AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
i sent in the requested additional documents last Tuesday and they sent me an email acknowledging receipt today and said :your application is currently with a visa officer.

hope to hear good news from them soon....

B-Nation

Sep 25, 2012
Noticed on E-cas that my home address has changed to Toronto. Im currently living in Toronto so the home address they put was my complete address.

Status still says In Progress... has been for nearly 2 months

matthew_fitzy

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-03-2013
Is anyone planning on having their goods shipped when they are successful? I am trying to decide if it is worth it, what to bring and how much. At this stage pretty much all of my things will be going to my brother who is moving out of home about the time I will be leaving. I was however considering bringing our king size bed, large lounge suite, about 10 boxes and a flat packed dining table setting. All of these things amounted to about $3500 to Vancouver from door to door via shared container.

Since receiving this quote we have decided to do away with the bed (it is more than 15 years old) and will just have to buy a new one in Canada. The lounge suite is a large 4 piece U shape setting which cost us $1000 second hand, in as new condition - it retails for $2000 new. I was looking at furniture online at The Brick and can get a brand new one similar for about $1000. If we do decide to sell the lounge suite and bed prior to leaving, this will drastically decrease the amount of space needed in the container, leaving only a few boxes, which I then have to decide if it is at all worth bringing via a transport company or finding alternate means of shipping it?

None of our belongings have sentimental value. I am really stuck trying to decide what to do. What are you guys doing?

freezing_aussie

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
I would really ask around for shipping recommendations as quotes can vary a LOT. I paid $700 to ship 1 cubic metre from Melbourne to the east coast. It was mostly books. I didn't dare ship household items as I didn't have PR when the boxes arrived.

I wouldn't bother with furniture unless it has huge sentimental value. You are better off selling it and putting the money toward replacing the items at the other end.

B-Nation

Sep 25, 2012
I just received an email which seems to be my PPR. The subject line is

XXXXXXX - Permanent residence of Canada

Dear XXXXX

Your application is in the final stage of processing. In order to issue Permanent Residence visas, you are asked to complete and return Appendix ‘B’(attached) and the following instructions as indicated for yourself and each family member included on your application:

Confirm your current passport details: AUSTRALIA XXXXXXXXXX. Once we have received confirmation of these details and the Appendix B form we can finalise your application.

On Appendix B it says, complete the form and return the original to us with your passport copies.

right in the middle of the email there is a Appendix A which talks about submitting your passport - i assume this part doesn't apply to me.

It asks for a return address for my documentation - i currently reside in Canada (work visa) however im going home for Xmas. maybe ill put my Aussie address so i get all the docs sent there since ill be there.

jun479

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 21,2012
File Transfer...
Aug 21,2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Sep 1, 2012; we requested for 2nd ppr - still waiting. Went in process on ecas on sep 26, 2012
B-Nation said:
I just received an email which seems to be my PPR. The subject line is

XXXXXXX - Permanent residence of Canada

Dear XXXXX

Your application is in the final stage of processing. In order to issue Permanent Residence visas, you are asked to complete and return Appendix ‘B'(attached) and the following instructions as indicated for yourself and each family member included on your application:

Confirm your current passport details: AUSTRALIA XXXXXXXXXX. Once we have received confirmation of these details and the Appendix B form we can finalise your application.

On Appendix B it says, complete the form and return the original to us with your passport copies.

right in the middle of the email there is a Appendix A which talks about submitting your passport - i assume this part doesn't apply to me.

It asks for a return address for my documentation - i currently reside in Canada (work visa) however im going home for Xmas. maybe ill put my Aussie address so i get all the docs sent there since ill be there.

Congrats, did they specify any date for submission ??

BR
Jun

matthew_fitzy

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-03-2013
freezing_aussie said:
I would really ask around for shipping recommendations as quotes can vary a LOT. I paid $700 to ship 1 cubic metre from Melbourne to the east coast. It was mostly books. I didn't dare ship household items as I didn't have PR when the boxes arrived.

I wouldn't bother with furniture unless it has huge sentimental value. You are better off selling it and putting the money toward replacing the items at the other end.
Conroy Removals seem to be most competitive, and best priced. They were the only company to send a rep to our house so far away from the estimated leave date. $3500 was for about 10-12 cubic metres to the west coast - I am curious to see what the amended costs will be with just a few boxes of clothes and a computer and monitors. Certainly cheaper than Air Canada who want $70 for a second checked bag and then $225 per each additional "bag" (overweight/oversize fees not applicable when this amount is paid).

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
hi all,

I got this email as well:

Dear XXXXX
Your application is in the final stage of processing. In order to issue Permanent Residence visas, you are asked to complete and return Appendix ‘B’(attached) and the following instructions as indicated for yourself and each family member included on your application:

Confirm your current passport details: AUSTRALIA xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Once we have received confirmation of these details and the Appendix B form we can finalise your application.
YOUR PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA WILL BE VALID FOR TRAVEL UNTIL: 17 JULY 2013

Important notes about Visa and Passport validity: You should ensure that everyone in your family has a passport valid for a minimum of 12 months from the date of the most recent full medical examination. Visas can only be issued to a maximum validity of 12 months from the date of the medical examination. (If your family has medical examinations on different dates, the validity of your visas will be 12 months from the date of the first medical examination). However, if any one of your passports expire before 12 months from the date of the medical examination, your visas will expire on the date of the first passport to expire. If your passports are due to expire, it is in your interest to obtain new or updated passports to ensure your visas are issued with maximum validity.

You are required to provide this information before: 20 DECEMBER 2012. Failure to provide this information may result in your application being refused. If you need to renew passports please advise our office of the expected delay.

You must report any changes to your marital status or family composition immediately. Once a visa is issued, dependants cannot be included on your application for Permanent Residence. Failure to declare all dependants prior to visa issuance may result in permanent separation as undeclared dependants will be ineligible for future sponsorship. Please contact our office if you have any questions concerning this condition.

Applicants or their dependants who have become pregnant during the processing of their application should be aware that they will have to enter Canada before the birth of the child. If you do not believe that you will be able to enter Canada before the birth of the child YOU MUST ADVISE OUR OFFICE IMMEDIATELY, with a doctor’s letter confirming the pregnancy and the expected due date of the baby. Do not send us your passports. We will advise you of your options.

Do NOT commit to any travel plans, purchase tickets, or take irrevocable action such as selling property, or terminate employment until you have received your passports and immigration visas.

Submission And Dispatch Of Passports: APPENDIX ‘A’

Û SUBMISSION:

We recommend you send your passports to this office by a secure/traceable method such as registered post or pre-paid courier. Please record the consignment numbers for tracking, we do not send a confirmation that passports have been received.

NOTE: You must send your passport(s) to the Sydney Visa Office for issuance as we are the office responsible for the processing of your application. It is not possible to have your visa issued by an alternate Visa Office Abroad or by CIC within Canada.

Allow 5-10 working days for the processing of your visa(s)

Send your passport(s) to:

Consulate General of Canada

Level 5, 111 Harrington Street

Sydney NSW 2000

Australia

In person:

Submit your passport(s) in-person to the Immigration Receptionist at: Level 6, 111 Harrington Street, Sydney NSW. Our reception desk is open Monday to Thursday from 09:00 to 12:00 (excluding public holidays).

Û DISPATCH:

Your passport(s) will be returned to you by this office using Registered Post or International Registered Post via Australia Post, unless you have selected an alternate method in Appendix B.

In person:

Applicants residing in the greater Sydney metropolitan region will be required to collect passport/s in person at our office. We will contact you by telephone when your visa is ready for collection.

If you have appointed a representative to collect documents on your behalf, please provide this person with the receipt and a letter, signed by you, which clearly authorizes them to collect your documents. We cannot release documents to someone else without these two items.

Pre-Paid Express Post (Australia Only)

Self addressed Australia Post Platinum Express post (3kg satchel) are acceptable for the return of passport(s) within Australia. Express Post (regular) is not.

Pre-Paid Courier

If you indicate courier delivery on the attached Appendix ‘B’ form, your passport and accompanying documents will be returned to you by courier. We require you to provide us your account number with a courier company in your country at the time of the submission of your passport (s).

Notes of Commonly Used Courier Services:

§ DHL: you must provide a valid DHL account number and a copy of receipt and letter from the DHL office/booking office.

§ FEDEX: you must provide a valid FEDEX account number. The name & address on the airway bill must match the account number being used. FEDEX Australia will not collect when credit card details are listed as payment on the airway bill.

§ TNT: you must provide a valid TNT account number. The Name & address on the airway Bill must match the account number being used

§ UPS: you must provide a valid account number. If you purchase a courier through a UPS store, you must include a copy of the receipt of purchase (to show charges paid) ensure you submit a UPS satchel or UPS Legal Sized envelope – smaller l envelopes cannot be used.

Be aware: If the courier you provide is not pre-paid your passport(s) and visa documentation will automatically be returned to you by Registered Post

International Postal Coupons or similar are not acceptable and cannot be used.

Regards,

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
sydney.immigration@international.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone: +61 2 93643050
Facsimile | Télécopieur: +61 2 93643099
Level 5, 111 Harrington Street / 5e étage, 111 rue Harrington
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia | Australie

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
B-Nation, congrats, looks like we both have the same email at the same time!!!

I think we still need to submit our passport, so I'll be going down to their office tomorrow. Let's hope everything finishes before December, yay!

matthew_fitzy

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-03-2013
Congratulations guys! So now it's time for you to send your passports! Is your appendix B form and confirmation of current passport details supposed to go in the same parcel as the passport?

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Congrats Minie and B-nation!!!
I have updated the spreadsheet.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
matthew_fitzy said:
Congratulations guys! So now it's time for you to send your passports! Is your appendix B form and confirmation of current passport details supposed to go in the same parcel as the passport?
I'm going to bring both down to them tomorrow, it's quicker and safer that way. I don't trust Australia Post that much after they lost my shoes... :)

Rachiy, thanks for the update! hope you guys will hear good news soon!

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
if you read the email they sent me, they want us to send in the original passport right? COs I sent a photocopied set of it together with the requested documents earlier on, but they didn't say anything about photocopied passport.

or am i reading the wrong thing???

matthew_fitzy

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-03-2013
miniejungle said:
if you read the email they sent me, they want us to send in the original passport right? COs I sent a photocopied set of it together with the requested documents earlier on, but they didn't say anything about photocopied passport.

or am i reading the wrong thing???
Certainly, they need your actual passport so that they can stick in the visa.

Please let me know how you go tomorrow when you drop the passport off, and if they give you a time frame? I live just outside of the Sydney metro area (Wollongong) and would like to know if it is quicker to deliver it personally.

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
yeah that seems to be different from what I though. I had heard that since australia is a visa exempt country we only need to submit photocopies of every page.... that's what other australian applicants had done in the past.... hmmmm

I really hope they don't need the real passport sent since we are both in toronto and will be travelling to the Uk soon, I'm scared to send it all the way to sydney!