+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Borntowin said:
Yes !

My spouse has changed her PR card with my surname. She had submitted original marriage certificate for the same and she got her new PR card within 30 working days (Jan 2011) !

In regard of Indian Passport she will be changing once I reach Canada. She will change her residential address and surname in one go and for this we have to submit marriage certificate for surname change and for address Ration Card or Joint Bank account is enough!

Hope this helps U :)
It does help but i have a question here.
1. Did she send her DL/health card copies with the new surname when she applied for the new PR card?
2.So your wife has a different name on her COPR IMM 5218 and her PR CARD? am i right.

As i read they will not ammend the COPR IMM 5218 to reflect any new changes after the date of landing.

Vakta

May 4, 2011
Hi there,
I got my PR on 17th September,2010 alongwith my husband who lives in USA.After getting it,I sent my hubby's passport through courier.But unfortunately,the passport was put on hold at Mumbai custom office with the fact that Indian passports can not be couriered like this and it is illegal.My hubby and I are deeply worried about its consequences.
Here I want to ask to the experienced members of this forum that what will the custom office take action against me and my husband?What should be done at our side so that we can get my hubby's passport back?
and last but not least,what are the safe ways to send him passport to USA so that he can come back to India and can celebrate this Diwali with us?
Pls help me guys it's really a crucial period.Thanks.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Vakta said:
Hi there,
I got my PR on 17th September,2010 alongwith my husband who lives in USA.After getting it,I sent my hubby's passport through courier.But unfortunately,the passport was put on hold at Mumbai custom office with the fact that Indian passports can not be couriered like this and it is illegal.My hubby and I are deeply worried about its consequences.
Here I want to ask to the experienced members of this forum that what will the custom office take action against me and my husband?What should be done at our side so that we can get my hubby's passport back?
and last but not least,what are the safe ways to send him passport to USA so that he can come back to India and can celebrate this Diwali with us?
I am not sure how you can get the PP back, i would check the Ministry of External Affairs website for answers.
Yes, it is illegal to mail PP out/into the country and they do take it seriously.
So if i get the situation right, he is in US right now and does not have a PP? am i right..

The only option for him to have his PP is when someone takes it with them to US/Canada and mails it out BUT it is again a pain to be caught at US immigration with someone's PP.
Only legal solution is for the Indian Govt to send his PP to the Indian Embassy in US so he can go and collect it.
This is what i think...maybe there is some other way,,,

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
16 JUN 2011 & 04 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
15 MAY 2012 (SECURITY INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
BY ALMIGHTY GRACE ; LANDED GTA SAFELY ON 18 MAY 2012 ! Recvd PR Card on 17 July.
fprince said:
It does help but i have a question here.
1. Did she send her DL/health card copies with the new surname when she applied for the new PR card?
2.So your wife has a different name on her COPR IMM 5218 and her PR CARD? am i right.

As i read they will not ammend the COPR IMM 5218 to reflect any new changes after the date of landing.
She didn't sent any copies of DL or Health Card for applying New PR Card !

She changed her family surname to my surname in her PR card with only one proof i.e Original Marriage Certificate and later she changed in Canada Revenue, DL and than Health Card.

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
BY ALMIGHTY GRACE ; LANDED GTA SAFELY ON 18 MAY 2012 ! Recvd PR Card on 17 July.
Vakta said:
Hi there,
It is ILLEGAL to send a passport by courier. All the documents are scanned at Airports and such cases are often caught in the Airport by customs.

You can sent PP in any one of your friends or relatives hand via authorization letter duly notarized.

Well regarding your spouse PP : Mumbai Customs will keep under there custody and inform you accordingly and in most of cases they dispatch the PP at issued passport centre or to the Chief Passport Officer, Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi for initiating action.

Kindly contact Mumbai customs at the earliest before landing in trouble.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Borntowin said:
She didn't sent any copies of DL or Health Card for applying New PR Card !

She changed her family surname to my surname in her PR card with only one proof i.e Original Marriage Certificate and later she changed in Canada Revenue, DL and than Health Card.
Interesting...in the checklist it states this and you say she did not do this...

Legal change of name document

If your present name is different from the name printed on your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) you must send in supporting legal documentation as proof of your name change:
 a certified copy of a legal change of name document, court order, adoption order, marriage certificate issued by civil authorities with your new name or a divorce decree with your new name, and
 a certified copy of your provincial driver’s licence, provincial identification card or provincial health card in the requested name.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
@born

Did she have to submit new pics? did she send the application by post and she got the new card in 30 days?
website says it can take 180 days?

Vakta

May 4, 2011
fprince said:
I am not sure how you can get the PP back, i would check the Ministry of External Affairs website for answers.
Yes, it is illegal to mail PP out/into the country and they do take it seriously.
So if i get the situation right, he is in US right now and does not have a PP? am i right..

The only option for him to have his PP is when someone takes it with them to US/Canada and mails it out BUT it is again a pain to be caught at US immigration with someone's PP.
Only legal solution is for the Indian Govt to send his PP to the Indian Embassy in US so he can go and collect it.
This is what i think...maybe there is some other way,,,
Yes he is in US without PP.So what should I do first?

Vakta

May 4, 2011
Borntowin said:
It is ILLEGAL to send a passport by courier. All the documents are scanned at Airports and such cases are often caught in the Airport by customs.

You can sent PP in any one of your friends or relatives hand via authorization letter duly notarized.

Well regarding your spouse PP : Mumbai Customs will keep under there custody and inform you accordingly and in most of cases they dispatch the PP at issued passport centre or to the Chief Passport Officer, Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi for initiating action.

Kindly contact Mumbai customs at the earliest before landing in trouble.
Thanks.I will do it ASAP.

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
fprince said:
Interesting...in the checklist it states this and you say she did not do this...

Legal change of name document

If your present name is different from the name printed on your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) you must send in supporting legal documentation as proof of your name change:
 a certified copy of a legal change of name document, court order, adoption order, marriage certificate issued by civil authorities with your new name or a divorce decree with your new name, and
 a certified copy of your provincial driver's licence, provincial identification card or provincial health card in the requested name.
I agree you to submit any one of the following documents & to change of surname d marriage certificate is mandatory and other proof i.e DL or Health Card to be accompanied with the application as secondary proof. She hired representative for this work only (paid approx $400) and she received her new card at the earliest as conveyed to me ! Well, you are aware of all the rules than apply accordingly.

karan verma

Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
June 03,2011
Med's Request
May 11,2012
Med's Done....
1St Med: Feb23,2011, 2nd Med: May15,2012
Interview........
Aug 11,2011
Passport Req..
1st req. June10,2011, 2nd req. May11,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
God knows!!!!
Vakta said:
Thanks.I will do it ASAP.
[/quote
I don't understand he is in US and his passport is in India. Is it a brand new passport he made it from india.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Borntowin said:
I agree you to submit any one of the following documents & to change of surname d marriage certificate is mandatory and other proof i.e DL or Health Card to be accompanied with the application as secondary proof. She hired representative for this work only (paid approx $400) and she received her new card at the earliest as conveyed to me ! Well, you are aware of all the rules than apply accordingly.
Thanks for the feedback, the fee is $50 if you do the application by myself..but will take long ..i will update you..first i need to apply for a new Indian passport this week..then comes the rest :)
first new Indian pp, new health card and then new pr card..
Going to Indian consulate in Toronto is like going to the exhibition..i will have a full day of frustrated fun

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
fprince said:
Thanks for the feedback, the fee is $50 if you do the application by myself..but will take long ..i will update you..first i need to apply for a new Indian passport this week..then comes the rest :)
first new Indian pp, new health card and then new pr card..
Going to Indian consulate in Toronto is like going to the exhibition..i will have a full day of frustrated fun
No update today sucks...!

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
aman3151 said:
Yes it is very tough time.
there are so many cases i know who just got visa in 3-4 months
its all depends upon the simplicity of your case
you got married this july??
have not applied yet ??
Yeah I got married this July. I think the only thing I regret so far is, not applying like the week after. I didn't realize how tedious and time consuming the applications would be. I had to gather up a lot of information, which took me about a month and a half to do. I would have probably been half way there by now. I hope I get mine sooner than 6 months. Right now my lawyer is still looking over my papers and making sure everything is in order before sending them off. It's crucial knowing that I'm just a two hour flight away from Canada, but can't be there right now :(

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
mirmukaramali said:
No update today sucks...!
Did they receive your passport?