+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

Guptash

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
8/9/2010
File Transfer...
9/9/2010
Med's Done....
5/5/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
24/11/2010
LANDED..........
Due on 10/12/2010
Patience all the way, like we have an option! :D

Guptash

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
8/9/2010
File Transfer...
9/9/2010
Med's Done....
5/5/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
24/11/2010
LANDED..........
Due on 10/12/2010
Hey All-

Whats the procedure to contact the MP anyway? Just for future reference. I really hope i dont need to do the same....Just curious.

Thanks much in advance.

chinthu

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2010
AOR Received.
06-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
12-06-2010
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
27-08-2010 (sent on 30-08-2010 , Received by CIC on 31-08-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2010 (pp received date , decision made on 26-10-2010)
LANDED..........
11-11-2010
dear all .......

i reached Toronto yesterday around 11pm IST ... had a very nice journey exp ... i travelled alone n my husband ws waiting at Toronto airport to receive me ...

i started from chennai airport and came by lufthansa ...

For those who r going to travel soon don't worry .. everybody in the airports are so friendly ..
i had transit at Frankfurt .. very helpful direction boards are available .. just following them will take u to ur connecting flight gate ..
even while boarding flight to canada at frankfurt, canadian officers r very good in helping us .. very friendly .. whe he told me WELCOME TO CANADA i ws very happy and thanked him for welcoming me ..

Crews in flight gave me DECLARATION form which is usually for visitirs and residents returning to canada.
i filled in few info and kept with me and showed the same to officers in the airport. They crossed that form with marker mentioning tht i am a new immigrant and it has nothing to do for us. i showed my PP and COPR pappers to him. he directed me to get into immigration section. went to immig sec and showed my papers. officer who validated my docs ws very friendly and asked me to sign my COPR papers.

once immig is done baggage to be claimed and then to goto customs where the DECLARATION paper to be shown to them. they will ask few questions tht whether we r bringing any raw food items,etc .. its just 5mins with them .. thts it ..

after customs it is EXIT where my husband ws waiting for me ... i ws totally off on seeing him after exactly 6months .. felt very happy n i ws speechless on seeing him .. just hugged him in the airport and my heart ws very heavy while travelling frm Frankfurt to Toronto .. time went very slow and i tried my best to pass time ...

NOW I AM WITH MY HUSBAND HERE ::: VERY HAPPY N LIGHT HEARTED NOW ::::

MY BEST WISHES N PRAYERS TO SIM;DEEPAK N OTHERS WHO R WAITING FOR VISA :::

I AM SURE U GUYS WILL DEFINITELY SHARE A GOOD NEWS THIS NEXT WEEK ::

ALL D BEST GUYS ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

sanyrog

Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Med's Done....
31-05-2010
Passport Req..
02-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-3-2011 rec on 23-3-2011
LANDED..........
28-3-2011
thats very nice...

And others, I got a reply from delhi, after 10days, saying Our application has not been received from Missisauga itself.. No idea, whats happening.. I mean, its been 1 and half months since the file is transferred to ND. Will it take 1 and half months to reach ND? Whats this?

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
sanyrog said:
thats very nice...

And others, I got a reply from delhi, after 10days, saying Our application has not been received from Missisauga itself.. No idea, whats happening.. I mean, its been 1 and half months since the file is transferred to ND. Will it take 1 and half months to reach ND? Whats this?
hey there dont worry my wifes app also took a long time to show in process online the file was transfered on the 24 th of aug and the online status didnt change till I think 26 of sep but it showed that the file had begun processing on the 16th of sep , so you might see an update this tue and I wouldnt really rely on the email messages you get from chc they are pretty generic responses . The file might be just sitting in Delhi but not yet looked and I think all they look at is if the files begun processing or not if not then they will reply not received yet.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Immigrants important for Canada-Study

Canada, 12th November: Findings of a latest study has highlighted the important role played by immigrants in boosting the global competitiveness of Canada.

According to a recent research by CIC(Citizenship and Immigration Canada) published in October 2010, immigrants are crucial for the economy of Canada and hence the government must recognise and accept the value of Canada immigration in making Canada more innovative.

The report also brings forth the important relationship between innovation and immigration.

According to Michelle Downie, the lead author of the study titled ‘Immigrants as Innovators:Boosting Canada’s Global Competitiveness’, immigrants always look for better ways, which happens to be the very core of innovation.

After a comprehensive study of various innovation dimensions at business, research, culture sector, global commerce, individual immigrant, national ecnomy and international economy, it was found that immigrants exhibit a positve effect on innovation performance resulting in direct benefits to the Canadian economy, Downie asserts.

The research comprising of 60 pages by Canada immigration department states that Canada can work towards developing the underlying innovative capabilities of new immigrants for harnessing the advantages of innovation driven by immigrants.

Canada has recently witnessed its position slipping from ninth to tenth as per the recent Global Competitiveness Report 2010-2011 published by World Economic Forum.

Canada, however, does have the capability to rise up to a higher position due to its abundant natural resources, low density of population at 34 million people and being the second biggest territorial mass internationally.

Canada welcomes highest number of immigrants every year to its workforce. The year 2006 saw a total of 251,511 immigrants coming to Canada under Canada skilled immigration program.

And still, there is room for increased number of immigrants in Canada each year.

As per the estimates by CBC(Conference Board of Canada), an independent research organisation in the country, Canada needs around 375,000 immigrants each year for maintaining a stability in its workforce and for sustainig the economic development of the nation.

It has been noticed that immigrants face numerous obstacles that seem to inhibit their potential for performing upto their optimum levels seriously affecting their innovative activities in the economy.

And the fact that immigrants face delays in recognition of their foreign credentials as well as experiences further results in underutilization of their underlying skills.

Hence, there is an urgent need for employers to send a strong message for immigrants that Canada values immigrant innovators who are of great value to the Canada economy.

sanyrog

Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Med's Done....
31-05-2010
Passport Req..
02-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28-3-2011
kal1313 said:
hey there dont worry my wifes app also took a long time to show in process online the file was transfered on the 24 th of aug and the online status didnt change till I think 26 of sep but it showed that the file had begun processing on the 16th of sep , so you might see an update this tue and I wouldnt really rely on the email messages you get from chc they are pretty generic responses . The file might be just sitting in Delhi but not yet looked and I think all they look at is if the files begun processing or not if not then they will reply not received yet.
ok, hope so. :( Looks like, for u, it has taken 1month or so to show In process, whereas in my case, its already been 1 and half months .. so Hopefully I shud see some update this tuesday atleast.. why do they take more than 1 and half months just to show In process.. so slow..

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
Yeah it took a month for in process but even worse is it took a month and a half for my wife to get ppr after that which is really long , so I know what you are going through.

sanyrog

Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Med's Done....
31-05-2010
Passport Req..
02-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28-3-2011
kal1313 said:
Yeah it took a month for in process but even worse is it took a month and a half for my wife to get ppr after that which is really long , so I know what you are going through.
Yeah, so I can be sure of one thing, they have not yet started processing my file. Otherwise,they could ve given my file # in the email right? Or is there even a chance that they have started processing, but email is wrong?

Guptash

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
8/9/2010
File Transfer...
9/9/2010
Med's Done....
5/5/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
24/11/2010
LANDED..........
Due on 10/12/2010
This whole process is so out there. I swear no one can say anything with complete surety!

@Kal1313, I just happen to mention your case to my spouse and he tells me that may be the day they drafted the PPR letter for your wife, they just din want to mail it then. They probably just drafted it and kept it on file. May be they reviewed your file and kept the letter waiting and then posted it when they thought that now would be a good time to request the PP cause they din want a PP waiting on the table that soon. And we all for some reason are thinking that it was a definite delay on their end.

We will just keep a positive mind and deal with this demon called "wait without your beloved" with patience.

Also i came across something, someone had posted eariler on this forum as a reply they got on their inquiry about the status of their application. It helped me understand the process a lil better and i thought we could get a lil more insight from this: So i share:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

We acknowledge that our office has received 01 original passports for this application.

Due to the high volume of correspondence received by this office, it generally takes several days following receipt to process passports and place them on file. The file is then directed to the attention of a processing team, where it may take several more days for a final review to take place to ensure all requirements have met for visa issuance.

This file is currently pending final review by the responsible processing team and a decision by the officer. As soon as the review has taken place, our office will contact the applicants in case any further documentation or information is required. If the officer is satisfied all requirements have been met, visas will be issued, following which we will return the passports to the applicant by registered mail. Kindly note that it can take several days for registered mail to reach its destination.

Please be advised that all statutory requirements must be met before we can issue visas. We therefore cannot provide you with a precise date by which this application will be finalized and the passports returned. Your continued patience is appreciated. We can assure you that we give the highest processing priority to cases which are ready for visa issuance for which passports have been submitted. Until we contact the applicant, either to request additional documents or information or to return the passports, we will not be able to respond to further enquiries.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

MRJ.
Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

deepakvirdi11

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
12-09-2016
Med's Request
12-09-2016
Med's Done....
20-12-2016
@ Chinthu: Tons of Congratulations and Thanks for your wishes. :)

@ Guptash : Thanks for sharing the email. It just give me strength that yes my file is on high priority as it has crossed 75 days having my PP at ND.

Good luck guys for tomorrow.. hope everyone has something to cheer :)

sevenseconds

Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Does any one who got their visa know what is the expiry date on the Visa. Is there a specific date mentioned in the Visa/letter that we need to enter Canada.

Please help me know how much time we have after the visa is granted for us to enter Canada.

7Secs

deepakvirdi11

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
12-09-2016
Med's Request
12-09-2016
Med's Done....
20-12-2016
sevenseconds said:
Hi,

Does any one who got their visa know what is the expiry date on the Visa. Is there a specific date mentioned in the Visa/letter that we need to enter Canada.

Please help me know how much time we have after the visa is granted for us to enter Canada.

7Secs
Hi,
The expiry date of visa is directly dependent on your medical expiry date. You have to land in canada (Once got the visa) b4 the medical expires. The medical has one year validity.

Just for reference below is the letter a person got after getting visa (from other thread)

Dear applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada at our office. Please note that your medical examinations have been extended until 06 December 2010. This means that you have until that date to do your landing.

Please be advised that your visa has been issued and that your passport will be sent back to you as soon as you send to us a pre-paid air way bill. Please do not forget to quote your file number when sending the pre-paid air way bill. Please note that you have 5 days form today in order to comply with our request.

Rest Others can correct me if I'm wrong who have got there VISA.

deepakvirdi11

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
12-09-2016