+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for December 2010 Applicants

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
We called him about one month ago and he said that he hadn't heard back. We called today again and left a msg...but I don't think he has heard back yet cause then he would prob let us know... Right? But I guess you never should trust politicians... ::)

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ellan said:
We called him about one month ago and he said that he hadn't heard back. We called today again and left a msg...but I don't think he has heard back yet cause then he would prob let us know... Right? But I guess you never should trust politicians... ::)
Yeah, I would be more proactive about it. I doubt he has not heard back yet. Our MP said that it would probably take one month for Buffalo to get back to him but like I said, he got back to us within 2 weeks. If he really did not hear anything back yet, maybe ask him to resubmit the request.

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Ok guys here is something I don't understand. I logged in to ecas this morning and this is what it said:

Sponsorship application status "in process" started processing on march 17th
Permanent residency application status: "in process" started processing on sep 12th...

So my question is: what's the difference between these two status??

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ellan said:
Ok guys here is something I don't understand. I logged in to ecas this morning and this is what it said:

Permanent residency application status: "in process" started processing on sep 12th...

Is March 17th your AOR date? amaranth and I got status updates saying our applications have been in process since our AOR dates. I think it has to do with the new system update and not the actual processing of applications since they still have not started processing my application according to what my MP found. Sept 12th is more likely the date they started processing your application.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ellan said:

They have just started processing your permanent resident application so you are on the home stretch

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
I guess this is better than no news :) our mp called today and said that the reason why they haven't responded yet is because they are under staffed at the immigration office due to cut backs from the government... :S

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ellan said:
I guess this is better than no news :) our mp called today and said that the reason why they haven't responded yet is because they are under staffed at the immigration office due to cut backs from the government... :S
Excuses, excuses ::)

If that's 100% true, then TRANSFER THE DAMN FILES!

I know there have indeed been cutbacks, but the only timeline I've seen go up recently is Mississauga. And yes, Buffalo is one of the busiest offices in general since they also handle all temp visas & whatnot, but seriously... It's not the staffing that irks me, it's the complete lack of organization and inability to follow its own guidelines! (We process applications in the order we receive them... Shenanigans!)

arunkumar_c

Apr 30, 2011
I am not through buffalo, but Singapore VO. Finally i see that they actually started processing on Sept 8th. Got some distance to go still. But atleast i know that they are looking into my file.

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
This is the respons our mp got back today.

The applicant's file has been processed by our office and is awaiting a background check and medical results. At this time we do not require any additional information from the applicant. Please note that the background checks can take 12-18 months. If the client does not hear from our office in the next year, she can contact the office for a status update.

That's crazy! What do they mean by one year??!!
Jeeez now I'm really mad!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Ellan said:

The applicant's file has been processed by our office and is awaiting a background check and medical results. At this time we do not require any additional information from the applicant. Please note that the background checks can take 12-18 months. If the client does not hear from our office in the next year, she can contact the office for a status update.

WHAT??? What (where) is your visa office?

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Buffalo visa office.

I'm thinking of ordering CAIPS notes. Does anyone know how to order those and how long it takes?

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Ellan said:
Buffalo visa office.

I'm thinking of ordering CAIPS notes. Does anyone know how to order those and how long it takes?
I cannot believe you have to wait that long!!! I hope someone else will shed some light for you.

Order your CAIPS/GCMS notes. http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

I will order mine too. So I don't know how much time before you get them. I heard that it is at least 6 weeks.

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Habibti said:
I cannot believe you have to wait that long!!! I hope someone else will shed some light for you.

Order your CAIPS/GCMS notes. http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

I will order mine too. So I don't know how much time before you get them. I heard that it is at least 6 weeks.

Thanks!

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
Ellan said:

Thats rediculas, so other people are flying through their apps and they're dragging their feet for december people 12-18 months? ya right they just want to take their sweet time and dont want you bugging them in the mean time.

They really need to pick up the pace in Buffalo, it used to be a great office to go to and now they are just ok only if you applyed after the new system was in place. They need to transfer more files and start working on the old ones they have.