+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applications sent JANUARY 2010

C

cowtown gal

Hi everyone! Great news that the visas are coming through! We landed on 18 June (and it now says on e-cas that we went through YYC even!) and just got back to the UK today for the next six months or so until we move for good in December.

Mr. Cowtown went through immigration when we got there and aside from a minor scary moment when the immigration officer seemed to be unhappy with the laminating job of the visa (thanks CIC London...) it all went very smoothly! Going through customs with the goods/goods to follow lists was easy-peasy, too. They hardly looked at it and all in all it only took about 15-20 minutes longer to get out of the airport.

The only problem we had was when we went to get his SIN number - apparently there is another Mr. Cowtown already living in Canada (with the EXACT same name, middle name included) and exact same birthday to the day/year. They said all the other details are different so there should be no problem, but it will just take a bit longer because they have to check everything out in more detail so it'll probably be a few weeks before he gets his SIN number. But overall - very good experiences. Now we just have to pack everything up and get ourselves moved!!!! ;D

Best of luck to everyone else, hope anyone still waiting gets their visa soon and happy landings to anyone on their way soon!!! :D

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
We sent our application on Jan 5, it was received at CIC-Vegr on Jan 8, it was processed on Mar 13 and since then no updates on E-CAS, still waiting...waiting...waiting...it's killing not knowing what to expect, besides, everytime I call the CIC call centre, the agents keep telling me the same: you should get the AIP in about 2 months, regarless when my call was taken, though.

So far 5 months have passed by without getting any letter/email/call from CIC, the agents assured me this is normal and unless they require further information, they will contact me, otherwise I just have to wait 'til the end of July or August, if everything we submitted is OK. Meanwhile I've to extend my stay and remain with legal status in Canada -just in case!-.

Good luck to everyone!

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
sgnv said:
We sent our application on Jan 5, it was received at CIC-Vegr on Jan 8, it was processed on Mar 13 and since then no updates on E-CAS, still waiting...waiting...waiting...it's killing not knowing what to expect, besides, everytime I call the CIC call centre, the agents keep telling me the same: you should get the AIP in about 2 months, regarless when my call was taken, though.

So far 5 months have passed by without getting any letter/email/call from CIC, the agents assured me this is normal and unless they require further information, they will contact me, otherwise I just have to wait 'til the end of July or August, if everything we submitted is OK. Meanwhile I've to extend my stay and remain with legal status in Canada -just in case!-.

Good luck to everyone!
Sgnv-
You are not alone. Its nice to see that we are not the only ones feeling frustrated with the wait on Inland process. We get different times as well from CIC.. however our ECASE shows nothing at all yet. We keep getting told that they are processing apps sent in November right now so we will just have to hang tight. Best of luck and hope you will be hearing your result on AIP soon!

Janadian :)

simpson

Star Member
Sep 4, 2008
Visa Office......
Warssaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got an e-mail today, that my passport with Immigration Visa is ready to be picked-up. They can send it to Canada, but first I have to arrange for a pre-paid courier services in Canada (FedEx, DHL, TNT...)...

don´t know yet how...but time to figure it out.

anyways - YAY!!!

i wonder when will i get back all the materials I sent to them :S

LandC

Feb 22, 2010
Just Celebrated my first Canada Day and had an amazing time ;D Downside is my passport couldn't be delivered to London as the embassy was closed :( should hopefully be delivered tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good Canada day and things go smoothly for everyone.

L and C

kolibri

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Med's Done....
01-12-2009
Interview........
09-06-2010
Passport Req..
17-06-2010 (rec'd 05-07-10)
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010 (rec'd 16-07-10)
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
Yey, CONGRATS Simpson!!!

Btw, don't think they will return your stuff back

usagi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
TOKYO,JAPAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010.01.13 App received CPC-M --2010.3.9 Decition Made-- 2010.03.15 Received letter from CPC-M
File Transfer...
2010.03.09. Transfered Tokyo&Foworded to MICC---2010.03.15 Sent app to MICC----2010.03.31 Received CSQ!
Med's Done....
2009.12.07--
Passport Req..
2010.04.29---2010.05.17 Decision made
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
simpson said:
I got an e-mail today, that my passport with Immigration Visa is ready to be picked-up. They can send it to Canada, but first I have to arrange for a pre-paid courier services in Canada (FedEx, DHL, TNT...)...

don´t know yet how...but time to figure it out.

anyways - YAY!!!

i wonder when will i get back all the materials I sent to them :S

They gave me back all my photos, but not other things like airplain ticket copies and etc :)

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
Janadian said:
Sgnv-
You are not alone. Its nice to see that we are not the only ones feeling frustrated with the wait on Inland process. We get different times as well from CIC.. however our ECASE shows nothing at all yet. We keep getting told that they are processing apps sent in November right now so we will just have to hang tight. Best of luck and hope you will be hearing your result on AIP soon!

Janadian :)
Jandian, have you tried to check ECAS with your receipt #? or do you have a client ID already?

Since March 2010 I've checked everyday ECAS with my receipt No. and nothing showed up, 'til in June I tried with my client ID and my two last names (I have two, I know is ridiculous!!!, I've to find out how to get rid of my 2nd last name) and it worked!!!!! at least now I know the status of my PR Application; hopefully I'll get the AIP sometime at the end of July or August as I've been told by the CIC Agents, although is up to the IO to decide it :( I'm keeping my fingers, toes, ears, lungs crossed!!! hahahahaha

At this point what else can I do, just wait....
Good luck to you too!! :)

simpson

Star Member
Sep 4, 2008
Visa Office......
Warssaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kolibri said:
Yey, CONGRATS Simpson!!!

Btw, don't think they will return your stuff back
they have to :S...if they don´t then i will lose my original birth certificate and marrige licence :S:S:S:S

:(

FStone

Jan 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simpson said:
they have to :S...if they don´t then i will lose my original birth certificate and marrige licence :S:S:S:S

:(
You can request it Simpson, just send them an e-mail. We received some things back but not all! x We sent them photocopies of all things like marriage cert etc... as that's what it said to do in all the forms! It said only send originals if specifically asked to, and send photocopies of everything else!

kolibri

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Med's Done....
01-12-2009
Interview........
09-06-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
Ouch, then they have to- at least a birth certificate. We also sent copies. In addition to regular marriage licence (the orange one in Ontario; we requested a certified copy - so called long version which we also sent to CIC)
I would also suggest e-mail them and request that your birth certificate is returned along with your passport.

simpson

Star Member
Sep 4, 2008
Visa Office......
Warssaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally ecas is updated too: Decision made. medicals received. But i have a feeling they had my medicals in october already :D

kolibri

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Med's Done....
01-12-2009
Interview........
09-06-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
:D CONGRATS!!!!
Did you get your passport back yet?
How are you going to land? I called CIC - it takes almost 3 weeks to get an appointment for landing. We are considering trying to go to Niagara Falls POE.

simpson

Star Member
Sep 4, 2008
Visa Office......
Warssaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
im getting my passport this week. What do you mean by an appointment for landing? I am just gonna go to niagara USA for a day and then come back at night time and "land"

kolibri

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Med's Done....
01-12-2009
Interview........
09-06-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
That appointment for landing is needed if you want to land from within the country. Sure you can go to Niagara and land at POE (port of entry). Then you have to go to US and get some kind of rejection letter (if you don't have a visa to US or don't want to go there) and get back to Canada where you can land.
On the other forum I found that somebody had landed at Fort Erie Peace Bridge. There is a way to avoid getting in Canada - there is the turn "Return to Canada" - so if you don't want to waste time at US border AND you are lucky (some people wrote that unexperienced officer sent them anyway to US to get that rejection letter) - you can try this way.
Just my 5 cents ;D

We are hoping to get passport this week as well :D

Good luck!!!