+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for MAY 2010 applications!!

lovebajan

Star Member
Dec 6, 2009
Hey everyone,
I finally received my stuff the immigration officer said she was sending since last week Monday. I also got my letter confirming that I'm eligible to Sponsor my husband. They said a copy of our file has been sent to The Port of Spain office in Trinidad...since I live in Quebec, I have to pay an additional $250 and get a selection certificate from MICC...1 step down, once approved by MICC, the next step in the waiting game begins...hopefully all continues going well and it will go quickly!!!
Best wishes to everyone else...

TanMos

Jan 5, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Interview........
14-10-2010
Passport Req..
14-10-2010
wmaitner said:
What number did you call to talk to someone from outside Canada about an outland application? I am not finding any number like that on the site. Plus, I honestly don't see how an application that arrived a week after ours from the US is done already. Are you just pulling our legs?

EDIT: My wife found a number and called. When she talked to CIC they told her that they are still working on 5/3, so I am saying either you were given bad information or you're telling tales. Want to fess up or are you going to be another iarblue?
Really, i have no time to waste telling tales...I was simply trying to offer encouragement that
us May ppl are getting done.
I sent my application with UPS Friday May 7, they received it Monday May 10...
I called the Mississauga call center, you can find this number on the web site.
It does say on the website that they are processing up to May 3rd...I called to simply
make sure they had my file because that is just what I do :)
A nice lady answered, I told her my file was sent beginning of May, can you please just verify
if it has been received. She said ok, but it may not be in here yet, as they only enter the applications
in the computer when they process it.
For some reason, mine was entered and almost finished. This was Monday June 7...she told me its looks good
but no decision yet to expect a notice soon and gave me my client ID number. On June 8 I checked my number on ecase just to see if it worked, it indicated decision made and letter mailed to me on June 7.
I dont know why mine is early, however, Im happy and waiting for the notice.
Im sure all of you will have news very very soon too, I really wouldn't worry.

TanMos

Jan 5, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Interview........
14-10-2010
Passport Req..
14-10-2010
and by the way, Im in Quebec not the USA.
First step being done in Mississauga and then file being sent to Cairo Egypt, where my husband is.
Hope this clarifies

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
I called today, to check on my hubby's app for sponsorship and they couldn't tell me anything. Not whether it was received or anything. We sent it in May 3rd. They said call back at the end of June. :-[ I think maybe because I am not the sponsor, they can't tell me anything. Unfortunately, my hubby doesn't care enough to call. He is not impatient like I am. It would be nice to know it's there though.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Vervain said:
I called today, to check on my hubby's app for sponsorship and they couldn't tell me anything. Not whether it was received or anything. We sent it in May 3rd. They said call back at the end of June. :-[ I think maybe because I am not the sponsor, they can't tell me anything. Unfortunately, my hubby doesn't care enough to call. He is not impatient like I am. It would be nice to know it's there though.
That is almost what they said to me...

The man said that they were processing applications received May 3 and that I could try again the end of next week. There wasnt anything in the computer with my name yet =)

I will try again next week if I still cant log in to ecas. I try to be patient but it is really quite hard!

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
wmaitner said:
What number did you call to talk to someone from outside Canada about an outland application? I am not finding any number like that on the site. Plus, I honestly don't see how an application that arrived a week after ours from the US is done already. Are you just pulling our legs?

EDIT: My wife found a number and called. When she talked to CIC they told her that they are still working on 5/3, so I am saying either you were given bad information or you're telling tales. Want to fess up or are you going to be another iarblue?
I think this was rude, and uncalled for. Have you ever dealt with a government agency before? The right hand rarely knows what the left hand is doing. Call centre employees don't always know exactly what's happening. If TanMos says her first stage has been approved, then that's great news. Don't accuse her of lying to us. She can log in on e-cas for goodness sake, so it isn't misinformation from the call centre.

I suggest you take your own advice and "don't start worrying yet, give it another week"

Relax people! The website says 60 days, so everyone should be thrilled that it's only taking 30-45.

missmyhoney

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-10
AOR Received.
15-07-10
File Transfer...
06-07-10
Med's Done....
15-04-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-10
looks like the person is fond of iarblue to easily name him/her out right away and is already stressed out while on screening stage. what more in the following stages:D.

it is great news for me and my husband to know that others are getting approved on dates beyond the may 3 processing date specified at cic website as it gives us hope that our application might be processed sooner than expected. although each case is different yet feelings of excitement is better than stress.

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
heatherusa said:
I will try again next week if I still cant log in to ecas. I try to be patient but it is really quite hard!
Yes it is ;)

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Right.. I mean, some people will get approved faster than others and that's just how it works. No reason to resent each other or accuse each other of telling tales. No need to be negative :)

meairplane

May 8, 2010
Siberia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
File Transfer...
02-06-2010
Med's Done....
27-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
For those who are outside of Canada and want to call CIC to check the status of their application: 1-613-944-4000 the automatic system will ask you to choose options. Then they will ask you to enter your Client ID - you enter the last 8 digits of your receipt number. Then you enter your sponsor's year of birth. Then they connect your call to an agent. That's how I called CIC and I'm not in Canada. That was 2 days ago.
Even though the CIC website says they are processing applications received up to May 3, they might be still going through April application.
Also, the agent told me they haven't started to process our application. The next morning my husband received a letter of approval - it took 9 days for the letter to reach him (he's in Ontario!). Can't log in to ECAS still. It'scontradicting but what I know is that my husband was approved as a sponsor.

So, rather than worrying too much check your mailbox!:) Good luck!

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
Yes perhaps theirs was the first that didn't require an extra call or two. I worked in a large voluming publishing company and first come isn't always first served. ;D Simplest is!

TanMos

Jan 5, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Interview........
14-10-2010
Passport Req..
14-10-2010
I just thought of something just to let you all know, the call center agent told me that I would not be able to see anything on ecase until the application was actually processed and decision made...maybe thats why nothing is appearing yet, but it doesnt mean ure file is not being worked on. And by the way, i kinda insisted that she just check to see if my file was there. If I hadn't of pushed a bit she would have sent me off telling me they are still processing up to April 23...I had to correct her to check the website, that they were processing up to May 3. She checked and apologized then became very very helpful. So, I guess its safe to assume they are not always accurate in what they tell us and there is room for human error. I also heard that the delay between when they say they send the letter and when you receive it can be like 10 days or so.
May the sponsorship application Gods be with you all ! :D

campesinaj

Star Member
Jan 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima, Peru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2010
AOR Received.
29-06-2010 In Process in Lima
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
17-03-2011
I think it's good news for all of us that people in the May group are receiving positive feedback but, of course, we can't expect to all hear at the same time unfortunately :(
I agree with some previous posts - let's keep it positive and not accuse each other of lying or whatever just out of impatience. we are all going through the waiting game and it's hard on everyone! I really enjoy this forum because it helps me feel like we're not alone in this long process...
so keep the news and updates coming and good luck to everyone
positive comments only from May-ees! :D

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Here's hoping that there is some good news coming this week for the early May applicants!

:)

cuds

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called as well lol (yes I am not the most patient person around)

They didn't find our names in their system yet as of today

Mississauga received our application May 6