Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
Putting your timeline in your "signature"

Hi all my November buddies,
Alas, nothing updated for us this week, tick-tock, tick-tock... A bit anxious that our application will be delayed anyways because our marriage was in Ontario and we haven't gotten our certificate yet (10 weeks!!! We should've gone to Vegas!) so that could be around Christmas, and it might hold up the show.

I wanted to make a general request of my fellow forum members: just to make it easier for all of us to keep your visa/office and timelines in our minds when we read your posts, why not modify your forum "signature" so that every time you post, your visa office and timeline appears at the bottom (like mine and some of the others). It gives context to your postings and also helps people remember who you are.

Just click on "PROFILE" on the top menu bar of the page from anywhere in the forum, then you'll see options on the left side of your screen, click on "Forum Profile Information" and you can modify your signature there. Update it whenever something changes, and when you do, the new information will appear even on your old posts. Keeping it up to date will help everyone looking at this forum!

Oh and Sulo, did you check trackitt.com? You might find some more there, or immigration.ca perhaps?

Monarch, I dunno the answer to your question but if you go to the post office to send it, they will tell you whether xpresspost can be delivered to a PO Box or not.

Cheers, and good luck everyone,
TLH

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
We sent our spousal application Nov. 9th and it's now Nov. 25th - our case status is still "not found" when I check on eCAS... should I be worried?? The max. delivery time it would take, according to the company we sent it with, is 6 working days. So at the latest, assuming there were no delays (or god forbid, it's gotten lost in the mail) it should have arrived Nov. 17th or so. Does it take them a week from receiving the application in the mail to beginning to process it?

How long did it take everyone from when they got word of the CPC receiving it (I mean for those who used tracking numbers) to when their application status came online or they got a letter saying CIC received it? Am I worrying about nothing? I just really, really hope it hasn't got lost in the mail... :(

ritosgirl

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-30-09
AOR Received.
24-02-10
File Transfer...
28-01-10 (New York)
Med's Done....
21-10-09
Passport Req..
09-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2010
ekristensen said:
We sent our spousal application Nov. 9th and it's now Nov. 25th - our case status is still "not found" when I check on eCAS... should I be worried?? The max. delivery time it would take, according to the company we sent it with, is 6 working days. So at the latest, assuming there were no delays (or god forbid, it's gotten lost in the mail) it should have arrived Nov. 17th or so. Does it take them a week from receiving the application in the mail to beginning to process it?

How long did it take everyone from when they got word of the CPC receiving it (I mean for those who used tracking numbers) to when their application status came online or they got a letter saying CIC received it? Am I worrying about nothing? I just really, really hope it hasn't got lost in the mail... :(
ekristensen, i don't think that you should be too worried. my paperwork was received (and signed for) at cpc-m on october 30th, i was first able to log onto ecas until november 17th, showing that it was "in process" and it wasn't until yesterday (november 24) that it was updated to "decision made". give it a few more weeks... :)

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
ritosgirl said:
ekristensen, i don't think that you should be too worried. my paperwork was received (and signed for) at cpc-m on october 30th, i was first able to log onto ecas until november 17th, showing that it was "in process" and it wasn't until yesterday (november 24) that it was updated to "decision made". give it a few more weeks... :)
Thanks so much for your reply, ritosgirl. I was really curious what others had experienced in how long it had taken from them receiving an application to processing it, just for a rough guide on what to expect. It's fair enough having processing times and all that, but it's all these little in between bits that I worry about! I'm sure I'll be fine once I know they've actually received our application :)

Do you know the decision yet or do you have to wait for the letter to specify which decision it was that was made?

ritosgirl

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-30-09
AOR Received.
24-02-10
File Transfer...
28-01-10 (New York)
Med's Done....
21-10-09
Passport Req..
09-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2010
ekristensen...
i should receive a letter any day now... but, because i am ridiculously impatient i called cpc-mississauga and the very kind call center lady told me that my application to sponsor has been approved! and was sent to buffalo on the 23rd of november.
waiting isn't fun... however, i think that if you check ecas on this upcoming tuesday... there might be an update! :)

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ritosgirl

How did you contact CPC-M? I tried the 888 or 800 number atleast 10-15 times and everytime after pressing all the options I get the mssge all the agents are busy call some other time we can not transfer your call at this time. Still no update for me :-(

gteacher

Nov 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

We sent our application from South Korea on the 18th. Now we are 'patiently' waiting for the process to begin.

Pablojinko

Oct 30, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas, Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2009
Here's my case... our file was received 04/11 in Mississauga, and last friday (20/11) I received a call from immigration requesting me to send them via fax a copy of both sides of my permanent residence card. I sent it right away. I guess that means that they already opened my file and a decision should be made by now, but as today I have no news.

If I enter ecas the system says that it cannot find my file, so I guess is not in the system yet. Should I get worried, shouldn't a decision have been made by now? I'm getting really anxious with the waiting =(

sulo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2009
File Transfer...
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010
Re: Putting your timeline in your "signature"

Thanks TLH,
I did check both trackkit.com. and immigration.ca. There's just an entry from 2006. Hopefully they'll process the application faster than it says in CIC.
TC.
Sulo.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Pablojinko said:
Here's my case... our file was received 04/11 in Mississauga, and last friday (20/11) I received a call from immigration requesting me to send them via fax a copy of both sides of my permanent residence card. I sent it right away. I guess that means that they already opened my file and a decision should be made by now, but as today I have no news.

If I enter ecas the system says that it cannot find my file, so I guess is not in the system yet. Should I get worried, shouldn't a decision have been made by now? I'm getting really anxious with the waiting =(
You should not be worried. At the moment, Mississauga takes 31 days on average to process sponsorship applications, so give them some more time... :)

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
KL8N said:
Thanx Hobo. Just updated mine now. Tic Toc
LOL, thanks for keeping it light KL8N (is that Martian spelling for Clayton?)!

We didn't see anything on ecas until Nov 13th, but that might have actually been speeded up by the fact that I called to confirm I had put in my new address, then when they updated the address it suddenly appeared online...

That's a bummer Sulo, I'm surprised there aren't more! Perhaps there are other non-English (ie local) sites around South Asia where people are sharing their info? Or maybe posting on forums is not such a popular idea there??? But it really surprises me! I'm sure you're not the only one!

Cheers,
TLH

kittty

Oct 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monarch said:
My daughter is hoping to send her outland application, family class soon. If it is sent xpress post and you want them to sign for it do you send it to the PO Box or the street address?
Looking forward to joining the November or December timeline soon.
Hi Monarch
I've heard that people have sent their applications by courier to both addresses and haven't heard of any problems with either. We sent to the street address- Robert Speck Parkway, and UPS tracking shows it was delivered. Hope that helps.

KL8N

Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How are you guys signing in to E-CAS without having heard anything from Mississauga? I tried to log in but it said I need an I.D number or something... I am missing something here? (><)

ritosgirl

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-30-09
AOR Received.
24-02-10
File Transfer...
28-01-10 (New York)
Med's Done....
21-10-09
Passport Req..
09-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2010
KL8N said:
How are you guys signing in to E-CAS without having heard anything from Mississauga? I tried to log in but it said I need an I.D number or something... I am missing something here? (><)
hello KL8N! you can use your receipt number to log onto ecas too! that's what i have been using. when you get to where it says 'identification type' there is a little down arrow... click on that and there will be many other options... :)