Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
Wuhoooo..congradz Lovethai! The list is thinning out...

LoveThai

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-08-2010
File Transfer...
8-09-2010
Thanks every one... I wish whoever waiting for there PR will get it soon too... ;D

sourblush

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2010
AOR Received.
06-10-10
File Transfer...
15-09-2010
Interview........
13-12-10
Passport Req..
06-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-10
Hey guys,
scary but true :S:-/
My husband got a letter for an interview on Dec 13 :-/
OMG. We had emailed them 2 days back and they haven't responded. The letter requests more photos, a lot of additional documents, and me to be on the phone with them while his interview is conducted.
I am really scared. It is in the middle of my exams at uni:( sigh.
Also, they requested a lot of documents along with his passport. The problem is that his passport is already with them :-/ :S What is he supposed to do? Should he email them again and ask them if it was received? They haven't responded even to the first email yet. I am so scared right now. They have asked him to bring MY home address and HOME LANDLINE phone number with him. The thing is that as our parents do not know about the marriage yet(since they were against it), i am in a dilemma. I will just finish my exam when they will start interviewing him. I cannot be at home..but I can talk on the phone for sure, and my parents are at home. I do not want to talk at home. I have given out my cellphone number to on the application. Is that okay? How else are we supposed to prepare for the interview? What else would they ask us? I am reallly nervous. :( Please help.

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
sourblush said:
Hey guys,
OMG. We had emailed them 2 days back and they haven't responded. The letter requests more photos, a lot of additional documents, and me to be on the phone with them while his interview is conducted.
Also, they requested a lot of documents along with his passport. The problem is that his passport is already with them :-/ :S What is he supposed to do? Should he email them again and ask them if it was received? They haven't responded even to the first email yet. I am so scared right now. They have asked him to bring MY home address and HOME LANDLINE phone number with him. The thing is that as our parents do not know about the marriage yet(since they were against it), i am in a dilemma. I will just finish my exam when they will start interviewing him. I cannot be at home..but I can talk on the phone for sure, and my parents are at home. I do not want to talk at home. I have given out my cellphone number to on the application. Is that okay? How else are we supposed to prepare for the interview? What else would they ask us? I am reallly nervous. :( Please help.
I wish I could help, hun. I'm so sorry for the stress. Good luck and stay strong. Your relationship is genuine, so don't worry too much!

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
sourblush said:
Hey guys,
HI I think it is not bad but good news for you.
first you have to relax , and make your husband to relax too.
find a empty class at university and talk from there, or for more important, do not go for exam at that days because i think be with your lover more important, find place at friend and call for interview from there.
prepare for all other documents they have asked and send it. for the passport i am not sure but he can send email and remind them during the interview . anyway best luck for both of you

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
Still waiting for his passport to return to us. We didn't end up landing yesterday, but we will as soon as the passport comes back. We won't wait. It will be within days! I'll let you guys know once we've landed. ;)

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
We're still waiting to hear back from Buffalo :(

I spent the last week down in LA helping my husband pack his stuff and clean up. Took us 2.5 days to drive a uhaul up from LA to BC (omg that was such a long painful drive but we spent 2 nights in motels). After getting all his stuff jammed into a storage locker we loaded his car with his clothing, computer and cat and headed for Sumas to cross. It took about an hour at the border and they let him come into Canada as a visitor but only gave him 2 months :( The border guard did mention he could see our file was in process, so hopefully we'll get a PPR within the next two months.

nintenchris

Jun 6, 2010
Got my passport back from the London visa office... WITH MY VISA INSIDE!!!
As im in Canada right now we are heading down to the border to "flag pole" next week!!!
Anyone done that before? what do i need to take? what should i know?

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
nintenchris said:
Got my passport back from the London visa office... WITH MY VISA INSIDE!!!
As im in Canada right now we are heading down to the border to "flag pole" next week!!!
Anyone done that before? what do i need to take? what should i know?
Congrats! My husband and I will be doing the same thing as soon as our passport gets back.

The border told me to bring the visa (obviously) and a list of the goods you'll be bringing with you including how much it is all worth. If you don't declare it then, you'll pay taxes on the stuff when you try and bring it over. You don't have to bring all your stuff over right then, but you need to let them know the value of "goods to follow".

nintenchris

Jun 6, 2010
All my stuff is already here that i wanted to bring with me, which was basicly clothes and my xbox + games, so do i still need to write a list of things down?

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
Husband's passport with the visa came back today. They didn't use our $30 UPS envelope, so I need to stop by tomorrow and see if I can get most of it refunded.

Well, it's finally over for us. I have never felt more peaceful and carefree. Life can finally, finally begin. Over a year of being apart, and it's finally done. I never have to say goodbye to my husband again, and the 8 month period we didn't see each other is just a faint memory. We will be landing on Thursday the 2nd. I will make my final post that night.

Thank you all for your support, information and advice. <3

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
Alright, guys. This is probably my last post here.

My husband landed at the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon. It was an amazing experience, and we were so very happy to go through it FINALLY. Welcoming my husband to Canada felt like a dream come true. And I am glad to say it is finally over.

I am extremely grateful for all the support and advice you all have offered me. It's time for my husband and I to finally start our life together. I wish you all speedy process times, and look forward to your own happy endings.

Peace.