+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
u don't know.... people are so damn crazy to come to canada that they don't even care whatever can happen.
they only need a chance for entry and they can then they go underground for years.
so............ i see a lot of people being crazy to come to canada.

kuku said:
Well they have to understand that, no one would like to stay illegally on TRV when their immigration file is in process. What would the person get from it. No health insurance. No benefits. No work. And Time limit for ND office to process the case is 6 months on an average so a person traveling on TRV will have to come back because he/she will get PPR before the TRV expires for sure. No one would like to stay illegally in the country at the expense of their PR status.

rozine

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 July-2011
File Transfer...
8 Sep- 2011
Passport Req..
14 Oct- 2011
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan - 2012
gursikhphysio said:
I hope it does not mean more trouble
I hope not!!

B

balibali

ajy457 said:
I really hope that happens in my case too. One problem that we have is we got married in May of 2011 at which time I was in the US (on H1B) and my wife joined me 3 months later securing a dependent H4 visa. We lived together for 10 months before my company transferred me back to Canada and wife left for India. So, my wife lived in the US for more than 6 months and I don't know how much Background Check will be done for her stay in the US. Anyways, good luck to you and I'm pretty sure you will get your PPR next week.

In between, our address also vanished and came back on Jan 5, 2012; the same day we received PPR email.
Dude, which email address did they send the PPR ?
the sponsors' or the principal applicant ?
i gave them two email ids, they sent the first email on mine(sponsor).
Do they send it on both ?

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
balibali said:
Dude, which email address did they send the PPR ?
the sponsors' or the principal applicant ?
i gave them two email ids, they sent the first email on mine(sponsor).
Do they send it on both ?
principal applicant

B

balibali

newdelhi2011 said:
principal applicant
Thanks NewDelhi2011 !
i hope they send it to the right address.
is there a way to check online what email id they have on file ?
(i know its a futile endeavour but i got nothing better to do but ask :D )

Do u know if profession plays a part in these immigration decisions.
my wifes a dentist, im a doctor n we went to the same university and same school.

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
balibali said:
Thanks NewDelhi2011 !

my wifes a dentist, im a doctor n we went to the same university and same school.

Nope, it does not. Well, at least it should not be that way. At the end of the day, we are all people wanting to be with our spouse and being sponsored by our spouse- rather you are a lawyer, doctor, sales associate, student, software developer, business owner, waitress, cashier... It's all on the same boat ;)

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
Anyone here moving to Quebec? Our application goes to the Quebec government, before going to ND! That's like another month wasted :(

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
balibali said:
Thanks NewDelhi2011 !

In most of the cases, they would send PPR within 1-2 months. Make sure to check even junk mails on principal applicant and there is no way to know if they have send PPR from ecase. If you both went to same univ and school that should help proving your relationship.

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
thecoolguysam said:
u don't know.... people are so damn crazy to come to canada that they don't even care whatever can happen.
they only need a chance for entry and they can then they go underground for years.
so............ i see a lot of people being crazy to come to canada.
That is absolutely correct but only when I have no one in Canada and I want to enter the country. This is true for USA too. Lot of people trying t enter on visitors visa and stay here forever illegally. but when a person knows that his/her spouse is there in the country and he/she can legally enter within 6 months or at max 1 year( except a couple of countries where processing time is more than a year) then why would someone even try to stay here on illegal status with the fear of deportation any time and more complicating their own PR case. Actually spouses TRV application should be taken very legitimate and lightly as only they have a valid reason to enter to see their loved ones and leave anyhow when PPR is made by the consulate.

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Kuku,
I agree...it might be like this...

The Management and politicians may question the Visa officers and incharges
only when some thing goes wrong. Like " Number of people not returned"

The Management wants the "number of people not returned to keep it under control"

Now Visa officers might be poorly trained, does not have judgement capabilities
so they dont want to get caught and questioned by thier superiors

SO THEY REJECT ALL POSSIBBLE TRV'S

In this way the can get the "numbers down"

It is just like police station in India not registering FIRs

But if the CIC Management sees % of people not returned.
Then they have to issue more genuinely looking visas

so that the percentage not returned is reduced.

I think they are making a big hue and cry even if 1 person is "not returned"
They are not looking at %

Whatever may be the CHC's position
I do not accept with them.

26 months for Pakistan?
8 months for a spouse visa for India?

7 years it took for me to Immigrate?

If they are so developed in Communication and technology?
If they are so rich in resources and money?
If they say they are the No 1 in Human rights in the world?

They have technology, resources why so much delay?

1, Political Will or unwill
2. Bureacracy whims and fancies, prejudices, mindsets

Does it sound like India
That is why see my signature

amvk

May 13, 2011
How much time after passport request

New delhi office sent passport request in dec 1st week and i sent the passport on dec 10th , but no news until now, how long it takes to get passport from ND office

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Since April 2011, its a new process to request the passport upfront. Depending on your case it could take 3 to 5 months to get it back

amvk said:
How much time after passport request

New delhi office sent passport request in dec 1st week and i sent the passport on dec 10th , but no news until now, how long it takes to get passport from ND office

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
Yes minimum 2 months to max up to your luck.

garudha

Dec 11, 2010
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jun-2012
Doc's Request.
none yet...
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2012(Sponsorship)
Med's Done....
May 2012
Interview........
Hopefully not again
Passport Req..
20-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
So finally an update - INTERVIEW!

We checked eCAS yesterday and now in addition to application received and Medical results received, there is a new line that says "interview scheduled for Feb 22, 2012" No letter yet, but I assume it's coming.

It's crazy - they've had our passport for 3.5 months and they only ask now, and set it for 6 weeks from now - what takes so long? The interview date will be about a week after our 6 months processing (in Delhi only - 8 months total) is up - why so late. It also screws up all kinds of plan we had, but that's another matter...

So, now we need to start preparing. I'll search through the discussion here (I know several people have posted interview experience, but I never thought we'd come to it so I usually glossed over it) but any advice/suggestions would be welcome!

Two immediate questions: does anyone know if it's possible to move the interview date (sooner = better)? We'll wait for the letter and see what it says, if nothing do a CSE message asking to move it forward. I'm doubting it will happen, but it's worth a try.

The other thing is getting file notes - CAIPS (or some other way I vaguely remember). I remember people saying it sometimes gives clues as to what they are thinking, though from what I've seen it generally doesn't give much info. Any thoughts from people who've gone through the process?

And finally, seems like there is some correlation between disappearing addresses and updates, hopefully everyone else gets better news than us!

The one good side is that we finally get to meet and talk to a person about this process, something we've wanted for quite some time. It's scary to think that they are concerned about our application enough to call an interview, but we're trying to be positive and are certainly going to make the most of the chance. Our relationship is genuine and we haven't done anything wrong so in the end we feel we have to get it, it's just a question of when and how much hassle we have to go through to get it.

Oh, and one more point - we've applied as common-law partners (lived together for 14 months before application, and are still together now in India - me on tourist visa) which I imagine is one of their concerns as it's not so common here. Does anyone else know of other common-law applicants via Delhi?

Good luck to everyone else waiting, and wish us luck. Let's hope they sort things out quickly after the interview, but given the experiences of yug, gwalyat and other interviewees still waiting for visas after months and months, I'm getting pretty concerned this is going to take a lot longer than we'd planned...

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
garudha said:
So finally an update - INTERVIEW!

We checked eCAS yesterday and now in addition to application received and Medical results received, there is a new line that says "interview scheduled for Feb 22, 2012" No letter yet, but I assume it's coming.

It's crazy - they've had our passport for 3.5 months and they only ask now, and set it for 6 weeks from now - what takes so long? The interview date will be about a week after our 6 months processing (in Delhi only - 8 months total) is up - why so late. It also screws up all kinds of plan we had, but that's another matter...

So, now we need to start preparing. I'll search through the discussion here (I know several people have posted interview experience, but I never thought we'd come to it so I usually glossed over it) but any advice/suggestions would be welcome!

Two immediate questions: does anyone know if it's possible to move the interview date (sooner = better)? We'll wait for the letter and see what it says, if nothing do a CSE message asking to move it forward. I'm doubting it will happen, but it's worth a try.

The other thing is getting file notes - CAIPS (or some other way I vaguely remember). I remember people saying it sometimes gives clues as to what they are thinking, though from what I've seen it generally doesn't give much info. Any thoughts from people who've gone through the process?

And finally, seems like there is some correlation between disappearing addresses and updates, hopefully everyone else gets better news than us!

The one good side is that we finally get to meet and talk to a person about this process, something we've wanted for quite some time. It's scary to think that they are concerned about our application enough to call an interview, but we're trying to be positive and are certainly going to make the most of the chance. Our relationship is genuine and we haven't done anything wrong so in the end we feel we have to get it, it's just a question of when and how much hassle we have to go through to get it.

Oh, and one more point - we've applied as common-law partners (lived together for 14 months before application, and are still together now in India - me on tourist visa) which I imagine is one of their concerns as it's not so common here. Does anyone else know of other common-law applicants via Delhi?

Good luck to everyone else waiting, and wish us luck. Let's hope they sort things out quickly after the interview, but given the experiences of yug, gwalyat and other interviewees still waiting for visas after months and months, I'm getting pretty concerned this is going to take a lot longer than we'd planned...
Whoa!! All the best for the interview! Order the GCMS notes right away. Thats the new system in place of CAIPS. You could order them online and get an email. Apparently, its faster than CAIPS.

I wouldnt say that Im surprised that they called an interview. Common-law is not too common down here. I believe the VO's expect to see weddings with a lot of guests and the works. But you should definitely get through without hassle. Hopefully, they will stamp the visa immediately after the interview if your luck holds :)

All the best. I had a comprehensive list of interview questions with me. Will dig it up for you in a min....