+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

deep8885

Aug 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
minku9 said:
I got another reply from email reply from CHC ND....what the hell is this??? Is my case going backwards now?????? First email said pending final review and a decision by the visa officer....NOW this.....can anyone make any sense of this.....please n thnx!

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

This Family Class application was received by our office on 27 MAY 2010 after being forwarded by Case Processing Centre Mississauga. This application is currently pending initial review by Visa officer, after which we will contact the applicant directly to advise the outcome of the review and any next steps.

We are striving to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible. We continue to meet our commitment to a service standard of 6 months to finalization for at least 80% of cases for sponsored spouses, partners, and children. Processing times are calculated from the date the application is approved by Case Processing Centre Mississauga, after which it is sent to the visa office for further processing. For individual cases, actual processing times may vary depending on the complexity of the application and the number of new applications received by the visa office.

Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months, please click here. Applicants may also refer to our website, www.india.gc.ca, for more information about processing times.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

MRJ.
Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfs-canada.co.in
www.goingtocanada.gc.ca

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Always include the applicant's full name, date of birth, and file number in your message.
thats is totally wierd.. how could they say that after saying final review.. dont worry man jst wait lets see wat others have to say.. and how many times did u email them?..

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
I did email them again....i dont know what this means....quite frankly im loosing hope and think my case is going to to take awhile....the email says they received my app on May 27 which is the date that Missi received it.....i have no freakin clue.....maybe they SENT BACK my file after final review since it was missing something or they were not satisfied.....i have no clue and dont know what to do next!!!

chinthu

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2010
AOR Received.
06-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
12-06-2010
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
27-08-2010 (sent on 30-08-2010 , Received by CIC on 31-08-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2010 (pp received date , decision made on 26-10-2010)
LANDED..........
11-11-2010
Rachel said:
@ ALL,

GOT VISA FOR MY BABY TODAY :D :D :D HAVE TO BOOK TICKETS...HMMM D RATES R SOOO HIGH....

I specially than everyone in this woderful forum for guiding me, answering each and every silly questions,cheering me up when i was so down and providing all positive thoughts...

I wish Xyrus,minku9,deep,ipskang,kittyamul,chinthu,cool_5,DPM and all other NEWBIES( extremely sorry if i left out some names) a very good luck...
sending visa vibes to all...

I will surely continue 2 visit and definitely motivate and encourage those who r in dis painful path leavin loved ones ( I am not an imm expert so can answer ques related 2 it :-[ ,but help u 4m my personal exp...)

Thank u all once again.... ;)
hey CONGARTS Rachel ... i am so happy for u .. so soon u got ur kid's visa ... very happy ..
fly soon .. let the kid n d dad have nice time .. happy journey ..

DEAR ALL ... i received PPR on 27Aug2010 and i couriered them my PP today(30Aug2010) and hopefully it will reach them by tomorrow.

i have sent my PP to the below address:

CANADIAN HIGH COMMISSION
IMMIGRATION SECTION
P.O BOX 5209
CHANAKYAPURI,
NEW DELHI – 110021 (INDIA)

Now my waiting started for my passport back with visa ..
by god's grace everything has moved smoothly and in-time till today and i hope this too will move smoothly without any delays.. i wish everybody here waiting for their visas to get their visa very soon and join their better halfs very soon ..

i am just waiting to join my husband and want to have nice celebrations with him ... GOD GOD GOD ... PLS PLS PLS .. give us visa soon ....

Rachel

Dec 18, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI(Dependent child )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-5-2010
AOR Received.
28-6-2010(Missisauga)
File Transfer...
22-6-2010
Med's Done....
30-3-2010
Passport Req..
30-7-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-8-2010 ( GOT IT ON 27-8-2010)
minku9 said:
I did email them again....i dont know what this means....quite frankly im loosing hope and think my case is going to to take awhile....the email says they received my app on May 27 which is the date that Missi received it.....i have no freakin clue.....maybe they SENT BACK my file after final review since it was missing something or they were not satisfied.....i have no clue and dont know what to do next!!!
HI! PLEASE RELAX AND TAKE UR MIND OF THIS VISA PROCESS FOR A WHILE, U WILL SURELY GET IT AND THEY R NOT GONNA DENY U VISA...IT JUST TAKES A BIT MORE TIME SINCE U WERE IN CANADA FOR 8YRS(SORRY IF I AM WRONG)...

ALSO STOP EMAILING THEM BCOZ IT MAY DELAY D PROCESS...ALL D BEST...

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
deep8885 said:
thats is totally wierd.. how could they say that after saying final review.. dont worry man jst wait lets see wat others have to say.. and how many times did u email them?..
Hey minku relax , from what I have read is they do not send the forms back after they have left mississauga , If anything they only request more documents if needed . I have also read here and I dont know if its true or not that the more you keep emailing them the more you can expect a delay in the processing .

DPM

Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Chinthu, for receiving PPR..but should have couriered without PO Box as Courier guys dont accept the PO box...may be they must have crossed the PO BOX part ...Nothing to worry....keep cool....and Good Luck!

Rachel

Dec 18, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI(Dependent child )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-5-2010
AOR Received.
28-6-2010(Missisauga)
File Transfer...
22-6-2010
Med's Done....
30-3-2010
Passport Req..
30-7-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-8-2010 ( GOT IT ON 27-8-2010)
chinthu said:
hey CONGARTS Rachel ... i am so happy for u .. so soon u got ur kid's visa ... very happy ..
fly soon .. let the kid n d dad have nice time .. happy journey ..

DEAR ALL ... i received PPR on 27Aug2010 and i couriered them my PP today(30Aug2010) and hopefully it will reach them by tomorrow.

i have sent my PP to the below address:

CANADIAN HIGH COMMISSION
IMMIGRATION SECTION
P.O BOX 5209
CHANAKYAPURI,
NEW DELHI – 110021 (INDIA)

Now my waiting started for my passport back with visa ..
by god's grace everything has moved smoothly and in-time till today and i hope this too will move smoothly without any delays.. i wish everybody here waiting for their visas to get their visa very soon and join their better halfs very soon ..

i am just waiting to join my husband and want to have nice celebrations with him ... GOD GOD GOD ... PLS PLS PLS .. give us visa soon ....
Thanx chinthu, we r planning to fly soon but d problem is ticket rates r high and i am not able to get a bassinet for my baby :(...hav to carry on lap for 26 hrs....

I did sent my PP thro blue dart to : CHC, 7/8 shantipath, chanakyapuri.
the forum members told me to use this address for courier instead of PO box address...
bcoz couriers cannot go for PO boxes...

Lets c wat others have to say....

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
minku9 said:
And another thing it says in the letter that the processing times are based from the day you got approved lets say if that was 24th june you are still under the 3 months wait till at least 24th of sep to be a bit concerned, try to relax before that . Good Luck.

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
Furkan said:
hi everyone,
The cic-new delhi will be asking my wife for her passport soon. i just need to know wat postal service peple use to mail in the passport. My wife lives in Gujarat state. The city name is Valsad.
can someone tell me the best way to mail it in where i can track it as well?
and do we send anything else with the passport?
thanx
Dhl is in collaboration with blue dart in India so if you cannot locate a dhl close by blue dart is the same they will also courier passports to new delhi. I called Blue dart in India they gave me overnight delivery guarantee from punjab to new delhi for Rupees 250 , which I thought was dirt cheap considering this was priority mail with a tracking number.

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
minku9 said:
I got another reply from email reply from CHC ND....what the hell is this??? Is my case going backwards now?????? First email said pending final review and a decision by the visa officer....NOW this.....can anyone make any sense of this.....please n thnx!

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

This Family Class application was received by our office on 27 MAY 2010 after being forwarded by Case Processing Centre Mississauga. This application is currently pending initial review by Visa officer, after which we will contact the applicant directly to advise the outcome of the review and any next steps.

We are striving to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible. We continue to meet our commitment to a service standard of 6 months to finalization for at least 80% of cases for sponsored spouses, partners, and children. Processing times are calculated from the date the application is approved by Case Processing Centre Mississauga, after which it is sent to the visa office for further processing. For individual cases, actual processing times may vary depending on the complexity of the application and the number of new applications received by the visa office.

Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months, please click here. Applicants may also refer to our website, www.india.gc.ca, for more information about processing times.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

MRJ.
Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfs-canada.co.in
www.goingtocanada.gc.ca

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Always include the applicant's full name, date of birth, and file number in your message.
Minku, did you email them again after receiving "Final Review Pending" email If yes then let us know the date of both the emails.

Well its quite weird to receive such kind of email. As deep885 mentioned in one of his replies that Due to Haiti Floods sponsorship approval was delayed and That might be led to large volume of PR applications in New Delhi.

Seriously its hard to wait now. Patience is killing me.We are in kind of long distance relationship with our spouses for such a long time . Irritation is getting higher.

I hope we get Visa as soon as possible.

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
I hope the comonwealth games are not going to cause any delays in processing keeping fingers crossed.

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-08-2010, USA PCC - sent on Sept. 1st
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-07-2010 (Sent to Visa Office on 21-07-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2010 (Rec'd PP: 16-10-2010)
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
minku9 > At this point, all I can tell you is "Take it easy"! Divert your mind by spending time with family here cz very soon you will be going. Trust me, when you reach CA, u'll regret worrying and not enjoying here! Savour the food here, watch movies, and most of all spend as much time with family & friends here, cz this time will never come back too! This is what i've been doing lately! Good luck to you and everyone else!

chinthu >> Congrats! As long as the courier co. accepted it, you should be fine! DHL-Bluedart is a reliable and efficient courier co., I handed over my PP at 6 in the evening and it was delivered at 10:20 next morning though their prices are steep! They charged me Rs. 400 for express delivery but i'm not complaining!

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
Rachel said:
Thanx chinthu, we r planning to fly soon but d problem is ticket rates r high and i am not able to get a bassinet for my baby :(...hav to carry on lap for 26 hrs....

I did sent my PP thro blue dart to : CHC, 7/8 shantipath, chanakyapuri.
the forum members told me to use this address for courier instead of PO box address...
bcoz couriers cannot go for PO boxes...

Lets c wat others have to say....
I know Rachel, i've been tracking ticket prices too! Prices are starting to stabilize around sept. 3rd week! Hopefully i'll be on a plane that week too! Have a pleasant and safe journey.

chinthu

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2010
AOR Received.
06-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
12-06-2010
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
27-08-2010 (sent on 30-08-2010 , Received by CIC on 31-08-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2010 (pp received date , decision made on 26-10-2010)
LANDED..........
11-11-2010
xyrus said:
minku9 > At this point, all I can tell you is "Take it easy"! Divert your mind by spending time with family here cz very soon you will be going. Trust me, when you reach CA, u'll regret worrying and not enjoying here! Savour the food here, watch movies, and most of all spend as much time with family & friends here, cz this time will never come back too! This is what i've been doing lately! Good luck to you and everyone else!

chinthu >> Congrats! As long as the courier co. accepted it, you should be fine! DHL-Bluedart is a reliable and efficient courier co., I handed over my PP at 6 in the evening and it was delivered at 10:20 next morning though their prices are steep! They charged me Rs. 400 for express delivery but i'm not complaining!
@xyrus .. i too sent it through BlueDart with the same Rs.400 service .. they promised that they'll deliver my pp by tomorrow before 10.30am.

i have sent my 2passports with the photocopy of the PPR letter and nothing else as we have already sent my PCC original and payment receipt for 1040cad towards fees.

i hope i am not wrong wrt the documents couriered to ND office ...

@ Rachel .. did u tried checking with British Airways?? i just checked now and found 30K for adults and total journey time 24hrs.

ONE BIG CLARIFICATION ...

in case if we are going through one stop connection flight, then do we need to have a transit visa .. when i checked with my husband he said he never had any transit visa and he always gone through AbuDhabi ..

i remember few weeks back somebody said thr is a need of transit visa if we go via other countries like u.k, european contries , etc ..

can somebody clarify this ??

Your answers are highly appreciated ..

Thanks in advance ..

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
chinthu said:
@ xyrus .. i too sent it through BlueDart with the same Rs.400 service .. they promised that they'll deliver my pp by tomorrow before 10.30am.

i have sent my 2passports with the photocopy of the PPR letter and nothing else as we have already sent my PCC original and payment receipt for 1040cad towards fees.

i hope i am not wrong wrt the documents couriered to ND office ...

@ Rachel .. did u tried checking with British Airways?? i just checked now and found 30K for adults and total journey time 24hrs.

ONE BIG CLARIFICATION ...

in case if we are going through one stop connection flight, then do we need to have a transit visa .. when i checked with my husband he said he never had any transit visa and he always gone through AbuDhabi ..

i remember few weeks back somebody said thr is a need of transit visa if we go via other countries like u.k, european contries , etc ..

can somebody clarify this ??

Your answers are highly appreciated ..

Thanks in advance ..
You did the right thing! I even pasted the bar code stickers on both my PPs and on the envelope.

Transit visas are generally not required but you should confirm with the airline/travel agent as different countries have their own set of rules/regulations. Transit visas are usually issued when your transit time or halt is for a longer period of time, generally more than 12 hours! Airlines generally provide connections with max. 5-6 hrs. halt so it should not be required!

My personal experience with BA has not been pleasant. Their service is cold and rather uptight and planes are old, kind of worn out!
This is was last year. Hopefully they have improved! They even have a flight to Toronto from delhi with total travel time of 18 hrs. 20 mins. and only 1 hr. 45 mins. transit time...