Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
You're not alone... I was just thinking the same thing.

/crossing fingers for us both :)

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
It has to happen eventually, right? You ordered CAIPS Notes via email right? Have you received them yet? My credit card still hasn't been charged.

Fingers crossed!

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Yes, we ordered them on August 12. We got a message saying they'd be e-mailing our CAIPS notes to us today... but nothing has arrived yet...

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
I just got our CAIPS via email right now... not that I really understand them.

We are in progress as of April 8th

It looks like the medical and criminality checks are in progress and the Security and eligibility have yet to be started... And nothing has been updated on our file since April 23, 2011. So I dunno if this is good news or bad? They have our RPRF.... but under police certificates it says 0 does that mean they don't have our FBI clearance? They did an RCMP check which I think came back ok, but no record of the FBI check anywhere. Do you think I should email and ask about that? Or just wait it out a bit and maybe order caips again in another month or so?

At least they've done something even if its just been sitting around for 3 months since them doing something..

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Remarkably, your GCMS notes and mine are pretty much the same, even though I applied months after you. Does it say "no reportable trace" under the Type: RCMP Screening Sub-Activity? My speculation is that they start with the RCMP check and then move on to the national background check, and I believe (but again, am only infering) that "0" in the category means they have not placed a "1" to start filling out details.
tulamoon said:
I just got our CAIPS via email right now... not that I really understand them.

We are in progress as of April 8th

It looks like the medical and criminality checks are in progress and the Security and eligibility have yet to be started... And nothing has been updated on our file since April 23, 2011. So I dunno if this is good news or bad? They have our RPRF.... but under police certificates it says 0 does that mean they don't have our FBI clearance? They did an RCMP check which I think came back ok, but no record of the FBI check anywhere. Do you think I should email and ask about that? Or just wait it out a bit and maybe order caips again in another month or so?

At least they've done something even if its just been sitting around for 3 months since them doing something..

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
Kinda frusturating you would think that they would be farther along after 5 months.. .

I'm kinda wondering if my husbands military history is causing the hold up....

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Absolutely possible. CIC has an MOU on exchanging information with CIS and DOD (wow, lotsa acronyms there), but it always takes time, time, time, with multiple bureaucracies ::)

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
tulamoon said:
Kinda frusturating you would think that they would be farther along after 5 months.. .

I'm kinda wondering if my husbands military history is causing the hold up....
My hubs had 9 years in the Marines, we figured that military would make it easier

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
I heard that the military stuff can take longer..... and the Army is NOT awesome to deal with, they definitely work on their own time. My huband has been out since January, but never ever got paperwork stating that he is done. So I bet that is probably it. I sent some of his military release forms and stuff a long with the application in hopes that it would expedite things, but I guess not.

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Jayde did you ever get your CAIPS?

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
No... on the 12 we got an email saying we'd be issued them on the 13. on the 13 we got an email saying they'd come in the afternoon. Yesterday when we inquired, we were told that they SNAIL MAILED them, even though the emails all stated we'd get them BY EMAIL. So we've put in a request to have the file e-mailed to us. On our application for CAIPS notes we actually even HAND WROTE that we wanted e-mail.

ARGH!!!

I'm so frustrated right now, and feeling very dissillusioned about this whole thing. When our MP inquired they said our file looked like it was ready for final review and that our bring forward date was Sep 1... why it's taking so long I just do not know.

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
How do you contact your MP to get them to inquire. Like what do you say to them?

I think I'd like to do that since it looks like nothing has been done on ours since the end of April.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
I just phoned and explained that we had submitted the app, and they put me through to the girl who handles the immigration inquiries (who btw said that it's 99% of what they do). She normally wouldn't have inquired but I told her I was concerned as we had had an address change etc...

If you explain something that might be irregular about your case, they seem more inclined to look into it before the ELEVEN MONTH waiting period is up in Buffalo... /rolls eyes.

My mp's office was reluctant to believe that people had been accepted in less time than that... but she ended up believing me. Took 1-2 days and she had info for me.

Hope that helps.

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
ARGH is right Jayde! Sorry to hear. I hope they get to you soon. Just a couple more weeks and you can check with your MP again. At least yours is helpful!

sshelton

May 30, 2011
Hi all,

I just thought I would post a quick note about how landing went for my wife and I yesterday. She's an American, so we drove down to Buffalo to pick up the visa and land after receiving our PPR on 9/9/11. Everything went very smooth. I would suggest that anyone who is planning on driving down, etc. to definitely adhere to the information on the Buffalo thread here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-buffalo-applicants-t41886.4620.html. OCU_canada's information at the bottom of the page is spot on and we were first in line at the consulate and out 2 hours later because of it.

The one issue we did run into was that my wife had planned two flights before we got the PPR. We didn't find out that this could potentially be a problem until the officer told us AFTER we landed. He said that if we didn't have the PR card before she leaves (which we probably won't), she may have trouble getting on a flight back to Canada. Apparently the airlines aren't officially supposed to let a permanent resident on without their PR card. He said that if she gets through, then immigration won't care (since they issued her residency), but that we should check with the policy of the airlines. Has anyone had experience with this before? We're totally ecstatic to have this complete, but I think he really should have told us before we landed. FYI, apparently this is only an issue with flying across the border. If we were to drive it would be no problem.

Thanks to all of you for your support, and the rest of you hang in there!