+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

D

deven

shamsia said:
I got my Saudi visa ;D
@ shamsia

congrats and happy to know that on Canada visa forum some may also get visas for Saudi.......

congrats......

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
deven said:
@ shamsia

congrats and happy to know that on Canada visa forum some may also get visas for Saudi.......

congrats......
Thanks deven!

LMAO! CHC-ND's side business - issuing TRV's of other countries, but (siva ghaur farmaye) no matter how much a person tries for a TRV to Canada, the answer is NO! ;D :p

lovlyhyd

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
India-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
File Transfer...
30-11-2011
Med's Done....
04-08-2011
Passport Req..
20-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2012
LANDED..........
Soon
deven said:
@ sivathegreat and lovlyhyd

its all about different approach .........

either you pay more to courier and dont pay tip or
have regular mails and pay tip!!!!!!!!!!!!
@ Deven

i never contact any private courier to sent any gifts & documents it is too cost. i m always use GENERAL POST OFFICE. my passport 2 albums (300 phots) and additional documents total weight-1290 grams also i sent to CIC ND through GPO speed post i paid just Rs 144 only delivered in with in 2 days. international post also sent through GPO for my husband.... :D :D :D :D

lovlyhyd

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
India-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
File Transfer...
30-11-2011
Med's Done....
04-08-2011
Passport Req..
20-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2012
LANDED..........
Soon

manpap

Feb 3, 2012
sivathegreat said:
There are two possibilities
1) They have not lost your passport: since request for Passport/PCC/Fees is standard letter
However you say that asked for the passport for the third time. Is it specifically ask for PP or they ask other things and also passport (this is to check that they are asking you for something else and mention of passport in that letter is letter being pre-printed.

Look for whether it is a computer generated letter or specific one signed by a VO

2) They have misplaced your passport: They might have misplaced or did not receive your passport. But you had sent through DHL and have POD. Then they might have misplaced it and not able to locate it.

What you cannot do: You cannot go to CHC personally and enquire. They dont entertain in person enquiries. Do not waste time and money.

You may be greatly shocked if you go thier in person, The guard may just give you piece of pre-printed paper and website address of cic.gc.ca
And tell you "Bhaisaab, aapka gaadi late ho raha hai!..."
MP usually can interfere after processing time. So I am not sure about response from MP. Because this is not thier scope

What you can do: You have already sent an email. Sending another email will be of no use but you can try. My suggestion is try to give "FAX" (and hope that the machine does not run out of paper, some times they use fax roll as toilet paper in CHC-ND)

In my opinion, there is nothing much you can do now and just wait for thier response,
you know,,? they will just say "It is unfortunate..." "..and we are sorry about it.."

Other people in the forum will definitely give some more point of view!
Thank you Siva, balibali, singhson for your valuable suggestions.

So far we sent 3 CSE's, 2 emails, 1 original copy of the DHL receipt, DHL-Proof of Delivery- which has the Visa officer signature and date, previously received CIC letters and a cover letter neatly explaining our timeline and also did a MP inquiry. What's frustrating and annoying is that we did not get any reply from CIC nor we heard anything from MP office. I'm trying every day to fax these documents and all I get is a - "number busy message".

Third request for passport- letter that we received on January 30 2012 did not have a Visa office signature - nor it stated "Its a valid computer generated letter and does not need a signature" but had a deadline to submit passport by March 15. They only asked for passport in the letter.

Everything is so messed up in the CIC NewDelhi office and there is no one we can talk to nor complain. Thankyou for you wonderful suggestions and help, I will keep you posted as and when i hear something about my case.

Best Wishes.

rozine

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 July-2011
File Transfer...
8 Sep- 2011
Passport Req..
14 Oct- 2011
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan - 2012
I received my passport yesterday with visa. It was issued on 31st jan, not feb 4. FINALLY done. We are preparaing to leave..I read that they might ask for marriage certificate and other stuff.I have the original in canada, I hope photocopy would work too. And also the amount u can carry is 10,000..is that just the cash u can carry or it includes other things u r taking, e.g jewelleries??

Congrats to you all who received visa..and good luck to rest of you!

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ Shamsia

Saudi Visa eh, congrats! =)

@ Rozine:

Yay!!! Congratulations! I don't think they'll ask to see you marriage cert but there's no harm in carrying it, even if it's a photocopy.

lovlyhyd

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
India-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
File Transfer...
30-11-2011
Med's Done....
04-08-2011
Passport Req..
20-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2012
LANDED..........
Soon
rozine said:
I received my passport yesterday with visa. It was issued on 31st jan, not feb 4. FINALLY done. We are preparaing to leave..I read that they might ask for marriage certificate and other stuff.I have the original in canada, I hope photocopy would work too. And also the amount u can carry is 10,000..is that just the cash u can carry or it includes other things u r taking, e.g jewelleries??

Congratulations rozine!

cubesd

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-10-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
rozine said:
I received my passport yesterday with visa. It was issued on 31st jan, not feb 4. FINALLY done. We are preparaing to leave..
Congrats Rozine.

rozine

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 July-2011
File Transfer...
8 Sep- 2011
Passport Req..
14 Oct- 2011
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan - 2012
thanks guys! and sorry, its my husband's passport, not mine..LOL..i am just used to saying MY since i am the one logging in on his ECAS and writing on behalf of him too :)

anyways, we received passport after 15 days of visa issuance and his address disappeared from ECAS before the status update(sorry kuku, just read your questions).

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
rozine said:
thanks guys! and sorry, its my husband's passport, not mine..LOL..i am just used to saying MY since i am the one logging in on his ECAS and writing on behalf of him too :)

anyways, we received passport after 15 days of visa issuance and his address disappeared from ECAS before the status update(sorry kuku, just read your questions).
Congratulations rozine!! :) :) Do tell us your landing story. It was really touching to read maple's :)

kannadiga

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012
LANDED..........
22-03-2012 (Insha Allah)
shamsia said:
I got my Saudi visa ;D
Congrats Shamsia!!!

So when are you flying to Saudi and to Canada?

kannadiga

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012
LANDED..........
22-03-2012 (Insha Allah)
rozine said:
I received my passport yesterday with visa. It was issued on 31st jan, not feb 4. FINALLY done. We are preparaing to leave..
Congratulations rozine !!!

So when are you ppl flying and to which city?

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
@manpap
did u email your MP or went to the office in person? did you sign the consent form?
By law VO has to respond to MP inquiries within 48 hours. so i suggest you call your MP office again if you have signed the consent form already.

also sounds like you got a computer generated letter. these letter's are auto generated based on what officer checks off. eg when you move from stage 1 to 2, if in the document checklist officer forgets to check off all the documents received, the system will generate a letter for missing document and it will be printed at the mail services to be mailed out. this is what happened to you.
does ur letter look something like this?

manpap said:
Thank you Siva, balibali, singhson for your valuable suggestions.

So far we sent 3 CSE's, 2 emails, 1 original copy of the DHL receipt, DHL-Proof of Delivery- which has the Visa officer signature and date, previously received CIC letters and a cover letter neatly explaining our timeline and also did a MP inquiry. What's frustrating and annoying is that we did not get any reply from CIC nor we heard anything from MP office. I'm trying every day to fax these documents and all I get is a - "number busy message".

Third request for passport- letter that we received on January 30 2012 did not have a Visa office signature - nor it stated "Its a valid computer generated letter and does not need a signature" but had a deadline to submit passport by March 15. They only asked for passport in the letter.

Everything is so messed up in the CIC NewDelhi office and there is no one we can talk to nor complain. Thankyou for you wonderful suggestions and help, I will keep you posted as and when i hear something about my case.

Best Wishes.

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
congrats
$10000 limit is cash
you can take your jewelry and other personal stuff custom free, just let the officer know. you have one year to bring your personal items custom free but you have to tell customs of what they are when you arrive the first time.

rozine said: