Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
03-31-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 LA
Well I e-mailed my MP back again yesterday, lettings them know it's been 10 weeks since my original plea for help,
and 7 weeks since I last inquired.

I'm also considering emailed Buffalo today just to touch base and see if all is well, or if I missed a request for documents or something...

I hope someone in this thread hears something before the end of the week! JEEZ!

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
spiritrac said:
Its very discouraging at times I am sure, but hang in there It will work out. it always does
I know it will. It's just been a rough few days. More family drama and no end in sight. I just need this over with before I lose my mind! :-[ :-\

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amaranth said:
You and I are in the exact same position. Nothing has been touched (according to our MP), and 2 enquiries have gone unacknowledged.

I'm trying sooo hard to stay positive, and recently I've done exceptionally well at that. Today has been absolutely depressing though.
Have you ever gotten a reply from Buffalo saying you are in process? We sent 4 emails, they answered only 2 of them, both times saying we are in process. Part of me really wants to believe that my MP was grossly misinformed, but seeing as your file hasn't been worked on yet either, the information he got must be right.

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
amaranth said:
I know it will. It's just been a rough few days. More family drama and no end in sight. I just need this over with before I lose my mind! :-[ :-\
Family ... Its always something with them, I have learned to put them in sections for I have found out they can be bittersweet. Wishing you well Amaranth.

Spent a considerable amount of time this morning reading immigration operations manuals and the updates it was very enlightening and interesting.

Spoke also to the Attorney's handling my son's file about the case status and medical redo. They informed us that the fact that Port of Spain asked for a new police clearance suggest that the case is nearing completion. I asked about the medicals and if we should redo them and was told not to worry about the medicals because sometimes VO's extend the validity of the medicals but if they need to they would send a specific form to have the medicals redone.

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
amaranth said:

Amaranth... I sent you a personal message take a look at it

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
spiritrac said:
Amaranth... I sent you a personal message take a look at it
:D

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kayan said:
Have you ever gotten a reply from Buffalo saying you are in process? We sent 4 emails, they answered only 2 of them, both times saying we are in process. Part of me really wants to believe that my MP was grossly misinformed, but seeing as your file hasn't been worked on yet either, the information he got must be right.
Not a peep. Not even the generic response everyone seemed to get.

This is what we got from our MP on Aug 8:

As per your request an enquiry into the status of your wife’s application for permanent residence was submitted.
The Department of Citizenship and Immigration provided our office the following information:
Ø Application for permanent residence currently processing at Canadian Embassy in Buffalo, USA
Ø Application was received on 26JAN11
Ø Background checks have not been initiated
Ø Officer has not reviewed this file for a selection decision

I've sent 2 enquiries of my own since then. Silence. I think the silence is the hardest part of all this, especially with the handful of people recently transferred and didn't find out till they did an enquiry!

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amaranth said:
Silence. I think the silence is the hardest part of all this
I used to think that before we heard from the MP this week. Now I am just deflated, ignorance is bliss indeed.

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
what hurts more is when we email Buffalo asking for update and all we get is a generic response. I feel guilty of sending emails to Buffalo as it goes on my record and I dont know if that impacts my case or not and all I get is ....You are in process.

The process already is so hidden, no clarity and to top it all we dont get to know via email also if everything is ok, all docs are in place or not

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
amaranth said:
Not a peep. Not even the generic response everyone seemed to get.

This is what we got from our MP on Aug 8:

As per your request an enquiry into the status of your wife's application for permanent residence was submitted.
The Department of Citizenship and Immigration provided our office the following information:
Ø Application for permanent residence currently processing at Canadian Embassy in Buffalo, USA
Ø Application was received on 26JAN11
Ø Background checks have not been initiated
Ø Officer has not reviewed this file for a selection decision

I've sent 2 enquiries of my own since then. Silence. I think the silence is the hardest part of all this, especially with the handful of people recently transferred and didn't find out till they did an enquiry!
Wow, that's absolutely incredible!!! How can buffalo be processing and sending out PPR's to other months if they haven't even started doing background checks, we really feel for you!!! For all December folk who are still waiting, it really is incredible!!!

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
buffalo-toronto said:
what hurts more is when we email Buffalo asking for update and all we get is a generic response. I feel guilty of sending emails to Buffalo as it goes on my record and I dont know if that impacts my case or not and all I get is ....You are in process.

The process already is so hidden, no clarity and to top it all we dont get to know via email also if everything is ok, all docs are in place or not
At this point, I'd love ANY response, generic or not. At least then I'd know someone actually saw the enquiry, and my messages weren't just eaten by the internet gremlins ;D

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amaranth said:
At this point, I'd love ANY response, generic or not. At least then I'd know someone actually saw the enquiry, and my messages weren't just eaten by the internet gremlins ;D
We got a response yesterday to an inquiry we sent on Monday, same old your application is in process, don't contact us, we'll contact you. Except, you know, it is not really in process...But you're right, it is better to get some sort of reply than no reply at all.

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
I'm still waiting and waiting... Getting more and more frustrated for every day that passes. My ecas has been updated to "in process" which is all I've heard so far. Our mp sent them a letter 2 months ago but has still not heard anything back... :(

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
I wonder if they're going to start transferring more of the december buffalo people to other offices, I mean if buffalo cant seem to do them then send them to offices that can.

I hate to say this but they need to stop working on all of the newer files and go back and clear up the old ones. They claim to 'process applications in the order they are received' but clearly that is not the case

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ellan said:
Our mp sent them a letter 2 months ago but has still not heard anything back... :(
That's odd. Our MP got back to us within 2 weeks of sending an inquiry to Buffalo. You should follow up if you can.