Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
helixgrl - that's awesome! I guess we're in the same boat now :) Gluck with everything hun :)

monarch - congrats to ur daughter! hopefully the rest of the stages go by quickly for you guys.

FStone

Jan 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, I can stop whinging now!!!!

We finally had something appear on e-cas today!!!

They started processing our application on the 23rd of Feb and sent us a letter the same day! That is usually good news, when they make a decision the same day! A few times when I have seen that it takes a week or so to make a decision it is usually denied!

I am soooooooooooooooo excited and nervous now as well!!!!! Will be checking the mail like crazy over the next week or so!!!!

Roll on London hopefully!!!!!!

C

cowtown gal

FStone said:
Okay, I can stop whinging now!!!!

We finally had something appear on e-cas today!!!

They started processing our application on the 23rd of Feb and sent us a letter the same day! That is usually good news, when they make a decision the same day! A few times when I have seen that it takes a week or so to make a decision it is usually denied!

I am soooooooooooooooo excited and nervous now as well!!!!! Will be checking the mail like crazy over the next week or so!!!!

Roll on London hopefully!!!!!!
HOOOOOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so pleased for you!!! Our was processed and decided in the same day, too and was good news. You're in the UK, aren't you - just to let you know, our letter took 6 days from the day it was sent to reach us.

Can't wait to hear your good news!! Have a great weekend!
:D :D :D

sarahlaw

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-10
We got the letter today!! I've been approved as a sponsor, such a huge relief... and now for the longer part. Does anyone know if they check the whole application over in Mississauga before they send it to the visa office (we're applying outland)? I'm still a bit worried about whether there's anything missing, no amount of checking it over has made me feel sure it's all there.

simpson

Star Member
Sep 4, 2008
Visa Office......
Warssaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmm. I think they check only sponsors background and financial status. I am sure they don´t know the medical results of the applicant. they don´t look at the proof of relationship for sure. Don´t know about the other documents. maybe they do?..as the letter said applicant is okey to apply. Any other thoughts?

C

cowtown gal

Not too sure either - but I did hear someone had the Missisauga office get in touch with them because they were missing something. I think in all honesty, though, they probably don't really look at it, and you'll only find out when it gets to your visa office if they need anything else. But I'm no expert, so wouldn't want to say for definite. I think it's all just a case of 'wait and see' now.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
I know they do at least a brief check at Mississauga, because the letter approving my husband as sponsor included-- on the third page-- the fact that my "Original Medical Document (IMM 1017)" was missing from the application, and that the application was therefore "incomplete at this time." The letter gave me all the contact info for Buffalo, instructed me to forward "all missing documents" to the visa office (Buffalo) "immediately" to avoid delay in application processing, and said I should contact Buffalo with any questions or further info, etc.

(Tho, warning: When I did as instructed, Buffalo replied that I was NOT supposed to contact them "for a minimum of 30 weeks" -- ! -- and that, NO, "further documentation" was not supposed to be sent to them until they asked for it. So -- hello? Right hand meet left hand? Hello? At this point, I have no idea if my IMM 1017 made it to the right office; or if it's lost in the shuffle; or if Buffalo will return the whole application cause of the "missing" doc, or what.)

ambar

Star Member
Dec 1, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
Doc's Request.
15-06-2010
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
I always thought the Mississauga office part was when they checked the sponsor's background and just made sure the
application was complete.

Other than that, I think the rest is up to the office they forward the application to, which is the applicant's background check
and assessing whether the relationship is genuine or not.

- another question for you guys - has anyone gotten their "decision made" status updated yet. On e-cas it says that
my application was processed and the decision was made on the same day (feb. 19) but after that there hasn't been any
updates.. anyone around that time frame who has gotten anything updated on e-cas?

Gluck guys!!

FStone

Jan 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Sponsor approved! We received the letter in the post today...soooo relieved!

Bring on London!!!!

C

cowtown gal

Ambar - I don't think the 'decision made' from Mississauga does change, as you say - their bit is done. Have you received your letter about sponsorship approval yet?

Like you, ours was processed and approved on the same day and then it took 3 weeks until e-cas was updated to say that our application was being processed by our local office. So the 'PR Application' bit now says 'in process'. I think the length of time that takes probably depends on which visa office your application goes to, but hope you hear some news soon!

FStone - FANTASTIC news!! Fingers crossed they're working quickly down in London, eh?!

:)

simpson

Star Member
Sep 4, 2008
Visa Office......
Warssaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good luck to all!
mine is being processed too ...in local office. we haven't paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee yet. so i have a feeling that like 15 of March Poland will ask that..and then in April they will ask for passport..and then in may i will be done. Hopefully ...dream script!

saggit_16

Feb 21, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 2010
Congrats Fstone, cowtown gal, bonacker, sarahlaw, ambar and all other who got 'decision made' this week wish you guys all the best for the rest.
I hope I too get some good news in next week and February threads also starts rolling like this ;)

freckles4256

Feb 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there everyone i see most of you are jan/feb people well im going to me march as im still waiting for my medical and poilce report.
Im from NZ and am married to a canadain. I see everyone sent there papers to were there ment to go, but ive been told to send
them to my emigation consultant to check them over before they get sent and emigation havent even given me a address
to were there ment to go in canada. can anyone help me with were there ment to go? (as emigation are terrible for helping.)
Im going to be living in Alberta Calgary if this helps.

kind regards
freckles

saggit_16

Feb 21, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 2010
freckles4256 said:
Hi there everyone i see most of you are jan/feb people well im going to me march as im still waiting for my medical and poilce report.
Im from NZ and am married to a canadain. I see everyone sent there papers to were there ment to go, but ive been told to send
them to my emigation consultant to check them over before they get sent and emigation havent even given me a address
to were there ment to go in canada. can anyone help me with were there ment to go? (as emigation are terrible for helping.)
Im going to be living in Alberta Calgary if this helps.

kind regards
freckles

Hi freckles welcome aboard yes most of people here sent app in Jan-Feb.
Well looks like you have hired a consultant/lawyer and all the info related to the category you fall into, is on the following link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp#step1

and eventually your case would sent to CPC-Mississauga (ON, Canada) as you are living outside Canada if you are.
All the best to all of us :)