05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
shmuhahaha said:
Great news on our end! My wife got her passport back with Visa stamped.

Feb 01,2010: Passport Received at the Consulate(Next day USPS)
Feb 10,2010: Got Passport back with Visa Stamped[/color][/size][/i]
what exactly do they stamp in the passport?

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asta said:
what exactly do they stamp in the passport?

Basically, it is a visa stamp in some glossy cover. They stay: Visa category as IMM-1, Date of expiry:It is the date her medical expire etc..

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
Still no passport back with the visa stamp... we sent it two weeks ago tomorrow. So I'm hoping we'll get it back sometime next week! We are applying through London and from what I've heard it usually takes 2-3 weeks to get it back.

I'm glad all we have to worry about now is saving up enough money to make the move! (Well, as "glad" as one can be worrying about that - but at least we know my husband is coming with me in May!)

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got PPR email . :)
Anyone ever been to Detroit for stamping in person ?
I have two questions
1.> How many days/hours it takes to get the passport back in case you go in-person?
2.> Is there any particular day of week we are supoose to go?

ritosgirl

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-30-09
AOR Received.
24-02-10
File Transfer...
28-01-10 (New York)
Med's Done....
21-10-09
Passport Req..
09-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2010
catchvb!! congrats on the ppr!!! :) how incredibly exciting!!

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ritosgirl

Thanks. I could not belive at first when I read that mail.It was a quick response from Detroit.
Hopefully you should get one by end of this month.

ritosgirl said:
catchvb!! congrats on the ppr!!! :) how incredibly exciting!!

ritosgirl

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-30-09
AOR Received.
24-02-10
File Transfer...
28-01-10 (New York)
Med's Done....
21-10-09
Passport Req..
09-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2010
catchvb... i hope that we receive one soon too!! they really did move fast!!! i had requested for my husband's pr application to go to detroit! sheesh... hopefully there is a good reason why they went to new york instead! i'm starting to wonder whether or not they have received my husband's medicals... there is nothing about medicals on ecas. perhaps i should contact the doctor and ask where it is that they sent the medicals to... and then even fax ottawa and ask them send the medical stuff off to new york? eek!

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ritosgirl
You are right. Medical report might be the reason. Check with your doctor and then with Ottawa is they have your medical report and ask them to send to NY.Also email NY if they have received your medical.

In my case I sent medical 3.5 months before I sent file to CPC-M so they already had my medical report by the time they received the application. So when Buffalo received my application they updated e-cas"In Process- Medical received"

Generally it takes 3 months to receive it from the day DMP sends the medical report .
I have a feeling you will get it PPR very soon. All the best.

ritosgirl said:
catchvb... i hope that we receive one soon too!! they really did move fast!!! i had requested for my husband's pr application to go to detroit! sheesh... hopefully there is a good reason why they went to new york instead! i'm starting to wonder whether or not they have received my husband's medicals... there is nothing about medicals on ecas. perhaps i should contact the doctor and ask where it is that they sent the medicals to... and then even fax ottawa and ask them send the medical stuff off to new york? eek!

minx83

Sep 2, 2009
Tillsonburg, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb - Sorry I didn't get back to you on that question, I was on vacation. But it seems you have everything in order now! Congrats on the PPR! I'm starting to wonder why I haven't got one from Detroit yet! My file was transferred Jan 26!

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
@ ritosgirl

Thanks. I could not belive at first when I read that mail.It was a quick response from Detroit.
Hopefully you should get one by end of this month.
Great News CatchVB...Patience and Perserverance is the key..I'm so happy for you...Congrats buddy!!!

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@minx83

Thanks. Probably my application date is (Nov-05)earlier than your's that might be the reason or they might be waiting for medical .
But do not worry they will send you PPR very very soon if you have all the documents with it.
Wait for 2 weeks and email them they are quick to reply.

minx83 said:
catchvb - Sorry I didn't get back to you on that question, I was on vacation. But it seems you have everything in order now! Congrats on the PPR! I'm starting to wonder why I haven't got one from Detroit yet! My file was transferred Jan 26!

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ shmuhahaha

Thanx. My wife already sent her Passport to the embassy probably they will get on Monday.

It was really great as my wife is in US and her tourist visa to Canada was getting expired on March 5th. Her spring break starts on the same day and we were not sure what to do. Whether to apply for new tourist visa or not? And we got email from Detroit. I am really thankful to God.I hope Detroit returns back her passport soon and she can come and spend her spring break with me :)

shmuhahaha said:
Great News CatchVB...Patience and Perserverance is the key..I'm so happy for you...Congrats buddy!!!

gteacher

Nov 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wife's passport - with Visa in it - was delivered today. Gotta love Saturday afternoon deliveries.

Tickets are now bought and the family will be in Canada for March 1st.

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
@ shmuhahaha

Thanx. My wife already sent her Passport to the embassy probably they will get on Monday.

It was really great as my wife is in US and her tourist visa to Canada was getting expired on March 5th. Her spring break starts on the same day and we were not sure what to do. Whether to apply for new tourist visa or not? And we got email from Detroit. I am really thankful to God.I hope Detroit returns back her passport soon and she can come and spend her spring break with me :)
Buffalo sent us within 10 days..Hopefully Detroit the same. I wish your wife lands before March Break :) Take care and thanks for all your help..

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gteacher said:
Wife's passport - with Visa in it - was delivered today. Gotta love Saturday afternoon deliveries.

Tickets are now bought and the family will be in Canada for March 1st.
Congrats gteacher!!