:WHAT WILL YOU DO IF NOT APPROVED just to see response
just tell him to take a deep breath when asked a question if not sure about a date just say about or around that date i know some people went on blank including myself as if i dont know what i am doing in front of cic officer just remember to stay focus, respectful and show interest in your partner and in coming here to be together and one other important question : what are your plans together which you may have mentioned earlier in your file but still stay focus and look forward for being together
all the best again and hope to hear good news from you and keep us updated
and since he is going to the interview and not stressed try to stay calm i know it is hard to say that but that what you need now so you can stay positive too

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
thank you so much for your response! here is his answer to the 'what would you do if you were refused'

'first, of course, we would appeal. if that was denied, i will apply to move to canada under the fsw or provincial nominee program, which would be sad because it would be many more years apart, and we want to start a family as soon as possible.'

what do you think?

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Seems good! He should also bring up that you have young children and that it wouldn't be possible for you to join him in Nigeria for many years and that is why he is trying to get into Canada as opposed to the other way around. I know you've said you would have joined him there already if it were possible. I'm sure that will come up though! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers, and I know it will be just fine!

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
sbwv09 said:
Seems good! He should also bring up that you have young children and that it wouldn't be possible for you to join him in Nigeria for many years and that is why he is trying to get into Canada as opposed to the other way around. I know you've said you would have joined him there already if it were possible. I'm sure that will come up though! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers, and I know it will be just fine!
i agree! the rest of that sentence was going to be
'first, of course, we would appeal. if that was denied, i will apply to move to canada under the fsw or provincial nominee program, which would be sad because it would be many more years apart, and we want to start a family as soon as possible. if that didn't work, we will wait until her children have all grown up and she will live with me in nigeria'

he thought that last line was going a bit too far, as if they should have reason to deny us, deny appeal, and why he wouldn't be accepted through some other form of immigration.

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
he is right
as his wife and him your husband you should be together stay positive show that you have every effort to make it possible to make it happen
you have children and want to raise them together please consider our situation apart and please allow us to be as a family
family reunification is your dream so concentrate on that
show interest in the country and that you encouraged him and he has dreams to come here work volunteer go back to school and reestablish himself and help you to raise the kids plus that he is missing you and the kids and love you too
good luck

teddybear

Aug 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
AOR Received.
07-07-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2010
Med's Done....
01-04-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-08-2010
bobshynoswife said:
i agree! the rest of that sentence was going to be
'first, of course, we would appeal. if that was denied, i will apply to move to canada under the fsw or provincial nominee program, which would be sad because it would be many more years apart, and we want to start a family as soon as possible. if that didn't work, we will wait until her children have all grown up and she will live with me in nigeria'

he thought that last line was going a bit too far, as if they should have reason to deny us, deny appeal, and why he wouldn't be accepted through some other form of immigration.
How much it costs to appeal aprox?

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Hey everyone.. I got an email from Buffalo today saying that they created my file! Gave me my file number and everything. Still nothing on ecas or anything, and they said something about a different case number than the one I got from the Nova Scotia processing centre instead of Mississauga, but I guess that part was a mistake? I'm cautiously optimistic though!

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
teddybear said:
How much it costs to appeal aprox?
i have no idea, and hope i never find out! i guess it would depend on whether or not you hire a lawyer.

congraulations on your awesome timeline! so nice to see nairobi and accra finally getting their act together. i hope they don't have your passport for too long!

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
sbwv09 said:
Hey everyone.. I got an email from Buffalo today saying that they created my file! Gave me my file number and everything. Still nothing on ecas or anything, and they said something about a different case number than the one I got from the Nova Scotia processing centre instead of Mississauga, but I guess that part was a mistake? I'm cautiously optimistic though!
yeah! finally some good news. what's with the nova scotia processing centre?

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Heck if I know.. I found an old thread on here with someone who got a similar email but they were FSW class.. so maybe they just used the wrong form letter?

That visa office needs to get it together!

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone.. I got an email from Buffalo today saying that they created my file! Gave me my file number and everything. Still nothing on ecas or anything, and they said something about a different case number than the one I got from the Nova Scotia processing centre instead of Mississauga, but I guess that part was a mistake? I'm cautiously optimistic though

Hello, that is normal to have a new file #
for couple days you can continue to use your old number until officer update ecas then you must use your new number to check your status when file is transfered this is normal to have a different number which is good news someone in Nova Scotia is working on your file now and will check your file for any missing/ needed documents and will send you a letter or email to request more info from you unless you have a lawyer so they will request it thru your lawyer and normally they give 45 or 60 days to sended requested info.
if no info is needed they will not contact you until the end of your process
Good luck

teddybear

Aug 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
AOR Received.
07-07-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2010
Med's Done....
01-04-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-08-2010
bobshynoswife said:
i have no idea, and hope i never find out! i guess it would depend on whether or not you hire a lawyer.

congraulations on your awesome timeline! so nice to see nairobi and accra finally getting their act together. i hope they don't have your passport for too long!
Thank you!! I am prepared for anything but I would not move to kenya for sure !!

Lysiana

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2010
AOR Received.
06-08-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
20-12-2010
sbwv09 said:
Hey everyone.. I got an email from Buffalo today saying that they created my file!
Congratulations sbwv09! One step closer to the end of this process!

-Lys

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
kamal225 said:
Hey everyone.. I got an email from Buffalo today saying that they created my file! Gave me my file number and everything. Still nothing on ecas or anything, and they said something about a different case number than the one I got from the Nova Scotia processing centre instead of Mississauga, but I guess that part was a mistake? I'm cautiously optimistic though

Hello, that is normal to have a new file #
for couple days you can continue to use your old number until officer update ecas then you must use your new number to check your status when file is transfered this is normal to have a different number which is good news someone in Nova Scotia is working on your file now and will check your file for any missing/ needed documents and will send you a letter or email to request more info from you unless you have a lawyer so they will request it thru your lawyer and normally they give 45 or 60 days to sended requested info.
if no info is needed they will not contact you until the end of your process
Good luck
It says my file is now in Buffalo and that my case number is different than that in Nova Scotia. The confusion is that my file was never in Nova Scotia. It was in Mississauga and then transferred to Buffalo, which makes me wonder why they refer to Nova Scotia at all. I also can't log into Ecas with this file number.