+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

deepakvirdi11

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
12-09-2016
Med's Request
12-09-2016
Med's Done....
20-12-2016
Hi Guys,
I know how frustrating it is....
Now I think I'm alone here who is a June Applicant. :(
Keep Patience... stay positive.... Yeah it is very frustrating but we can't do anything except hoping for something good to be happen.
Hope coming tuesday will bring something to cheer about. :)

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
vinjovi555 said:
Hi CanIndian.. Congrats on getting your visa! i m happy for you.. we both share more or less the same time lines. My wife had sent her passport on 21 September. We havent heard anything yet. Did you attend an interview? when did you receive the letter from consulate notifying about the interview requirement? Did you get your visa stamped soon after the interview on the same day? I m just wondering why it is getting delayed in our case.. any input?? thx, V
Hi Vinjovi, the visa is actually for my hubby. He was notified about the interview on Oct 11 and attended the interview on Nov 10th. At the end of the interview he was advised that the visa was approved. Ecas changed this Tuesday and we are just waiting for the visa to be delivered. Hope it comes soon as we have tickets booked for next Friday!

I can't say what causes delays....have you tried ordering the CAIPS notes for your file. That may give you an idea of if they have concerns on your file. Hope that you get an update really soon.

applied03

Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Passport Req..
08-12-2010 rec on 11-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2011 rec on 12-02-2011
hello guys.........i am at all upset that its been 1 and half month gone sincemy sponsorship got approved but i have not heard anything yet i am worried where is our file gone................yeh delhi vale kaam kya karte hain samaj nai aata

jeni05

Nov 17, 2010
Hi guys,

I've been a silent listener to this forum. My application is in process since Aug11 at ND and yesterday we got an email for interview on dec 01. They already have my husband's passport since Sep 22. I'm just wondering if I should order Caips notes and how long does it take to get the Caips notes; not sure if we have enough time. Can anybody let me know what type of questions they ask in the interview....so stressed..
Thanks

rajeev9891

Sep 16, 2010
don't jump everybody......

Ur files is just went there from last 3 months and we r here waiting from May .....
so do wait till May ppls get clearance .............. this is a new Delhi most officers is Indian and they try to guess which one proper marriage or not....

guys i am not being rude but try to understand our pain too me and rocky 636 is 1st ppls who connected with May tread and still in Q ....

jeni05

Nov 17, 2010
i applied in june and file was transferred to ND in august. so its been more than 3 months and this forum is for discussion and anybody can post their queries just like you..

sim85

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys dont worry:)...i kno everyone is sick of this 'never ending wait" and this forum allows us to discuss our situations n everythin nd also if we want to let out our frustrations!!!..but dont loose hope....we have seen applicants who applied in july and have got their visas last month..so u never knoww..jus have hope...! its all unpredictable..i have seen some applicants who applied after me (mid july) n have already got their visas couple of weeks back....
@applied 03 In some cases, ND asks for passports when they open the files and in some cases they have asked for pps when they are on the verge of taking their final decisions so doesnt matter if u get ppr earlier or later....dnt worry:)

Gud luck all...

sonia2905

Mar 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
Passport Req..
09-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2011 (it was issued on 11-01-2011 but took 10 days by post for PP to reach)
LANDED..........
30-01-2011 (counting the hours!!!)
thanks for sharing the positive side sim85! good to know there is hope that it can get processed sooner.
i'm in the same situation as many of u - my husband is in india, we've been apart almost 6 months now - the file was sent to ND end Sept so it's over a month & a half and no PPR yet. it's definitely easy to start stressing, but i agree with what many of you have said, just staying positive and most importantly, being patient is all we can really do!
(i need to keep telling that to myself too) :)
good luck to everyone!

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 July 2010 @ Missisauga
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Hi Vinjovi, the visa is actually for my hubby. He was notified about the interview on Oct 11 and attended the interview on Nov 10th. At the end of the interview he was advised that the visa was approved. Ecas changed this Tuesday and we are just waiting for the visa to be delivered. Hope it comes soon as we have tickets booked for next Friday!

canindian said:
I can't say what causes delays....have you tried ordering the CAIPS notes for your file. That may give you an idea of if they have concerns on your file. Hope that you get an update really soon.
Hi CanIndian.. my best wishes to both of you. I dont know what you mean by ordering CAIPS notes? how to do that?

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 July 2010 @ Missisauga
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
deepakvirdi11 said:
Hi,
Have patience...
For me its more than 80 days the ND is having my PP and still it is "IN Process".

The Registered Post is nothing but a post that has to be delivered to Person(whom it belong to) IN Hand. (Its is simply like government courier service). If the person is not available a family member can take it.

The Registered mail will reach anywhere in INDIA in less than 5 days. If it is metro than in 3 days.
Yes Postman will leave a note (a receipt) at ur home if no one is available. They will keep PP for 15 days if no one collects it they will send back to CHC ND.

So once the status is "Decision Made" u can contact ur postman regarding it. :)

Good Luck...
Thanks Deepak!..What are your timelines? when did you send your pp to the high commission?

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
vinjovi555 said:

Hi CanIndian.. my best wishes to both of you. I dont know what you mean by ordering CAIPS notes? how to do that?
Hi Vinjovi,

This thread (pasted below) has the links that you will need for information about the CAIPS notes. It also has the link to the request form. If you are outside of Canada (ie. are the applicant) then you will need to complete the form to allow the information to be released to your sponsor in Canada. The cost of the request is $5 if you are outside Canada. It generally takes 30 to 40 days to get the notes. If you tick that you just want the CAIPS notes, they are pulled from the system in Ottawa and will not affect the process timing of your application. If you tick that you want the entire file, then this is done overseas and may slow things down (although I haven't got confirmation of that). If you have an interview date coming up you can email the CIC department in Ottawa and see if they can fast track things for you (if memory serves the email address is included in the thread below). Can't promise anything, but can't hurt. Hope this helps you.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-about-caips-notes-t54806.0.html

deepakvirdi11

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
12-09-2016
Med's Request
12-09-2016
Med's Done....
20-12-2016
@vinjovi555 :
15 June application filed.
21 July AOR received.
9th AUg application started procesing in ND.
I send my passport on 24th Aug. got PPR letter on 21st Aug which was dated 9th Aug :)

Till then w8 and only w8

Good luck guys.. don't panic...
It is hard to stay like this.... but this is reality and we have to live with it. :)

Guptash

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
8/9/2010
File Transfer...
9/9/2010
Med's Done....
5/5/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
24/11/2010
LANDED..........
Due on 10/12/2010
I emailed ND CHC about the status of my application and if they could confirm the receipt of my Passport requested on Sept 30th 2010. My first and foremost concern was my PP which they clearly did not acknowledge they have and then since Sept 20th my file hasnt undergone a first review.

I am here copying the email so that you get an insight into whats happening at CHC ND.... Notice how 6 months is something which is so recent. After Sept, its taking them 6 months apparently, according to them.

This is in response to your recent enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

This Family Class application was received by our office on 20SEP10 after being forwarded by Case Processing Centre Mississauga. This application is currently pending initial review by the case officer, after which we will contact the applicant directly to advise the outcome of the review and any next steps.

We are striving to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible. We continue to meet our commitment to a service standard of 6 months to finalization for at least 80% of cases for sponsored spouses, partners, and children. Processing times are calculated from the date the application is approved by Case Processing Centre Mississauga, after which it is sent to the visa office for further processing. For individual cases, actual processing times may vary depending on the complexity of the application and the number of new applications received by the visa office.

Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months, please click here. Applicants may also refer to our website, www.india.gc.ca, for more information about processing times.

Guptash

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
8/9/2010
File Transfer...
9/9/2010
Med's Done....
5/5/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
24/11/2010
LANDED..........
Due on 10/12/2010
Sorry for consecutive posts :D Doting CHC Fan eh!:D

But, I have noticed how applications that have been transferred to ND CHC by the end of Sept, haven't recieved their PPRs yet. SO many of them are waiting on PPRs which initially wasn't the case. I guess they have definitely changed the process since they cannot sit with someones passport for 3-4 months like they have been recently.

So all those who havent received PPRs, thank your stars, at least you can still meet up your spouse in another country if not Canada or India for New Years, friggin awesome eh!

Also, its the best when your passport is requested only when its ready for a Visa. PPR at the end of the process is a definite YES of Visa issuance.

You guys are looking good, and all of us are. Faith and Patience all.

Hope this helps.

sonia2905

Mar 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
Passport Req..
09-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2011 (it was issued on 11-01-2011 but took 10 days by post for PP to reach)
LANDED..........
30-01-2011 (counting the hours!!!)
@guptash, same situation - files sent to ND end of sept and no PPR yet. i really hope the process changes means that they'll revert with the visa stamp in a quicker time frame than usual. i can't imagine how they hold on to an applicant's passport for 2-3 months! also hope its true that a PPR at the end of the process is a postive sign.
well good luck to all!