+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
There you go...

http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill/documents/immi/interview_S_F_class.pdf

garudha

Dec 11, 2010
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jun-2012
Doc's Request.
none yet...
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2012(Sponsorship)
Med's Done....
May 2012
Interview........
Hopefully not again
Passport Req..
20-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
shamsia said:
Whoa!! All the best for the interview! Order the GCMS notes right away. Thats the new system in place of CAIPS. You could order them online and get an email. Apparently, its faster than CAIPS.

I wouldnt say that Im surprised that they called an interview. Common-law is not too common down here. I believe the VO's expect to see weddings with a lot of guests and the works. But you should definitely get through without hassle. Hopefully, they will stamp the visa immediately after the interview if your luck holds :)

All the best. I had a comprehensive list of interview questions with me. Will dig it up for you in a min....
Thanks for the questions and the confidence shamsia :) Any news on your application - didn't the person on the phone say yours was basically ready in Nov? Hope it comes soon!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
garudha said:
Thanks for the questions and the confidence shamsia :) Any news on your application - didn't the person on the phone say yours was basically ready in Nov? Hope it comes soon!
I hope the same! *sigh* We paid the RPRF in Nov, hence the delay...

yug

Mar 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i m not getting ND, wht thry doing??
WHY they delaying our cases for that long???? after 3weeks of address vanished, i didn't get any update!!!!!
now even m medical expired???? No words for ND honestly :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

gurish28

Oct 27, 2011
yug said:
i m not getting ND, wht thry doing??
WHY they delaying our cases for that long???? after 3weeks of address vanished, i didn't get any update!!!!!
now even m medical expired???? No words for ND honestly :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Do you know if there is a fromal process where you can file a complaint about the way they handled your case? I'm also stuck with ND not replying to any of our e-mails. Our 6 mths ended on Dec 28th but uptill now no response. NO interview, no request for docs nothing at all they have had the pssprt since Aug 25th.... Don't know what to do :mad:

JATT_PUNJABI

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gurish28 said:
Do you know if there is a fromal process where you can file a complaint about the way they handled your case? I'm also stuck with ND not replying to any of our e-mails. Our 6 mths ended on Dec 28th but uptill now no response. NO interview, no request for docs nothing at all they have had the pssprt since Aug 25th.... Don't know what to do :mad:
Do u have any travel history?

gurish28

Oct 27, 2011
gurish28 said:
Yeh my husband lived in England for 6 years..But even than it should not take them over 6 months to complete the bc checks..
I ordered my GCM notes in Dec and it shows ND did no work on it until the last week of Nov..and I've not idea why they asked for the ppst in Aug and than just sat on it... how stupid... Based on the notes, I feel I have every reason to file a complaint against them so they don't do this to anyone in the future... So I wanted to know where and how should i start the complaint process.

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
For all those who are concerned about the time frame to visa issuance:

Non-routine cases
While every effort should be made to process high-priority cases expeditiously, it is recognized
that there are circumstances where priority processing may legitimately be affected. While not
exhaustive, the list below provides some examples of non-routine cases that may not be
processed according to the six-month service standard..
Examples of non-routine cases:
• medical, security or criminal issues;
• suspected relationship or dissolution of convenience;
• misrepresentation of marital status at time of marriage;
• previous deportation;
• inability to support self and family members due to legal obligations or other reasons;
• relationship of applicant to sponsor or applicant to other family members in doubt;
• marital status of family member suspect;
• sponsor under investigation for violation of IRPA; or

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
The following would frequently, but not necessarily, be non-routine cases:
• legal validity of foreign marriage in question (marriage which occurred in country other than in
processing mission's area of responsibility);
• custody of children of applicant;
• residence status of sponsor in doubt;
• delays created by applicant not following instructions;
• communications not received by mission or by applicant (unreliable postal system, mission
not informed of change of address);
• family members and principal applicant residing in different countries and processing
coordination difficulties occur; or
• applicant previously removed or excluded from Canada.

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
What I posted is just one part of the procedures that VO's follow. If you have time, read the full text, which is pdf..it clearly defines the procedures, that's why it takes time at times.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
what employers do is called security clearance...not background check. security clearance is same as police clearance in india, which you can get in one day. Even in canada when RCMP does background check it can take up to couple months, mandatory for high clearance jobs. For my job i had to get the proper background check and it took 6 weeks (which i was told was quite fast).
For ND when they do background check they give the request to local authorities, eg in india it will be the police in your area, or security firm to do employer verification, etc etc, for outside of india it will be security agency of that country. its painful but every country has it bureaucracy and it takes time. More travel history longer the BC will take

kuku said:
That's a catch !!!! so called "BC".....

I really don't understand why would it take that long for BC. My employer in the USA and Canada also run a BC on when they hire some one. It took less then a day for them to clear me. So if CHC ND really work on that, they can get the BC report from any damn country within 15 days. But they do not do it that way. What they do is once your file needs BC from other country, it will be pushed to the next date which will be after 2 months when they re open it to check if the BC report is back.

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
I agree with Singhson

Security checks are more "employment" related whereas background checks are more "criminality" related.

And take note, BC's only take place if the VO requests it, whenever they have to based on procedural requirements, for instance, if there is a lot of travel history, removal order, deportation, overstaying, etc.

That's we see a lot of cases finalized in 3-4 months, that's because there was either minimal or totally zero BC's done.

And it is mostly Men who have been subjected to longer BC's.

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@singhson

I agree with ya !! It is a security clearance that employers usually do.

@garudha

It is said that in most cases "common law partner' applications are subject to interview as offices will never be satisfied with evidences you enclose with your application. They would always like to meet an applicant and make things clear for them.

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
each province in canada has their own law regarding common law as marriages fall under provincial law. Saskatchewan and Quebec has the most inflexible/tough common-law partner laws. Not sure if India recognizes common law in Hindu, muslim or sikh religions so that is why they do interviews for all common law cases.

Also garundha they might question your status in India. I am assuming you are citizen since you have tourist visa. Also i believe tourist visa is for 6 months and they have a restriction you cannot go back to india within 2 months of after you returning back to Canada. So they might question type of visa you had visitor visa etc. Also they will then question about your job status as no employer will let you take a year off, if you have your own business depending on their suspicion they might question who and how your business is run.

With common law marriages, esp in India, their first doubt is if its for convenience. Good luck to you and hope everything goes well.

kuku said:
@ singhson

I agree with ya !! It is a security clearance that employers usually do.

@ garudha

It is said that in most cases "common law partner' applications are subject to interview as offices will never be satisfied with evidences you enclose with your application. They would always like to meet an applicant and make things clear for them.