Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hang in there, mrswolfe :) Congrats on the in process ;D
mrswolfe said:
Some MUCH NEEDED movement today! I've been struggling a lot with being unemployed lately. I've been careerless for over a year now, and I only had a seasonal job for two months over the holidays this past year. Monetarily, it's been fine being a single income family; emotionally, I've been struggling with self worth and the need for employment and the ability to provide.

So I had a panic attack tonight and couldn't stop crying, and finally we calmed down a bit (I'm on a visitor visa in Vancouver right now, thank goodness. We were doing separate households for a while but it got to be too much to handle). Mrs. Wolfe #1 checked the CIC app status and it has changed to IN PROCESS!! Medicals received! I never even received notification via the tracker. It made me feel at least a little better knowing we're nominally closer to PPR.

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
*SIGH* anyone know how long it takes to get caips notes if you email the request? I keep checking my credit card to see if they've charged the 5 bucks, but no deal yet.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
tulamoon said:
*SIGH* anyone know how long it takes to get caips notes if you email the request? I keep checking my credit card to see if they've charged the 5 bucks, but no deal yet.
I was told it'd take about a month... we've been watching our credit card bill too... nothing yet.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Small (but exciting to me) update:

I spoke with our MP's office two days ago and they agreed to inquire on our application as we needed to verify that our address had been changed. Our MP's office was VERY helpful, and I just spoke with her again this morning. Here is what she informed me:

Our file has a bring forward date of September 1.
Our medical has arrived and is good
Our background checks are done and are good
Our address and contact information has been updated

She said that the office stated our file is "moving along smoothly and we are in good shape"

She said she has a strong feeling (but cannot guarantee) that September bring forward date is for a final review and that we have a good chance of having our approval shortly after that. She also said that the officer has 30 days from the bring forward date to do the review, and if we don't hear anything by the end of September, to call her back and she will do another inquiry.

Just wondering.... from those who are experienced in the area, are her impressions accurate? I know there is no guarantee... but would her interpretation of the file be sound?

Thanks so much :D

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
Thats awesome news Jayde...so happy for you!!!

kduran1972

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
15-12-2010
jayde said:
Small (but exciting to me) update:

I spoke with our MP's office two days ago and they agreed to inquire on our application as we needed to verify that our address had been changed. Our MP's office was VERY helpful, and I just spoke with her again this morning. Here is what she informed me:

Our file has a bring forward date of September 1.
Our medical has arrived and is good
Our background checks are done and are good
Our address and contact information has been updated

She said that the office stated our file is "moving along smoothly and we are in good shape"

She said she has a strong feeling (but cannot guarantee) that September bring forward date is for a final review and that we have a good chance of having our approval shortly after that. She also said that the officer has 30 days from the bring forward date to do the review, and if we don't hear anything by the end of September, to call her back and she will do another inquiry.

Just wondering.... from those who are experienced in the area, are her impressions accurate? I know there is no guarantee... but would her interpretation of the file be sound?

Thanks so much :D
Hi Jayde, I need to do the same thing as my husband who I'm sponsoring is in Chile has no mailing address and his email has changed and his cell phone number has also changed.

I have no idea who to contact :(

Whereabouts do you live? I sent my application to the office in Mississauga and it's been in Chile since March 2011.

mrswolfe

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-2011
Nomination.....
04-20-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-19-2011
LANDED..........
09-25-2011
ddobro2 said:
Hang in there, mrswolfe :) Congrats on the in process ;D

THANKS! We got our PPR today! We've had a couple ghost updates and the other mrs.wolfe was feeling anxious every time one of them popped up. This morning as she was getting ready for work, I got an email from BFALOIMPA-AP@international.gc.ca with my file number and name as the subject line requesting my passport and shrieked. She nearly had a heart attack!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know- I saw it on the Buffalo thread! Yay, now not too long for it all to be over. I updated your PPR and you're in green on the spreadsheet now ;D
mrswolfe said:
THANKS! We got our PPR today! We've had a couple ghost updates and the other mrs.wolfe was feeling anxious every time one of them popped up. This morning as she was getting ready for work, I got an email from BFALOIMPA-AP @ international.gc.ca with my file number and name as the subject line requesting my passport and shrieked. She nearly had a heart attack!

JustandDaph

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Husband's address disappeared yet again...so frustrating!

Chio

Mar 14, 2011
Hi guys ! I sent my app march 15 and in April 15 i got an answer saying I'm able to sponsor my husband, I can't see my process in the ECAS till now ! i don't no why .... anyways they told me they send my app to Peru in April 16 but i have no news from Peru yet ! as far as i know usually takes 3 month to receive a letter saying that they already receive my app but its been 4 month and a half and husband and I haven't receive anything and I'm freaking out !!! :'(

Please help !!!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you trying to log in with the sponsor's information or the applicant's? Which number - Client ID, receipt, or file?
Chio said:
Hi guys ! I sent my app march 15 and in April 15 i got an answer saying I'm able to sponsor my husband, I can't see my process in the ECAS till now ! i don't no why .... anyways they told me they send my app to Peru in April 16 but i have no news from Peru yet ! as far as i know usually takes 3 month to receive a letter saying that they already receive my app but its been 4 month and a half and husband and I haven't receive anything and I'm freaking out !!! :'(

Please help !!!!

Chio

Mar 14, 2011
Well I try both... my name and my husband's, with my client ID and the receipt number and nothing :( ... I don't even know if they receive my app in Lima so my husband doesn't have a client Id yet ....

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would email the VO to try to confirm receipt - lima.immigration@international.gc.ca. As for the e-CAS situation, I don't know why you can't get in but you might want to consider adding every possible piece of log-in information to e-CAS tracker so it can try on your behalf. The sponsor's Client ID is at the top of the sponsorship approval letter by the way.
Chio said:
Well I try both... my name and my husband's, with my client ID and the receipt number and nothing :( ... I don't even know if they receive my app in Lima so my husband doesn't have a client Id yet ....

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
My husband called me at 5 in the morning. He received email. He has interview on September 12th. Oh! God! I am so nervous!!! An interview means they are not completely convinced about us! Here is the said email (our application for permanent residence was received at the visa office on March 31, 2011):

Ceci concerne votre demande de résidence permanente au Canada. Une entrevue est nécessaire afin de nous permettre de déterminer si vous rencontrez les critères d'admission au Canada qui s'appliquent à la catégorie dans laquelle vous avez fait votre demande. Nous vous invitons donc à vous présenter à nos bureaux à la date et l'heure indiquées ci-haut.
Veuillez lire attentivement les RENSEIGNEMENTS IMPORTANTS suivants:Si vous ne vous présentez pas à l'entrevue tel que prévu sans en donner les raisons par écrit avant la date de votre entrevue, l' étude de votre demande sera effectué sur la base des documents et renseignements que vous avez fournis dans votre dossier.
- Vous trouverez ci-dessous une liste des documents à apporter à cette entrevue. VOUS DEVREZ VOUS PRÉSENTER AVEC TOUS LES DOCUMENTS SUIVANTS:

- La lettre de convocation;
- Le passeport en cours de validité
- Votre carte d'identité nationale
- Preuves de contact récent avec votre garant (copie de lettres avec les enveloppes, copie de vos courriels, factures de téléphone détaillées, etc.)
- Photos de mariage /Fiançailles/ en famille
PAR GARANT(E) :

- détails sur vos voyages au Maroc (cachets dans votre passeport, copie de billet d'avion etc...);

Les documents du(de la) garant(e) peuvent être envoyés par fax en précisant le # du dossier et le nom du(de la) candidat(e).

- Notre lettre de convocation ne constitue pas une garantie de visa. Notre décision vous sera communiquée par écrit une fois l'entrevue faite et nos procédures terminées. D'ici là, nous vous conseillons fortement de ne prendre aucune mesure en vue de liquider vos biens, quitter votre emploi, disposer de votre logement, faire des arrangements de voyage, etc.
- Au terme de l'étude de votre demande, si un visa de résidence permanente vous est délivré, vous devrez vous établir au Canada au cours de la période de validité de votre visa, qui est d'un an à partir de la date de la visite médicale. La loi canadienne d'immigration ne prévoit aucune prorogation des visas de résidence permanente.

Service des visas
Nous espérons recevoir dans les meilleurs délais la fiche-réponse, et vous prions d'agréer l'expression de nos salutations distinguées.
Ambassade du Canada / Canadian Embassy
Service des visas / Visa Section
31 rue Hamza, Agdal, B.P. 709, Rabat
Maroc / Morocco
www.rabat.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't take it personally because I assume it is pretty much standard operating procedure to request an interview at Rabat, especially if there is a big age difference between the couples (this process is anything but romantic but these are the preconceived notions people have on genuine relationships). I can't believe they are asking him to do the interview soooo soon. That is not enough time to order CAIPS notes on the file and that is what most people should do ahead of an interview. I would tell your husband to do the interview in whatever language he was most comfortable in, because I had read a posting by a woman who's husband felt compelled to answer questions in English, which he was weak in, and in the very end they were denied. Just remember that whatever happens, you WILL be able to appeal if you choose to.

Besides the 3 legalistic documents at the top of that list, they ask for more proof - did you send them the proof of contact with your husband and the marriage photos that they list in the original application you filed?

Maybe you can use the fact that your husband woke you up at 5 AM and you didn't kill him as proof of a genuine relationship? :p Just kidding.

Good luck.
Habibti said:
My husband called me at 5 in the morning. He received email. He has interview on September 12th. Oh! God! I am so nervous!!! An interview means they are not completely convinced about us! Here is the said email (our application for permanent residence was received at the visa office on March 31, 2011):

Ceci concerne votre demande de résidence permanente au Canada. Une entrevue est nécessaire afin de nous permettre de déterminer si vous rencontrez les critères d'admission au Canada qui s'appliquent à la catégorie dans laquelle vous avez fait votre demande. Nous vous invitons donc à vous présenter à nos bureaux à la date et l'heure indiquées ci-haut.
Veuillez lire attentivement les RENSEIGNEMENTS IMPORTANTS suivants:Si vous ne vous présentez pas à l'entrevue tel que prévu sans en donner les raisons par écrit avant la date de votre entrevue, l' étude de votre demande sera effectué sur la base des documents et renseignements que vous avez fournis dans votre dossier.
- Vous trouverez ci-dessous une liste des documents à apporter à cette entrevue. VOUS DEVREZ VOUS PRÉSENTER AVEC TOUS LES DOCUMENTS SUIVANTS:

- La lettre de convocation;
- Le passeport en cours de validité
- Votre carte d'identité nationale
- Preuves de contact récent avec votre garant (copie de lettres avec les enveloppes, copie de vos courriels, factures de téléphone détaillées, etc.)
- Photos de mariage /Fiançailles/ en famille
PAR GARANT(E) :

- détails sur vos voyages au Maroc (cachets dans votre passeport, copie de billet d'avion etc...);

Les documents du(de la) garant(e) peuvent être envoyés par fax en précisant le # du dossier et le nom du(de la) candidat(e).

- Notre lettre de convocation ne constitue pas une garantie de visa. Notre décision vous sera communiquée par écrit une fois l'entrevue faite et nos procédures terminées. D'ici là, nous vous conseillons fortement de ne prendre aucune mesure en vue de liquider vos biens, quitter votre emploi, disposer de votre logement, faire des arrangements de voyage, etc.
- Au terme de l'étude de votre demande, si un visa de résidence permanente vous est délivré, vous devrez vous établir au Canada au cours de la période de validité de votre visa, qui est d'un an à partir de la date de la visite médicale. La loi canadienne d'immigration ne prévoit aucune prorogation des visas de résidence permanente.

Service des visas
Nous espérons recevoir dans les meilleurs délais la fiche-réponse, et vous prions d'agréer l'expression de nos salutations distinguées.
Ambassade du Canada / Canadian Embassy
Service des visas / Visa Section
31 rue Hamza, Agdal, B.P. 709, Rabat
Maroc / Morocco
www.rabat.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca