+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applications sent OCTOBER 2009

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kierra said:
yay, hubby in Canada received my AOR and the initial assessment today posted Nov. 11th. My interview has been waived. I suppose it all means nothing YET, but it sure feels good to get something. =)
Hey Kierra- Are you going through Buffalo?
When did they update that medicals were recieved, and what do you mean by "initial assesment"? I am feeling discouraged as our sponsorship was approved Oct 26, Buffalo started processing Nov 4 but all we have recieved is AOR. No updates on medicals which for some reason concerns me as IF there were any problems with their retrieving medicals from Ottawa, they dont let you know.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
they might have received the medicals short after they started working on your application. more likely they will update info about it when the status of your case will become decision made.

kierra

Jul 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I am going through Buffalo. My medicals were done back in August ahead of time so I assume they were forwarded to Buffalo. So first day showing that Buffalo started processing was Oct. 30th (on ecas) and it said medicals have been received at that point. I used my husbands address for my mailing address so they sent the AOR and initial assessment to him... the assessment was dated Nov. 11th.

kierra

Jul 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh, sorry. from what i understand, initial assessment is just that. they have looked at my file and concluded that at this point they dont think I will need to be interviewed... but I have been with my husband for 11 years and married since 2003 and we have a child together.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hehehe, I wish we all had such an easy case. :)

kierra said:
oh, sorry. from what i understand, initial assessment is just that. they have looked at my file and concluded that at this point they dont think I will need to be interviewed... but I have been with my husband for 11 years and married since 2003 and we have a child together.

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kierra said:
Yes, I am going through Buffalo. My medicals were done back in August ahead of time so I assume they were forwarded to Buffalo. So first day showing that Buffalo started processing was Oct. 30th (on ecas) and it said medicals have been received at that point. I used my husbands address for my mailing address so they sent the AOR and initial assessment to him... the assessment was dated Nov. 11th.
Thanks for the info. My spouse did his medicals on Sept 12, so I feel like should have been available for sometime now. I just hate that we have no update regarding medicals...but it seems they do every case different...NO consistency.

So far, the process has been super speedy and our case is very straight forward (been together 6 years, common law for 1 yr, tons of proof, no children or previous marriages) so I was hoping this part will be speedy as well. Just have to wait and see I guess!

kierra

Jul 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok so I got my husband to scan the letter and send me a copy of the initial assessment. all looks fine, no interview, no additional documents required... BUT lol isn't there always a but. on the medical section there is a X marked for myself and my daughter.... medical results have been received. for my two sons however, there is a X on the box that says.... we have the receipt that medicals were performed however we have not received the results. How did they get separated? we did them at the same time. does this happen sometimes?

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kierra said:
Ok so I got my husband to scan the letter and send me a copy of the initial assessment. all looks fine, no interview, no additional documents required... BUT lol isn't there always a but. on the medical section there is a X marked for myself and my daughter.... medical results have been received. for my two sons however, there is a X on the box that says.... we have the receipt that medicals were performed however we have not received the results. How did they get separated? we did them at the same time. does this happen sometimes?
Yes, I have definitely heard of this happening. As a matter of fact robsluv (a frequent and knowledgable poster on several immigration websites had this happen to her) and she faxed a letter to the Ottawa Regional Medical Office to inquire if they had received the medicals and they replied back in a day confirming that they had and they would forward them to Buffalo.

The fax number is 613-954-6211. Basically your DMP forwards the medicals to Ottawa. When Buffalo is ready, they request the medicals from Ottawa, so I am guessing what happened is that they requested medicals for all of you, and Ottawa only sent a couple of them? If you included your receipts of medicals, that would be how Buffalo knows they have been completed. I think faxing Ottawa is your best best, and reference exactly what Buffalo said regarding the outstanding medicals for your two sons, and request them to send them asap to Buffalo.

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
Letter arrived, approved to sponsor!

After obsessively watching our mailbox - YIPEE - today we got the letter confirming that I am approved to sponsor my husband (is this the AOR, or is that something from the Visa Office?). It also says the file has been transferred to Berlin, hopefully we'll see that on ecas someday soon. So encouraging to get these little signs that things are happening. One more step closer, Champagne breakfast this morning!!!

Cheers,
TLH

Juche

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2009
AOR Received.
17-11-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2010
we know how you feel, that one step closer feeling. Well done. The AOR is what your hubby gets from his VO in Berlin, it will state that his application is undergoing processing.

stephjing

Nov 10, 2009
my wife got the AOR today and also a request to send her passport as soon as possible, could Beijing be that quick? I got approved as sponsor less than 3 weeks ago.... isn't that a nice feeling to have!!! :eek:)

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
stephjing said:
my wife got the AOR today and also a request to send her passport as soon as possible, could Beijing be that quick? I got approved as sponsor less than 3 weeks ago.... isn't that a nice feeling to have!!! :eek:)
Thats good news!!!!!

It seems like October has been different. Another person posted i think from Manilla that they were requested to send there passport in.....

hopefully things are rolling smoothly at al visa offices...

:)

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
stephjing said:
What does your ECAS status say??