+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

deepiv

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan.27/2011/ opened Feb.27/2011
Doc's Request.
Sent back, for misssing document
Nomination.....
FILE RECIEVED CPC-M MARCH.29/11
File Transfer...
APRIL.4/2011 RECIEVED ND-APRIL.11/2011
Med's Done....
15/12/2011
Passport Req..
April.18/11
VISA ISSUED...
Interview- approved. waiting for pp
def_col_male said:
I know what you r talking about and you are right. this is the procedure to register marriage in punjab if one spouse is NRI.

kk ggoood yea....cuz i was born here i guess...ok lol just never seen anyone else post about it before.

senshalu

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Original Request 31-03-2011 ( We never got it) Second Request sent 05-07-2011
AOR Received.
21-01-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2011
Passport Req..
22-02-2011
Hello Everybody,

I applied in January 2011 for my wife. we sent her passport on feb 23 and still waiting for the decision. current online status is "Application Received" . There is no update after we sent the passport. Normally how long it takes after sending the passport?

Thanks

senthu

deepiv

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan.27/2011/ opened Feb.27/2011
Doc's Request.
Sent back, for misssing document
Nomination.....
FILE RECIEVED CPC-M MARCH.29/11
File Transfer...
APRIL.4/2011 RECIEVED ND-APRIL.11/2011
Med's Done....
15/12/2011
Passport Req..
April.18/11
VISA ISSUED...
Interview- approved. waiting for pp
are you looking with ur spouses client id?
didnt you get a FILE NUMBER when u recieved ur ppr request???????/
so you can check with that

annael2

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2011
AOR Received.
10-02-2011
File Transfer...
21-02-2011
Passport Req..
22-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2011 :))
LANDED..........
20-05-2011 hurray..!!
def_col_male said:
PPR letter was dated 9th march. whr r u located? 20 days r long wait in the post?
i have a silly lawyer, after waiting for something in the post for days i got an email with the scanned copy of the letter which was addressed to the lawyer in Toronto! so am guessing any other communication will also be delayed just the same!

senshalu

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Original Request 31-03-2011 ( We never got it) Second Request sent 05-07-2011
AOR Received.
21-01-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2011
Passport Req..
22-02-2011
deepiv said:
are you looking with ur spouses client id?
didnt you get a FILE NUMBER when u recieved ur ppr request???????/
so you can check with that
I check with that number only. I use the tracking ID we got with the PPR and her permanent residence status showing as " Application Received"

Vish

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2011
Med's Done....
13-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on Apr 9, 2011
Hi Senthu,
We have pretty close time line. My app was done on April 9. I think yours could be any day. I really hope it's done before long weekend. Wish you and all my best wishes for speedy visa...Regards..V :)

senshalu said:
Hello Everybody,

I applied in January 2011 for my wife. we sent her passport on feb 23 and still waiting for the decision. current online status is "Application Received" . There is no update after we sent the passport. Normally how long it takes after sending the passport?

Thanks

senthu

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
meateater said:
Hey all, just wanted to know if anyone has any idea on this.

When someone is migrating to canada is there any kinda limitation on the value of the goods one is carrying ? Does one have to pay taxes or anything if yes whatst he limitation.. I could understand there were no custom fees associated however i still wanna know some detailed information.

Cuz Immigration services asks the migrant to put down the value of the things that he got into canada... whats the purpose of that question. :)
meateater ,
As far as i know, there is no limitation as a first time landing applicant but you just have to declare the value of goods. See nylalisa's last post and what her hubby did when he landed.
the purpose of asking that question is a standard question any customs official will ask you in any part of the world..what is the value of stuff you are bringing in.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
This is a short week as Friday is a holiday..Hope we hear more good news tomorrow..

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[glow=RED,2,300]145+ Days & counting... since Med's[/glow][br]
LANDED..........
Not Yet, but <br>Expected Date.: inshallah very soon!!!
Yeah, its the week of good friday, I hope this the long weekend, and this short week does bring a lot of good news, I'll be very happy if many of us whose time is close for the PPR gets the reqs. and specially you fprince you gotta get that PPR, also charmz.

DNT2003

fprince said:
This is a short week as Friday is a holiday..Hope we hear more good news tomorrow..

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
deepiv said:
Is it just me ...or when me and my husband got married in INDIA..PUNJAB
Apart of our marriage registartion to be COMPLETE
We had our picture as a couple...all our information of where i live in canada,my name, fathers name, and my husbands information where he lived in india...and fathers name and everything,,,was put it an NEWSPAPER
They said it was also put out internationally..too
did anyone else get this done?????????????
they said theyll give it a MONTh IN THE NEWSPAPER. and if anyone had any problems or rejections..they would contact who ever was in charge of the registatrion.??
anybody else have this donee?

@ deepiv

i have heard that couple's put their info in the newspaper (local and national)...but international newspapers...no....

also...i havent heard that u have to wait for a month for the "objection" if any one has any on the marriage....

hope this answers ur question

good luck

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
meateater said:
Hey all, just wanted to know if anyone has any idea on this.

When someone is migrating to canada is there any kinda limitation on the value of the goods one is carrying ? Does one have to pay taxes or anything if yes whatst he limitation.. I could understand there were no custom fees associated however i still wanna know some detailed information.

Cuz Immigration services asks the migrant to put down the value of the things that he got into canada... whats the purpose of that question. :)

@ meateater

as far as my knowledge is concerned....i think there is a limitation of US $10,000 in cash, bringing in to the country...

as far as the gold is concerned...it is better that the owner should appraise it and get a receipt from the jeweller and have it attested... and if asked at the port of entry...have those things ready as a proof...

as far as the gifts are concerned...u can bring in up to CAD $750 in the country...u also have to declare this amount on your disembarkment card....

hope this helps

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
fprince said:
meateater ,
As far as i know, there is no limitation as a first time landing applicant but you just have to declare the value of goods. See nylalisa's last post and what her hubby did when he landed.
the purpose of asking that question is a standard question any customs official will ask you in any part of the world..what is the value of stuff you are bringing in.
Thanks ! But its unclear, if there is a chance of we ending up paying something that we are carrying just as additional . We can avoid it if there is any such thing.. I am sure nylalisa should be affirm what you said.. But i am expecting for anyone who is sure about this.

Wishing you a good luck ! I can smell good news for you :)

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
senshalu said:
Hello Everybody,

Thanks

senthu

@ senshalu

u r on ur last stage of processing...u will hear anything from them soon....

as u mentioned that u sent the pp on Feb 23/11....and it is almost going to be 2 months (Apr 23)...so i think the change on e-cas is imminent....they might be working on ur file and will give u the verdict any day

all the best and good luck :)

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
gagansingh said:
@ meateater

as far as my knowledge is concerned....i think there is a limitation of US $10,000 in cash, bringing in to the country...

as far as the gold is concerned...it is better that the owner should appraise it and get a receipt from the jeweller and have it attested... and if asked at the port of entry...have those things ready as a proof...

as far as the gifts are concerned...u can bring in up to CAD $750 in the country...u also have to declare this amount on your disembarkment card....

hope this helps
Thanks Gagan ! Gifts etc is different, i am concerned about what we carry for ourselves. Abt gold , even if its just a couple of rings/earings.. do you still need it(receipt) ?