Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
hopetoland said:
hi i need your help,

what is my id#, i have 3 on the letter that i received from my vo in berlin. there is a sticker with a b # i also have a f # and a uci # none are working for open up the ecas. my husbands client id # worked for a while, but now it won´t. which one should i use and should i punch in my name or my husbands (sponsor).

thank you :) :) :)
I haven't received my file number yet, but as long as I've heard you should use the one starting with the letter B, after selecting "Immigration file number" under "Identification type", with the person being sponsored info, in this case your name ;)

fizzlefunk

Mar 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
21-04-2011
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Done....
01-03-2011
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
18-07-2011
Hey all!

My wife (sponsor) and I (and our three cats) crossed the border yesterday so she can go home and I can do my 6 months of visiting. The border crossing wasn't super smooth -- we crossed by car at Blaine, WA and the officer at the checkpoint grilled us for 5 minutes and then asked us to pull over. The officers thereafter, however, were rather nice and helped me get the cats out into a temporary kennel so they could access the car (cat carriers and my cats? no way, that's a recipe for hell) and then we went inside to the office and spoke to a officer there. He asked basic questions about our relationship, reason for visit, and requested evidence that I would return to the US; I answered truthfully and told him I had a folder of documents in my car that has all the evidence. He asked us to take a seat while he went out to the car; 5 minutes later he returned with a smile and complimented me on how well-organized all my documents were! I had a copy of my apartment's lease, our marriage certificate, the receipt from my PR application fees, the sponsorship approval letter, the health certificates/rabies records for my cats, and pretty much any possible related document. A few more tip-taps into his computer and with a smile, he said we were good to go and to enjoy our vacation!

Now we're happily in my wife's apartment getting everything hooked back up like internet and cell phones. Already achieved our first Canadian goal of ordering super-fresh delivery sushi -- that's what we missed the most while down in Texas. Now I get to sit tight til we hear from Buffalo!

hibou

Mar 13, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
CSQ Received in London 14-06-2011
File Transfer...
20-04-2011, RPRF requested 17-06-2011
Med's Done....
16-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-07-2011
LongTimeComing said:
WOO HOO!

After getting our package returned. Ticking 2 boxes.. mailing it back

today... email Sponsorship APPROVED!

E-CAS not updated, but we are on our way to LONDON!

So happy!

That's great LongTimeComing!

My visa application is in London but they can't start processing it yet as they are waiting to receive my CSQ from Quebec.
We're still in a similar timeline- wishing you all the best :)

LongTimeComing

Aug 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
12-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-11-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
03-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
hibou said:
That's great LongTimeComing!

My visa application is in London but they can't start processing it yet as they are waiting to receive my CSQ from Quebec.
We're still in a similar timeline- wishing you all the best :)
Thanks Hibou!

I was getting to be one grumpy gal. So glad this first part is over. But now at least a minor distraction for me... I finally get to go see my hubby. Nothing like being married for 3 months, and being apart.

I know if it wasn't for seeing other people going through the same struggles I would be losing my mind completely by this point.

Hope your next step goes quickly for you.

matti

Jan 7, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
18-04-2011
File Transfer...
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
22-01-2011
Interview........
04-08-2011
Passport Req..
04-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hi all!

I just got an update from ecas showing the permanent resident application as Application Received:
"We received ...'s application for permanent residence on May 4, 2011."

The Sponsorship application was approved on April 20th.

I hope all our cases get processed soon.

Matti

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello marchers!

I am able to log on to E-cas after 35 days they received our Package, phewwwww. it says we received your application on 30th of march and started processing on 4th of may. I soooooooo hope everything goes by well for all of us, this wait is just a killer.

interesting thing is, I tried to log on yesterday around 10 pm and it wasnt available, wondering if they work on saturdays too!

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Hi Fizzlefunk and anyone else who might have some insight......

Just read your post about heading to Canada to start your wait. I have been doing some serious stressing about getting in to the country (ha, not until August but I like to be prepared!) and just have a couple questions on this...

When you crossed the border in the car did you have a lot of furniture or luggage or anything that you were moving her to Canada with? Everyone has warned me that it cant look like we are moving back, but how on earth do we get around that! We will have our dog, living room and bedroom furniture. The car is in my name and I'll be exporting/importing when I land as an immigrant. Too complicated to get it in my husbands name before we go. So it looks like I'll be driving it across with him and the u-haul......

I won't have a job in the states to go back to, but I do have a wedding to attend one month after we get to Canada and own a house and have some bank accounts in the states. Would that be enough evidence? I have paid all my fees, sponsorship has been approved, and fingers crossed, by August i'll for sure have my AOR and hopefully initial assessment....

There are just so many variables here and we want to keep things easy and affordable but also not mess up what we have going. I've found the best way to figure these things out is from the great experience of my forum pals!

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have a question hope someone can help me on this,

I have noticed that sponsorship gets approved on the same day they start processing it, in my case it says we received it on 30th of march and started processing it on 4th of may which was three days ago and still says in process, I m dreading myself if there is any problem!!!

is this normal?--do they activate your E-cas account even if there are some problems with the application?(like sponsorship wasnt approved or incomplete application, more documents requested etc.)

has someone else experienced this situation?

may be its normal but we all know how nervous and curious we are ;D

irishnova

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
from what ive read, usually sponsorship approval is granted the same day as the file is opened/process, BUT there seems to be cases also where it takes a few days. i guess wait another day or so and call them?

also, from what ive read, ecas is updated to say, opened recieved on XX, started processing on XX returend file of XX due to whatever etc....so i think it should be updated with whatever they conclude.

what refrence no do you have to log into ecas? we dnt have any recipets so cant :(

fingers are crossed for ya anyway mate

hsbalouch said:
Hi,

I have noticed that sponsorship gets approved on the same day they start processing it, in my case it says we received it on 30th of march and started processing it on 4th of may which was three days ago and still says in process, I m dreading myself if there is any problem!!!

is this normal?--do they activate your E-cas account even if there are some problems with the application?(like sponsorship wasnt approved or incomplete application, more documents requested etc.)

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
hsbalouch said:
Hi,

Mine took 3 days from when they started processing it (April 26th) until a decision was made on my file (April 29th) I was starting to worry but no need for that...sometimes depending on the visa officer it may take a few more days...

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh thank you very much Stumpedmom, this definitely helps bringing worrymeter level down to just above normal ;D, I think waiting for few more days won't hurt much!

@Irishnova: thank you too mate, hope everything goes by well, I paid my fee online and used that Receipt number and other details like DOB and country of birth etc. it worked for me, dont you have that IMM 5401? there are few more ID types you can use for example, PR Card no. of sponsor, citizenship receipt no, confirmation of PR no etc. but make sure you use sponsor's details at this point not yours!

Goodluck everyone!

irishnova

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
hsbalouch said:
@ Irishnova: thank you too mate, hope everything goes by well, I paid my fee online and used that Receipt number and other details like DOB and country of birth etc. it worked for me, dont you have that IMM 5401? there are few more ID types you can use for example, PR Card no. of sponsor, citizenship receipt no, confirmation of PR no etc. but make sure you use sponsor's details at this point not yours!

Goodluck everyone!
didnt use IMM 5401, applying from ireland and my sponsor is living here also so cant use that (no post code). i sent a bank draft to 'reciever general for/in canada' something like that.

hopefully this will be our week

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irishnova said:
didnt use IMM 5401, applying from ireland and my sponsor is living here also so cant use that (no post code). i sent a bank draft to 'reciever general for/in canada' something like that.

hopefully this will be our week
oh, hope you will hear from them week starting tomorrow because its about time, did u guys mention your plans returning to Canada? because its important to tell them that you have sound plans to return to Canada when Application of PR is approved!

irishnova

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
hsbalouch said:
oh, hope you will hear from them week starting tomorrow because its about time, did u guys mention your plans returning to Canada? because its important to tell them that you have sound plans to return to Canada when Application of PR is approved!
main reason why we are going is that herself has a job over.
we will surly hear something from them this week....good or bad :-\

hopetoland

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 2011
hi guys,

my application was received by berlin in april. now they need more evidence for relocation of my husband. you know what i don´t understand who the hell is paying those 1040,- and doesn´t go. The medical was not cheap either.
I don´t know i´m getting frustrated, sorry its mothers day :'( :'( :'( :'(

best wishes to all mothers :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

p.s my mom is the best :) :) :) :)