+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Common-Law Sponsorships! Share your Proof of Relationship...

silverbee

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2010
File Transfer...
August 15, 2010
Passport Req..
November 9, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
I thought I would start a thread for Common-Law Sponsorships! I want to get an idea of what kind of Proof everyone sends in.

I'm just about to mail in my application.

I just have a question about the Proof of Relationship for a common-law relationship. My boyfriend who is Canadian is sponsoring me - we've been living together for 2.5 years and dating for 3.5.

I am including:
A 25-page document with pictures inserted (in Word) with captions with about 50-60 pictures total that has an outline narrative of our relationship.
Joint Lease
Joint bank account
Joint adoption for our dog (no kids...)
Joint travel: E-tickets (and only two boarding passes from him - who keeps these?)
TONS of mail to our address together, including government, bank, phone, friends, cards to each other, bills, hydro, etc.
Phone Records shoring our correspondence the few times we were away and also when we were together
Emails between the two of us
List of gifts

Plus a Cover Letter which includes a relationship narrative with names of friends/family met, etc. and when I came to canada, etc., plus a table of contents to all addendums.

We are also including TWO Statutory Declarations and two additional emails from friends/family supporting our relationship. Is that enough?

I guess my question is, does my sponsor need to include something like a narrative, too? There are no more pictures left of the two of us that I have not used so I'm not sure what he should do.

Thank you for your help!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It sounds good. Your apouse can write a narrative of your relationship from his point of view, maybe discussing his feelings more than just the facts that you listed in yours. He doesn't have to add photos to his.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I didn't send in half of that and did not have any problem.

I sent no photo's or anything signed by anyone else.

All I did was answer the questions, send a joint bank statement and life insurance.

And that was it.

So, I believe, what you are sending, sounds perfect.

silverbee

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2010
File Transfer...
August 15, 2010
Passport Req..
November 9, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
canadianwoman said:
It sounds good. Your apouse can write a narrative of your relationship from his point of view, maybe discussing his feelings more than just the facts that you listed in yours. He doesn't have to add photos to his.
Thank you!

Do you know how many Statutory Declarations from friends/family one ought to send? I will have two notarized, and two other emails.

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silverbee said:
Thank you!

Do you know how many Statutory Declarations from friends/family one ought to send? I will have two notarized, and two other emails.
Thats definitely enough!

silverbee

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2010
File Transfer...
August 15, 2010
Passport Req..
November 9, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
Your application was done in TWO MONTHS? that's amazing!

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
I included about 100 photos or so of us with friends and family, on trips, holidays etc. Just a couple of shots of each event.

Joint lease

joint bank account

proof of beneficiary -life insurance and health and dental

evidence of joint travel and other activities (concert tickets etc).

Emails -I selected my top 25 and also included a further pile of about 150 more for them to review if they wish.

Phone bills showing our calls to each other.

Cards etc.

Narrative from my spouse (the sponsored person) setting out factual history of relationship.

Narrative from me, which discussed the facts to a lesser extent and was more about my feelings. There were no photos or attachments to my narrative.

2 statutory declarations.

about 10 or 15 letters of support (I do not think you actually need this many).

I think that was it.