+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

Cricket365

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Currently in Toronto
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
transfered to ND on 27th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
September, 2011
Interview........
31st July 2012
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
sumant said:
hiiii there...

ur parents cannot go inside but they can w8 outside and vo can b indian or canadian...both r possible...
Yes, they can not go inside with me in VO's office but can they get into the immigration office right?

sumant

Star Member
Dec 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-9-2011
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Med's Done....
26-8-2011
Interview........
20-6-2012 IN PROCESS 23-6-2012
Passport Req..
20-1-2012
Cricket365 said:
Yes, they can not go inside with me in VO's office but can they get into the immigration office right?
no they hv to stay outside the main gate of embassy... my wife's parents also stayed outside only...they dont let any other person to cross the gate...

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
hpatel4700 said:
I think you misunderstood my comment.....what i said is they have been working on January applicant since long time and i think they are almost done now. i have check the spreadsheet. by the way i didnt say they have finished feb applicant. so you can also check the February spreadsheet, and i m trying to say is there are not too much feb applicant for ND. so i just say ND have everyone's passport there so they should start working on it. i am also principle applicant so i am also frustrated cause ND people doing nothing, just sitting on their butt. and just asking for PP.

and even i dont know what should i do.
Hpatel... Yeah I agree, they seem to be almost through (at least first cut review - almost most of jan applicant are now in process or approved or interview) I know some folks in jan and or earlier have not got a PPR or in process or in process but no ppr.. such cases can be usually explained by over 6 months of travel history.. specially the folks who have resided in Canada before applying... for them the BC checks takes about 2-3 months and they might even ask for finger prints as well.. So I guess over all its fair to say that new delhi should really be doing the first cut of feb applicants and should be similar to what we see with Jan applicants... Its always first come first serve unless you missing a document,made a mistake..

I dont stress too much on ECAS status as it can be delayed,faulty and might not even reflect the accurate status.. Patience is the key... there are folks who have waited for 12 months in New Delhi to get it done and then there are folks who walked out of the process in mere 120 days..

I request members from this forum to provide updates to your cases as you get them -> it really does help to hear something somewhere in new delhi is moving....

Cheers!

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinder123 said:
Hi there,

I think I need some help from some senior members here,

I am the sponsor for my husband who is in India,
Application was received by CIC M on 21st of June
Sponsor approval was received today June 26th.
a)I need to know how long does it take them to transfer the file from Canada to New Delhi
b) When I log in to ecas it still show my citizenship information nothing to do with my hubby's sponsor
The file will be physically transferred via diplomatic courier which could take 2 weeks or so, I believe. After you get the sponsorship approval, it can take 4-7 days for ecas to show the details of the application. Don't worry if you can't get in right now, try again in a few days. Good luck.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chinthu3k said:
Hi,

Has anyone been in a situation where they have been asked to submit the PCC although they have submitted it already?

My spouse received a letter to submit the PCC but we have already submitted it. It would take a minimum of 5 weeks for her to get PCC from the foreign country again.

Could this be a mistake on the part of New Delhi ? Can we call someone regarding this?

Thanks.
Hi, are you sure that Delhi is asking for a new PCC or is this more like, send us your PCC if you haven't already sent it (this is what appears in the passport request letter)? The only other thing I can think of is, are you sure the PCC was less than 3 months old when you subumitted the sponsorship application?

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: APPLIED IN DECEMBER 2011, STILL WAITING

kham6490 said:
Thanks you rock! I am getting anxious as well (however I know I have to be patient), do you think it has a negative effect on the file? Are you applying for sure? Let me know once you do...Thanks
Yup, I applied today. Sent off both forms and a cheque in the mail. I was having trouble with the online $5 payment so a cheque was the way to go this time.

There's absolutely no negative effect on the file since it's just a request for electronic notes which can be accessed right here in Canada. I specifically didn't ask for a copy of the physical file because that would entail a delay (file pulled out of queue, maybe sent somewhere, copied, returned...). I'll keep you posted when I get anything back.

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Re: APPLIED IN DECEMBER 2011, STILL WAITING

Just curious who is updating the New Delhi Spread sheet now?????????????

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnsA1_L-IeGFdC1rTlg2THdGakE1SUhfMXF1WFRpS2c#gid=1

No updates since June 19. Vengat is out????????

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
My wife has already submitted her Passport to New Delhi , and now needs them back for emergency traveling .

How do we request for her Passport and how long it takes them to submit them back .

Thanks,

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
image6000 said:
My wife has already submitted her Passport to New Delhi , and now needs them back for emergency traveling .

How do we request for her Passport and how long it takes them to submit them back .

Thanks,
Send a case specific enquiry right away via https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi

Mention that you need the Passport back for emergency purposes, they will send it back to you ASAP. Ensure to give them the correct mailing add in india..

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
lalatata said:
Send a case specific enquiry right away via https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi

Mention that you need the Passport back for emergency purposes, they will send it back to you ASAP. Ensure to give them the correct mailing add in india..
Just spoke with Singapore Police force and they told us that we just need to send the copy of Entry / Exit Stamps . We did not make any copy of those pages before we mailed it to New Delhi.

Do you think if we request , They will Scan those pages and email to us as an attachment.

We are very anxious and really appreciate if any one can help on this.

Thanks

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
image6000 said:
Just spoke with Singapore Police force and they told us that we just need to send the copy of Entry / Exit Stamps . We did not make any copy of those pages before we mailed it to New Delhi.

Do you think if we request , They will Scan those pages and email to us as an attachment.

We are very anxious and really appreciate if any one can help on this.

Thanks
Unfortunately CIC usually do not entertain such requests. I think its just better to ask them to send it back to you, you do the scanning and then send the passport back right away to CIC...

nebula

May 22, 2012
hey, those who say their interview is waived....how you guys came to know ? when do the CHC new-delhi notify this decision ?...along with PPR or at later stage ?

chinthu3k

Aug 23, 2011
amira_mais said:
Hi, are you sure that Delhi is asking for a new PCC or is this more like, send us your PCC if you haven't already sent it (this is what appears in the passport request letter)? The only other thing I can think of is, are you sure the PCC was less than 3 months old when you subumitted the sponsorship application?
Hi,
It is not a passport request. They have specifically mentioned the country of which they needed the PCC for. We had already submitted it.
At the time of submitting the PCC was only a month old.

Is there an expiry date for PCC ? For instance, I read somewhere that it was valid only for 6 months. I submitted my application in September 2011 and New Delhi just started processing it in June. If there is , why havent they asked for Indian PCC?

Is there a possibility they have misplaced it ?

Thanks.

chinthu3k

Aug 23, 2011
Hi,

Has anyone been in a situation where their medicals are about to expire before the visa is issued ?

Is it advisable to voluntarily re-take the medicals again and submit them before New Delhi requests you to do so in order to minimize the wait time?

Thank you.

easyspirit

Star Member
Nov 9, 2011
MUMPY said:
hi
i lived in canada for 5 years and i only travelled
to india like 2 times and my stay in india was not more than 2 months and i went to usa for 2 times like for 2 days only just for shopping as i got usa visa for 10 years
any help would be great
thanks in advance
Hey how r u? My case and timeline is so similar to urs. My husband lived in Canada for 8 years on student then work permit. I applied for his spousal sponsorship in Dec 2011, got approved on feb 2, and submitted passport n final documents inlcluding Indian and Canadian Police clearanceon March 6. Ever since then my status till date shows "Application Received" and no work after that. At least yours shows is in process. We received the same email, that we received your passport but application is still pending review. This was in April. It's taking so long!!! We are all losing are patience too. Good luck n let me know if you get any updates.
P.S. my husbands travel history was only 1 trip to India in october 2011.