+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
minku9 said:
@ deep8885
@ ipskang

I was looking at your guy's timeline, do u know why ur initial approval (missi) took so long? Were u guys requested any additional docs throughtout the process???

Thanks and good luck!
No docs requested till now...My wife had written in the start that negotiations are going on for job.

She emailed her Job offer letter on 29 April 2010 and it was the day her processing started

But as she had no other income I think that was reason we got late....You never know what's in CIC mind..

deep8885

Aug 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ipskang said:
Deep, We have applied almost same time. Have you applied for your wife?

If yes , when you applied did you mentioned about your job
yes I sent my job letter with my file that I sent on march 15 .. The reason y it sooo long for them to reply because of country "Haithi" coz of the disaster that happened there in the begining of this year the gouverner of Canada is from that country and she made haithians the priority & sponsered a lot of ppl to Canada so for others they changed the proccessing time which used to be 32 days they doubled it to 64 days .. So as few months passed they r processing faster now that's y everybody is getting their approval faster.. My boss at work told me all this coz his cousin suponcerd her husband from sum country & she called Mississauga y taking so long that's wat they told her.. So ipskang I don't think the delay has to do anything with the job letter or having a job or not.. My friends sister got married last year and she applied she wasn't working at that time ... Her husband came no prblms ... But he happened to fall in the delay coz of Haithi Mississauga replied her within 3 weeks but then disaster happened in Haithi and they took 13 weeks to return his passport from nd ... So as I see it we happen to fall in that delay time ... Hope we get good news soon

deep8885

Aug 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
minku9 said:
@ deep8885
@ ipskang

I was looking at your guy's timeline, do u know why ur initial approval (missi) took so long? Were u guys requested any additional docs throughtout the process???

Thanks and good luck!
read my above reply..

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
deep8885 said:
yes I sent my job letter with my file that I sent on march 15 .. The reason y it sooo long for them to reply because of country "Haithi" coz of the disaster that happened there in the begining of this year the gouverner of Canada is from that country and she made haithians the priority & sponsered a lot of ppl to Canada so for others they changed the proccessing time which used to be 32 days they doubled it to 64 days .. So as few months passed they r processing faster now that's y everybody is getting their approval faster.. My boss at work told me all this coz his cousin suponcerd her husband from sum country & she called Mississauga y taking so long that's wat they told her.. So ipskang I don't think the delay has to do anything with the job letter or having a job or not.. My friends sister got married last year and she applied she wasn't working at that time ... Her husband came no prblms ... But he happened to fall in the delay coz of Haithi Mississauga replied her within 3 weeks but then disaster happened in Haithi and they took 13 weeks to return his passport from nd ... So as I see it we happen to fall in that delay time ... Hope we get good news soon
Hmmm....I didn't know that actually....Well its been more than 2 months gone after file transferred and 6

weeks ago I had sent the passport....Waiting & Waiting :(

deep8885

Aug 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ipskang said:
Hmmm....I didn't know that actually....Well its been more than 2 months gone after file transferred and 6

weeks ago I had sent the passport....Waiting & Waiting :(
same situation here .. but unfortunatly we can not do anything

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
Let's hope this coming week brings good news and progress for all of us!!! ;D :D

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
Hello minku and ipskang my best wishes are with you guys , I was just wondering how come it took so long for you guys to send the passport in after getting the request ?

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
My PPR letter was dated for July 22, but i received it on July 28...even though Im in new delhi....good luck to you as well! Lets hope this week brings us some much needed good news!

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
kal1313 said:
Hello minku and ipskang my best wishes are with you guys , I was just wondering how come it took so long for you guys to send the passport in after getting the request ?

Well I got the letter on 3 July and they requested old expired passport also...My wife took the old expired passport mistakenly to Canada..Then my friend was coming to India and he reached on 13 July and I sent it on 14 July...

I wish all the best to everyone and hope the next week brings good news for all of us!!!

Rocky636

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th May 2010
Doc's Request.
23-August-2010 Asked RPRF & Pics return back
AOR Received.
23-June-10
File Transfer...
18-June-2010
Med's Done....
24-March-2010
Interview........
11-August-2010
Passport Req..
8-July-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-December-2010
LANDED..........
21-January-2011
In the spouse case no matter Ur husband or wife doing job or jobless or income issue.
coz about spouse cases low said this all issues cant keep stay away to life partner. job or income requirement is basically in family sponsors like parents sibling etc.
may be there is another reason they r taking long time every case is different and every IO have different style about work.

just do wait as u already doing coz we cant do anything more then this.

Furkan

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 20, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug-27-2010
hi everyone,
The cic-new delhi will be asking my wife for her passport soon. i just need to know wat postal service peple use to mail in the passport. My wife lives in Gujarat state. The city name is Valsad.
can someone tell me the best way to mail it in where i can track it as well?
and do we send anything else with the passport?
thanx

whiteeagle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Furkan said:
hi everyone,
The cic-new delhi will be asking my wife for her passport soon. i just need to know wat postal service peple use to mail in the passport. My wife lives in Gujarat state. The city name is Valsad.
can someone tell me the best way to mail it in where i can track it as well?
and do we send anything else with the passport?
thanx
Send it through DHL -- coz only they accept the passports to be send across India. Make sure you tell them that it's a passport inside so they know.
They will give you a receipt and it will have a tracking number as well.

Cheers!

whiteeagle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
In the name and address block of payment receipt -- Whose address has to be written? My wife( who is a sponsor and is with me at the moment in India) or my details of India?

Please advice!

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
I got another reply from email reply from CHC ND....what the hell is this??? Is my case going backwards now?????? First email said pending final review and a decision by the visa officer....NOW this.....can anyone make any sense of this.....please n thnx!

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

This Family Class application was received by our office on 27 MAY 2010 after being forwarded by Case Processing Centre Mississauga. This application is currently pending initial review by Visa officer, after which we will contact the applicant directly to advise the outcome of the review and any next steps.

We are striving to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible. We continue to meet our commitment to a service standard of 6 months to finalization for at least 80% of cases for sponsored spouses, partners, and children. Processing times are calculated from the date the application is approved by Case Processing Centre Mississauga, after which it is sent to the visa office for further processing. For individual cases, actual processing times may vary depending on the complexity of the application and the number of new applications received by the visa office.

Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months, please click here. Applicants may also refer to our website, www.india.gc.ca, for more information about processing times.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

MRJ.
Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfs-canada.co.in
www.goingtocanada.gc.ca

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Always include the applicant's full name, date of birth, and file number in your message.

Furkan

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 20, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug-27-2010
whiteeagle said:
Send it through DHL -- coz only they accept the passports to be send across India. Make sure you tell them that it's a passport inside so they know.
They will give you a receipt and it will have a tracking number as well.

Cheers!
thanx whiteeagle,
now one more question plz,
my wife is staying at my house in india, when we do send the PP, can she write my house address or does she have to write her own house address?
shes gonna be staying at my place most of the time so i prefer the CIC send her PP back at my house address. if not i have no problem them sending it to her place.
thanx