+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for August Applications :)

Worried and Confused!

Apr 9, 2010
Hi all
I wonder if anyone can help me. I received this email today. But I sent them the original police clearances. UK and Australia, I have never lived in the states, where I assume they are taking about? Freaking out slightly!

Dear Applicant,
In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents stated below. Unless specified to the contrary, send clear, legible photocopies rather that the original documents. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation in addition to a photocopy of the original document. All of the forms listed below can be found on our website at www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca .
* Original Police certificates from FBI
Please forward all requested documents together within 60 days from the date of this email. If we do not hear from you within that period, we shall assume that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your file will be closed. Please allow 3-4 months for us to review incoming correspondence. All documents submitted in support of your application are subject to verification with the issuing authority. If you fail to provide the requested items within the time period specified, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information already before the officer. Failure to provide the additional information could result in the refusal of your application.
Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. On all correspondence sent to the High Commission, please quote your file number on the letter and again on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
We look forward to hearing from you within 60 days.
Sincerely,

I really hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks

Laura

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
Perfect said:
Thanks for the info Nelly72, he does not know of any pre-existing conditions, the doctor had told him everything was okay. The only thing I know was the Appendix A form he did not sign and it was returned to me from the DMO, so considering CIC is big on signatures maybe thats what it is..will keep you posted!
Hi guys,

So my hubby saw the DMP yesterday and YES it was the missing signature. CIC Pretoria could not retrieve his meds from Nairobi because he had not authorized the release of his results on his forms. Oh well..part of his letter actually said that CIC cannot proceed with the processing of his file until they receive the medicals. I really wonder what stage they are at such that they cant even work on it whist waiting for the medz geez!! Anyways..hopefully everything is going to be ok from this point!

paris_roc

Aug 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-*

I just Skyped on webcam with my husband, and he was hiding it from me when we messaged on Skype chat at work today, that he had gotten him passport back with the Visa yesterday!!!!He waited until we would see each other so that he could tell me and show me it! I am not going to be able to sleep tonight!! Now, he just needs a plane ticket!! I am so happy this is over!!!Too many exclamations in this paragraph!!!

Thanks guys and girls for all of your help and moral support here, it really makes a difference. This has been the hardest experience in my life, but I feel as though I can take on the new challenges which we will face in our new life together. I hope everyone has a fast and easy journey in getting their decisions.

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paris_roc said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-*

I just Skyped on webcam with my husband, and he was hiding it from me when we messaged on Skype chat at work today, that he had gotten him passport back with the Visa yesterday!!!!He waited until we would see each other so that he could tell me and show me it! I am not going to be able to sleep tonight!! Now, he just needs a plane ticket!! I am so happy this is over!!!Too many exclamations in this paragraph!!!

Thanks guys and girls for all of your help and moral support here, it really makes a difference. This has been the hardest experience in my life, but I feel as though I can take on the new challenges which we will face in our new life together. I hope everyone has a fast and easy journey in getting their decisions.
What a surprise!! :D Congrats paris-roc!!

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Paris_roc this is great news! Congrats!! Please let us know when you land!

LoveThai

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-08-2010
File Transfer...
8-09-2010
Hi, guys
Congrats!! to everyone who get PR... ;D Singapore is very slow.... :(

StillSmilin

Star Member
Aug 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
AOR Received.
29-09-2010
File Transfer...
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
30-07-2010
Interview........
Waived! 15-10-2010
Passport Req..
08-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2010
LANDED..........
10-03-2011
Congratulations paris_roc! That is fantastic news!

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
Congradz paris-roc, way to go!!!

B

buddhadimple

Worried and Confused! said:
Hi all
I wonder if anyone can help me. I received this email today. But I sent them the original police clearances. UK and Australia, I have never lived in the states, where I assume they are taking about? Freaking out slightly!

Dear Applicant,
In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents stated below. Unless specified to the contrary, send clear, legible photocopies rather that the original documents. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation in addition to a photocopy of the original document. All of the forms listed below can be found on our website at www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca .
Please forward all requested documents together within 60 days from the date of this email. If we do not hear from you within that period, we shall assume that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your file will be closed. Please allow 3-4 months for us to review incoming correspondence. All documents submitted in support of your application are subject to verification with the issuing authority. If you fail to provide the requested items within the time period specified, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information already before the officer. Failure to provide the additional information could result in the refusal of your application.
Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. On all correspondence sent to the High Commission, please quote your file number on the letter and again on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Sincerely,

Thanks

Laura

That is very worrying!! Was that an e-mail that they sent you? I would reply and ask for clarification. Anyone else hear of this?

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
Anyone receive any news?

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
Worried and Confused! said:
Hi all

Dear Applicant,
Sincerely,

Thanks

Laura
they need your * Original Police certificates from FBI and they send you the link for it . if you had already send it, make sure because my lawyer he said he does, then it app ere he did not .
if I were you I ll send email asking for more details.

B

buddhadimple

Nope - still waiting!

I thought we'd hear something on Monday and when we didn't I was really hoping for today (whether it's a Passport or Docs Request)!

It really should be any day now if it's going to be on the same timeline as the other London applicants.

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
People who have been transferred to Detroit have been getting PPR within a month of transfer, so I am on the watch. :p Me and my husband are holding on tight for PPR. :3

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
This wait is horrible. Buffalo has had the "requested documents" for a couple weeks now.

Thinking of getting my husband to send in a case specific email asking to confirm they received them (we know they got to the building because of tracking).

*sigh*

Holidaylove

Star Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/08/2010
Doc's Request.