Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
FloridaNative said:
Hi Everyone,

December/Buffalo applicant here. My Ecas says they received my app on Jan 19th and started processing it May 9th. We have not heard a word since. I have emailed case specific inquiry's with zero response. 2 weeks ago we ordered CAIPS notes. Still Nothing. We had been married for 3 years before we applied. Our application was complete and everything paid in advance.
i am extremely discouraged...
Make that 5 of us who actively post! FloridaNative, for some reason you are stuck in with the Jan folks on the Buffalo spreadsheet. Ask ddobro to update that for you! :)

I've sent 2 enquiries with no response also. Now that March is almost DONE, you'd think they could throw some love our way!

FloridaNative

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-10
AOR Received.
01-13-11
Please send some Love our my...I know...it just doesn't make since...

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-7-2011 Buffalo/ waiting on POS
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
amaranth said:
Thanks spiritrac. I hope so too :)

Is the police cert something POS always asks for later in the process as opposed to the FBI cert? (does POS even ask for an FBI cert?) It's a shame the offices don't ask for extra docs all at once instead of asking piece by piece... I hope this is it for your son, and the PPR will be the next request!

He does not need an FBI certificate and we had already sent a police certificate so my guess is they want a more recent one since the one they had was done in June 2010.
Our lawyer said that this should be the end of the processing so we are keeping our fingers crossed

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
So another week is here, I doubt we'll hear anything as our file was just sent to LA last week but my fingers are crossed for you all hopefully our group will get some pprs this week, or atleast some info on our files.

Though I must say Buffalo really needs to get their act together. We need these files to move forward. They have had the files for over 7 months now and not giving us any updates (no IAs) is unacceptable. I understand there was a backlog but it looks like they just hopped on the new files and left the dec/jan files to collect dust. I pray the pull it together and start working on the files they seem to have forgotten.

Trish1982

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
03-31-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 LA
We are still waiting too- My husband asked me to stop obsessively reading all these forums because they really do nothing but get me upset.
Seeing other people get PPR should make me happy and give me a sense of hope, but mostly it just makes me bitter lol Why we all got left behind,
I have no idea and we can only speculate, but it really isn't a good feeling is it? I try to come on every couple of days now, to check only this thread and the Buffalo thread. If I read more, it just makes me have a bad day :) lol Grrr Immigration I cant WAIT until it is over and done with!

We've been together since 2004. We have 2 children together, and have been married since 2008. We sent a shit ton of "proof" of our relationship,
no criminal record for the hubby and my job is amazing. --We thought for sure they would take a look at the hundreds of photos and that alone would be enough to
show we are in a genuine relationship....stamp and WOoo CANADA! but no, didn't quite happen that way. When we sent our application, based on all the research of timelines through buffalo that we did, we guessed we would have PPR and be landed as early as April and no later than July. HAH! Should have held onto my app for a few months then sent it, probably would have been landed by now. :/

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
10/2010
Trish1982 said:
We are still waiting too- My husband asked me to stop obsessively reading all these forums because they really do nothing but get me upset.
Seeing other people get PPR should make me happy and give me a sense of hope, but mostly it just makes me bitter lol Why we all got left behind,
I have no idea and we can only speculate, but it really isn't a good feeling is it? I try to come on every couple of days now, to check only this thread and the Buffalo thread. If I read more, it just makes me have a bad day :) lol Grrr Immigration I cant WAIT until it is over and done with!

We've been together since 2004. We have 2 children together, and have been married since 2008. We sent a *censored word* ton of "proof" of our relationship,
no criminal record for the hubby and my job is amazing. --We thought for sure they would take a look at the hundreds of photos and that alone would be enough to
show we are in a genuine relationship....stamp and WOoo CANADA! but no, didn't quite happen that way. When we sent our application, based on all the research of timelines through buffalo that we did, we guessed we would have PPR and be landed as early as April and no later than July. HAH! Should have held onto my app for a few months then sent it, probably would have been landed by now. :/
Ya I only really read this thread now and occasionally go to the Buffalo thread.

Its possable though that they've realized that they've made a big mistake and they will start transferring more files to the other offices. I'm hopeful that now I'm out of Buffalo the file might actually move (though I'm in trouble if they ask for an interview *fingers crossed they dont*) but we shall see.

My fingers crossed that you hear something soon :) and my prayers that we are all done with this process before December.

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trish1982 said:
When we sent our application, based on all the research of timelines through buffalo that we did, we guessed we would have PPR and be landed as early as April and no later than July. HAH! Should have held onto my app for a few months then sent it, probably would have been landed by now. :/
We also thought that we will be done with this process by the summer, but as I just found out, they have not even so much as looked at our application. It is ridiculous that it would have probably been processed faster had we withdrawn our application and resubmitted (don't know if it's possible, but still...). I will be so mad if I start seeing April applicants going through now...

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
kayan said:
We also thought that we will be done with this process by the summer, but as I just found out, they have not even so much as looked at our application. It is ridiculous that it would have probably been processed faster had we withdrawn our application and resubmitted (don't know if it's possible, but still...). I will be so mad if I start seeing April applicants going through now...
Kayan it could happen we have seen files completed in 4 months but hang in there yours could be next, we really don't know whose files they are working on and in what order so we have to stay composed and hopeful that ours would be next.
I filed my wife and son's application together my wife is landed and my son still says application received January 26, however we know that they are working on it because they have requested information on 3 occasions

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But they are not working on my file. My MP rep said there are no notes on our file at all so they have not done a single thing. So it is not that my husband has a complicated case and it is just taking more time because of that, it is just that they are being a bunch of disorganized #$%# and that really pisses me off.

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
10/2010
kayan said:
But they are not working on my file. My MP rep said there are no notes on our file at all so they have not done a single thing. So it is not that my husband has a complicated case and it is just taking more time because of that, it is just that they are being a bunch of disorganized #$%# and that really pisses me off.
If I were you I would find out how to go about filing a complaint and I would email mps, and the minister of immigration and bring it to their attention that your file has been there for 7-8 months and they haven't touched it. There is no excuse for the file being there for so long and no work done on it. (I suspect the same for my file but it has been moved to LA so im content for now) Also have you emailed them for status updates? if so and they told you it was 'in process' you can add that to your complaint and letters to MP and the Minister as well since it clearly was not.

Trish1982

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
03-31-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 LA
I wish my MP would do something for us, I had emailed him in July asking for help. His Rep wrote back and said she had forwarded the letter to someone else to look at and we have heard nothing from them.

So discouraging.

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
seems like these MP's are like most politicians "all smoke and no fire"

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kayan said:
You and I are in the exact same position. Nothing has been touched (according to our MP), and 2 enquiries have gone unacknowledged.

I'm trying sooo hard to stay positive, and recently I've done exceptionally well at that. Today has been absolutely depressing though.

spiritrac

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2011
File Transfer...
26-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Buffalo 8/31 POS TBD
LANDED..........
Sept 4,2011 POS Waiting
amaranth said:
You and I are in the exact same position. Nothing has been touched (according to our MP), and 2 enquiries have gone unacknowledged.

I'm trying sooo hard to stay positive, and recently I've done exceptionally well at that. Today has been absolutely depressing though.
Its very discouraging at times I am sure, but hang in there It will work out. it always does

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trish1982 said:
I wish my MP would do something for us, I had emailed him in July asking for help. His Rep wrote back and said she had forwarded the letter to someone else to look at and we have heard nothing from them.

So discouraging.
Can you call them? We had the same issue of our email being transferred between people with nothing happening. So we called them and got to speak to someone, though it still took him 2-3 months to agree to look into our file.