+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Landed Immigrants networking ,living in GTA

creativeuk

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Dear All

I am starting this thread and the pupose is to do networking and creating friend circle .we have landed here four weeks ago,we have sorted the basic things here ,still looking for survival jobs.
we only know a couple of friends here and feel like we need know more people and some more good friends.

thanks for reading and getting abck to us .

Blu12

Jul 12, 2012
Hey, good intiatiative.. How do you find Toronto/GTA in your first few weeks there ? What are the major pros/cons in your opinion ?

creativeuk

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Hi

well my observations are
Survival jobs are available here.
Majority population is south Asian.
There are oppurtunities to grab night shift jobs, if some one wishes to gain canadian qualification simultaneously.
The only thing i dislike is the frequency of public transport is not very good.
Car insurance cost is very high.

Thanks for joining us on this thread

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
creativeuk said:
Dear All

I am starting this thread and the pupose is to do networking and creating friend circle .we have landed here four weeks ago,we have sorted the basic things here ,still looking for survival jobs.
we only know a couple of friends here and feel like we need know more people and some more good friends.

You may like to join this group, created about 2 years back by the new immigrants
Toronto-FriendsCircle@googlegroups.com

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
creativeuk said:
Dear All

Hi creativeuk,

We will b joining GTA shortly,which areas u suggest for a new immigrant for accomodation.

Wish u good luck.

Tks & rgds.

siddharth.ravi

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Hi!!

We are looking for accommodation in GTA too... will be landing there early next month!! Whats the best way to get started with survival jobs?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
siddharth.ravi said:
Thanks!!! But how long does it take to get find a job on an average?
3-months.
-Ppl have gotten their's in 1-month, while some took 5-odd too.
-Much depends on ur attitude, bearing, initiative, mobility; and of course - ur English skills.
-Imdt upon landing joining the "Co-Op" helps, immensely, seriously.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
explorer101 said:
You may like to join this group, created about 2 years back by the new immigrants
Toronto-FriendsCircle@googlegroups.com
Explorer,
Their joining is subject to meeting at least one of us [incl you, me, or any other member] and then being 'seconded' by him/her.
Qorax

smilekumar

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
Hi,

We would be landing in canada (Toronto) shortly. We are also looking to make some friends before we come there. so that we would know atleast somebody by name and communicate with them. We are planning to live in Mississauga as I came to know from this forum that there are lot of survival jobs and has lot of Indians. We are coming with two kids. Is there any place u can suggest with short term lease and to stay as soon as we land? Please do reply, as this would be a great help for my family.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Missisauga is close to the Airport and getting into other parts of the City would be time consuming.
its true that Missi has a huge number of Indians but making friends and networking always helps to get a job in Canada.