+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Applications sent November 2009

kittty

Oct 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sulo said:
Hi all!
I just sent my application to sponsor my husband who's in Sri Lanka. It's an outland applicatin I suppose. Does anyone know the average time it takes to sponsor your spouse from Sri Lanka once the application´s trasfered to the Canadin High Commission in Sri Lanka?

sulo.
Sulo, here is the link to the cic website with application processing times. You will see Colombo if you scroll down to Asia and Pacific. These are the estimated times it should take in months. Since you're sponsoring your husband you would have sent to Mississauga first which is currently processing applications received from October 28 at a rate of 30 days. Hope that helps

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

sulo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2009
File Transfer...
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010
Thanks Kitty. I wonder why I don't see any other Sri Lankan applicants you know...

Afrina

Oct 22, 2009
Good luck to every one. I sent my application to my wife 3 weeks ago including police clearence from UK. But still she didn't received it..wht a amazing quick service.

kittty

Oct 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sulo said:
Thanks Kitty. I wonder why I don't see any other Sri Lankan applicants you know...
I'm sure there are lots of others, maybe they just aren't on this forum. We are so lucky to have this forum, it is like a big support system, not everyone else is so lucky. Nearly every person on this thread is from a different country so far.

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
DONE! Sent! And the waiting begins... anyone have anything to report as of yet, or are we all counting the days?

sulo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2009
File Transfer...
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010
Yes. we are all counting the days.

KL8N

Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How does Mississauga contact people once a decision has been made? Phone, mail, carrier pigeon??

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smoke signals, my friend!

Nah, Mississauga will send you a letter when they have approved the sponsorship.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Sending letters by international mail these days is so obsolete. And the Canadian government made such a big deal of helping Canadians become Internet savvy!! ANother example of "do as I say, not as I do".

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
I recall seeing lots of posts asking what it means when CIC says only "decision made", and makes that decision in one day. I recall that there was no meaning in the speed of the decision -- it could be an approval or a rejection of the sponsor.

They could say something more, like "decision made Y" or "decision made N" to take us off the burning spit.

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
Re: Ottawa vs Switzerland

The Littlest Hobo said:
LOL, thanks Toby, everyone asks me that! "Why would anyone LEAVE Switzerland?" Well for one thing it would be nice to come "home" to Canada after being away for many years - to feel "home" and be near friends and family and all that. I agree, Ottawa is nice and I miss real seasons because I love them all (except early spring - bleah!) but also beacause my husband wants an adventure and of all the countries in the world where we could move, it is a really great one: wonderful people and amazing cultural variety, good lifestyle/services/benefits, liberal politics, clean air and amazing nature!

Not a factor for us but Switzerland is not a great place to raise a family if you are a career-woman, since mat-leave is really short and many women just end up quitting their jobs, sharing the leave with the father is not the norm/law here either which I find very s*xist. Still very old school and "behind" in some of those areas.

Hi ekristensen, great news that you got your application off! I worry constantly too, but I think the chances of being rejected are very low if your case is "normal" and you are a legitimate couple with proof. Ours was a whirlwind romance so we are a bit nervous about the short courting period but we have lots of pics and flight tickets of our various dates, emails and skype call records, proof of living together, and wedding photos with our families so we think our chances are good. Everyone can see we are the real deal, hopefully our application conveys that.

It's also kind of obvious that anyone moving from Switzerland or Denmark is probably educated and isn't desperate to come to Canada to improve their standard of living/lifestyle (in fact, it could be considered a step down! I love Denmark (in summer)!!!) so I would guess they would figure out that the applicant is only applying because of love! I guess having dependents or a criminal record or financial problems would cause delays or obstacles but it seems from what I read on here that for a straightforward case, the only thing to worry about is "when" and not "if" the PR is approved. Every week or month lost for a forgotten document or missing information costs time apart and/or time without income (and STRESS!) but it shouldn't be a deal breaker, nor the end of the world. Where is your processing office, by the way?

Well, I hope it is some consolation to know you are not the only one on pins and needles!
Gotta run now (must check ecas for the 5th time today ;-) )
Good luck,
TLH
Hi TLH,

Thanks for your reply, it really calmed my nerves! I was a bit obsessive with the application really, putting different sections with proof and pictures for our relationship, our engagement, our wedding and our honeymoon. There's lots of pictures in there and I just hope they can get a feel for who we are as a couple - that's their job after all!

I'm amazed how quickly the sponsors are being replied to with their decision! Maybe by this Tuesday our application status information will go online.

Oh, and we're going through the London visa office but the CPC in Mississauga. I heard the London one is usually quite fast but I don't have any first hand experience with it so... it could all depend.

minx83

Sep 2, 2009
Tillsonburg, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent my application off today(Nov 23) through Canada Post Priority mail! What a weight lifted! Now the wait begins! I am applying outland through Buffalo, NY
Anyone know what dates they are currently processing? I have noticed a lot of posters through Buffalo getting PR approved in 3-4months so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@MINX
Welcome to the club ... June-Sept was fast but I do not think now onwards this will be same till mid Jan.
I do not think they will work in Holiday Season at Buffallo (From Thanksgiving till New Year).

monarch

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
My daughter is hoping to send her outland application, family class soon. If it is sent xpress post and you want them to sign for it do you send it to the PO Box or the street address?
Looking forward to joining the November or December timeline soon.

nola

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

hope every body is fine,..

can some body please answer me this quetion :

when I am calling the immigration center in Canada , the answer machine said ... enter the Client # , is that way I can use it to check the statue of the application ?

I will appreciate your help...

thank you