+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
coolananda said:
@ gagan ji

No updates till this time ................

patience is a key ....... to open New delhis door........ ;D

just waiting ....what can be done???

@ coolananda

yes...u found the key (patience) :)

that is the only thing...stay positive :)

good luck

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
@ NB8285,

He had no questions because he was fully prepared, the officer was so hapy because she said people rarely are.

You will receive one form on the plane B311, all travellors get this. Its a duty form used to declate gifts u r bringing into the country or in the case of returning residents its used to declare goods you bought abroad.

As a PR landing for the first time, you need to down load a B4 and B4A from CBSA.gc.ca.
B4 is used tp declare all your goods you are moving to canada with (this imcludes clothing and linens etc, anything packed in your suitcase basically) B4A is used only if you are shipping goods later to Canada so that you dont pay duty on it. Have these forms ready. It will speed up your landing.

You will first clear customs then when you tell them you are landing you will be refered to immigration. Gove them the passport, COPR form, your B4s and you will sign a few things, at that point u may be refered to secondary search or just told u r done and you leave.

charmz

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
AOR Received.
23-11-2010
Passport Req..
10-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Phone interview: May 27,2011; Ecas Update: May 30,2011
@ Drdave,

I was just going thro the survey sheet that you made, thats som awesome summary there, acc. to what you predicted I am still holding on the end of april mark.

Hope this long wait finally comes to an end

deepiv

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan.27/2011/ opened Feb.27/2011
Doc's Request.
Sent back, for misssing document
Nomination.....
FILE RECIEVED CPC-M MARCH.29/11
File Transfer...
APRIL.4/2011 RECIEVED ND-APRIL.11/2011
Med's Done....
15/12/2011
Passport Req..
April.18/11
VISA ISSUED...
Interview- approved. waiting for pp
IF YOU HAVE CHANNELL 395 SHAW SATELITLE...OR STAR CHOICE OMNI CHANNEL
THEY ARE TALKIKING ABOUT FAMILY CLASS SPONSOSRHIP
EACH PARTY HAS A SAY IN IT RIGHT NOW GOO WATCH

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
@Nylalisa

Thanks for your detailed reply - appreciate it! :)

I can't wait for my wife to get here so we can FINALLY start our life together!

nylalisa said:
@ NB8285,

He had no questions because he was fully prepared, the officer was so hapy because she said people rarely are.

You will receive one form on the plane B311, all travellors get this. Its a duty form used to declate gifts u r bringing into the country or in the case of returning residents its used to declare goods you bought abroad.

As a PR landing for the first time, you need to down load a B4 and B4A from CBSA.gc.ca.
B4 is used tp declare all your goods you are moving to canada with (this imcludes clothing and linens etc, anything packed in your suitcase basically) B4A is used only if you are shipping goods later to Canada so that you dont pay duty on it. Have these forms ready. It will speed up your landing.

You will first clear customs then when you tell them you are landing you will be refered to immigration. Gove them the passport, COPR form, your B4s and you will sign a few things, at that point u may be refered to secondary search or just told u r done and you leave.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
drdave said:
I think the long passport request are the ones going some additional checks for security

especially - Tamil people - CIC is looking for people who supported the Tamil Tigers or similar
organizations. There has been a big problem in the last couple of
years where we had several boatloads of Tamils illegally
immigrating to Canada ands its causing a lot of problems to CIC.
- Muslims - AlQaeda
- Sikh seperatists - Some Sikhs were responsible for the Air Indian bombing in Canada that
killed over 200 people.

Of course 99% of these people applying have nothing to do with these organizations but it may result in
a longer process.
There is a difference between Tamil people as how the western countries term them in their media and Tamil people who live in India, its similar to a France French and Quebec French..2 different countries and have nothing to do with it....to educate, SL Tamils are people who live in SL and speak Tamil..Indian Tamil are just Indian people like any other Indian.

Indian Muslims are not part of Alqaeda..Infact they are just muslims and Indian..You really need to read a book on India. Looks like you have an outdated map buddy...

Tamil people comming on boatloads has nothing to do with a spousal sponsorship for an Indian citizen, you really need to understand the SL war in 2009-10, where SL tamil people live and the difference between a refugee claimant and someone sponsoring his Indian spouse from India...we are not here to debate on refugee claimants and boatloads of people...you guys read about war in toronto star, most people like me have seen one close in action..trust me it is nothing fancy and easy as catching a boat and comming to Canada...
Whatever you wrote, we have read in the paper and it has nothing to do with Immigration...

I assume that you were not born in India or anywhere closeby for that matter, you really need to remove your comment as it's gonna offend a lot of people reading it..especially the ones you term as tamils, muslims, sikhs etc..
Not being rude..just letting you know posting something without knowing the basic differences in culture, land will always cause an issue.

- Muslims - AlQaeda - not in CHC ND, muslims have nothing to do with alqaeda..we just cant trust the american networks, can we.
- Sikh seperatists - In India they are respected the most as the ones who most gaurd our nation in the army
LTTE and it being a terrorist org - its a media hype, they assinated the PM Of india when i was a kid and in my state, they did it for their people and it was cosidered a payback..India/SL has a long long history of friendship and national security issues..

lets leave all this out of the Spouse sponsorhip forum...as 100% these have nothing to do with sponsoring my wife..or anyone for that matter.

sank

Star Member
Feb 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fprince said:
There is a difference between Tamil people as how the western countries term them in their media and Tamil people who live in India, its similar to a France French and Quebec French..2 different countries and have nothing to do with it....to educate, SL Tamils are people who live in SL and speak Tamil..Indian Tamil are just Indian people like any other Indian.

Indian Muslims are not part of Alqaeda..Infact they are just muslims and Indian..You really need to read a book on India. Looks like you have an outdated map buddy...

Tamil people comming on boatloads has nothing to do with a spousal sponsorship for an Indian citizen, you really need to understand the SL war in 2009-10, where SL tamil people live and the difference between a refugee claimant and someone sponsoring his Indian spouse from India...we are not here to debate on refugee claimants and boatloads of people...you guys read about war in toronto star, most people like me have seen one close in action..trust me it is nothing fancy and easy as catching a boat and comming to Canada...
Whatever you wrote, we have read in the paper and it has nothing to do with Immigration...

I assume that you were not born in India or anywhere closeby for that matter, you really need to remove your comment as it's gonna offend a lot of people reading it..especially the ones you term as tamils, muslims, sikhs etc..
Not being rude..just letting you know posting something without knowing the basic differences in culture, land will always cause an issue.
I think you just explained Dr.Dave's msg in detail by bringing out the differences. He is just referring to a possibility of extension because of ones likely collaboration to these organizations. He is noway talking about every tamil/muslim person in the planet. He is not referring to any particular case either ... there may be other possible delays as well.. these are not the only ones that could delay the PPR....

It is very much in connection with the immigration.. take home message is..it will take time if you belong or seem to have any sort of collab with these groups...

drdave

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2011
Doc's Request.
Mar 21, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 22, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 28, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 20, 2011
Interview........
May 2, 2011
Passport Req..
Mar 10, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2, 2011
LANDED..........
May 18, 2011
I do apologize if I had offended anybody and I have removed the post.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
gagansingh said:
@ fprince

any news/updates?
Mr Singh,
No updates...one more week and it passed without any updates.
Hope for the best this week...

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
@ charmz
This is your week :D

deepiv

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan.27/2011/ opened Feb.27/2011
Doc's Request.
Sent back, for misssing document
Nomination.....
FILE RECIEVED CPC-M MARCH.29/11
File Transfer...
APRIL.4/2011 RECIEVED ND-APRIL.11/2011
Med's Done....
15/12/2011
Passport Req..
April.18/11
VISA ISSUED...
Interview- approved. waiting for pp
Is it just me ...or when me and my husband got married in INDIA..PUNJAB
Apart of our marriage registartion to be COMPLETE
We had our picture as a couple...all our information of where i live in canada,my name, fathers name, and my husbands information where he lived in india...and fathers name and everything,,,was put it an NEWSPAPER
They said it was also put out internationally..too
did anyone else get this done?????????????
they said theyll give it a MONTh IN THE NEWSPAPER. and if anyone had any problems or rejections..they would contact who ever was in charge of the registatrion.??
anybody else have this donee?

L

longprocedure

@deepiv

I am not getting you wat u are trying to say here....please descibe in detail...as i m also gng to fwd my documents for immigration.....
what's the purpose of giving this info in newspaper n how its related to immigration???

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepiv said:
Is it just me ...or when me and my husband got married in INDIA..PUNJAB
Apart of our marriage registartion to be COMPLETE
We had our picture as a couple...all our information of where i live in canada,my name, fathers name, and my husbands information where he lived in india...and fathers name and everything,,,was put it an NEWSPAPER
They said it was also put out internationally..too
did anyone else get this done?????????????
they said theyll give it a MONTh IN THE NEWSPAPER. and if anyone had any problems or rejections..they would contact who ever was in charge of the registatrion.??
anybody else have this donee?
I know what you r talking about and you are right. this is the procedure to register marriage in punjab if one spouse is NRI.

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
Hey all, just wanted to know if anyone has any idea on this.

When someone is migrating to canada is there any kinda limitation on the value of the goods one is carrying ? Does one have to pay taxes or anything if yes whatst he limitation.. I could understand there were no custom fees associated however i still wanna know some detailed information.

Cuz Immigration services asks the migrant to put down the value of the things that he got into canada... whats the purpose of that question. :)