+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Jun-2012 (call from ND)
LANDED..........
SOON
ha ha not your fault deven....it was posted very long back....not recently

D

deven

vengat83 said:
Deven, his last posts shows that:
@ vegant83

i guess i would rather suggest that do not lie on application and inform them that

if Visa officer suspects that ill method or any suspecious then the person may get rejected and will go through hell .....................

it will be the most difficult task on the earth to explain VO later if visa is rejected

so I can only suggest pleaseeeeeeee do not lieeeeeeee on application

rest is the personal view of all individual

explain the purpose of having traditional marriage later or apply after traditional marriage

I am Canadian PR - last month i went to india, got engaged and did a court marriage.

Now i am planning to apply for my wife's immigration and once immigration process is done , then have a traditional wedding

now i have some photos from engagement function which i can show as marriage, some photos where we were out together which we can show as honeymoon photos etc , also i have a wedding card printed

so can i apply for immigration - i am going crazy with all this - pls help me

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Jun-2012 (call from ND)
LANDED..........
SOON
I would agree with that.....to begin with I would not have chosen that path...I would rather have the regular wedding and apply later. Thats what I did.

But since he has applied it this way, he can consult his lawyer/consultant and act according to what they say. But it doesn't harm to send more proofs !

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
oh that sucks. hope you feel better soon. put your oven mitts on...no scratching :)
shamsia said:
Got diagnosed with chicken pox today :( :(
@ MD as for flying some airlines will permit you to fly after 7 days of appearance of your last spot (mind you chickenpox are most contageous 2 days before the first spots start to pop up). Some won't let you fly at all eg British Airways, However, each airlines have their own requirements and need medical certificate deeming the passenger is safe to travel. so better to call the airline.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
newdelhi2011 said:
Oh no. sorry to hear that. Take it easy till you feel better. I don't know if they would give you hardtime if you fly with that? :eek:
Can some expert advice on this?
Thanks I intend to take some rest, I shouldnt be going out for 5 days, which is alright. I was planning on going to Saudi Arabia in the last week of feb and then to Canada in the last week of March. My mother in law is coming on feb 20th and she doesnt want me to go there when shes not around. I told her (not in so many words) that all I want is her son, but she wouldnt listen :( Now I need to wait till she goes back to Canada on March 20th so that she can welcome me properly. Blah!!

Sorry guys, needed to rant this way!! Just dont feel upto it today *sigh* :(

deven said:
no worries take proper medications get well soon

and if further needed there are Doctors on the board i guess and pharmacist too
Thanks! Need the expertise of balibali and kuku now ;D

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
I agree with you and deven. i think people forget to realize that the visa officer has seen thousands of applications and has seen endless variations of how people get married and they have a very good knowledge of what a traditional marriage is and what’s incorporated in it as well as they are aware of people doing civil marriages to get their spouses a PR and then they do a traditional marriage after to "save time"

Almost 10 years ago you can sponsor your fiancé after an official engagement and do the wedding after and CIC accepted that however our own people started abusing the system and started sponsoring their own brothers and sisters as their fiancé.

Even up til few years ago they didn’t securitize the proofs of marriage that much until a visa officer stumbled upon an application where he recognized the “extras” in the photographs. He checked one of his files he processed few months back and saw the same extras, parents, uncles etc which triggered an investigation hence they got more strict in scrutinizing the wedding proofs. I even heard they even red flagged some wedding halls (palaces as they call them in india) in central punjab for being part of shady/scam weddings. Believe it or not Indians are leading the pack in shady marriages. Hence now the new policy being put in place just like as in Australia and UK that spouses who came over will need to wait for 2 years to get their PR after they have landed here and can be deported within 2 years if found guilty they did the marriage to attain PR, likewise if the sponsor did the marriage for money and divorced their spouse after they landed in Canada than that person cannot sponsor another spouse for 2 years. This new policy hasn’t been implemented yet but will be very soon. This policy has its own issues and critics and that debate is probably not for this forum :)

vengat83 said:
I would agree with that.....to begin with I would not have chosen that path...I would rather have the regular wedding and apply later. Thats what I did.

But since he has applied it this way, he can consult his lawyer/consultant and act according to what they say. But it doesn't harm to send more proofs !

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
we stilld dont know what "amvk"
has applied as.

That is why I asked him what is the problem

@shamsia
you will - get well soon!

ajy457

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
shamsia said:
Got diagnosed with chicken pox today :( :(
Sorry to hear that shamsia. As singson suggested please be careful with scratching. Sometimes thinga like this really happen at a very bad time. As I mentioned in one of my posts before, I went on a surprise visit to Hydereabd, India in the last week of December to visit my parents, family and my wife. I went with lots of plans. Wanted to each panipuri, cutlets, goto restaurants, movies, etc etc etc. I surprised everyone alright but fell sick the very next day and was sick pretty much tyhe whole time I was in India. I finally ate panipuri on the day I left India. It sucked big time. I got viral fever first, then severe cold, then conjectivitis and finally throat infection. Well that was my stay in India.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Ajay

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
sivathegreat said:
we stilld dont know what "amvk"
has applied as.

That is why I asked him what is the problem

@ shamsia
you will - get well soon!
Thanks siva! I hope so :)

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
ajy457 said:
Sorry to hear that shamsia. As singson suggested please be careful with scratching. Sometimes thinga like this really happen at a very bad time. As I mentioned in one of my posts before, I went on a surprise visit to Hydereabd, India in the last week of December to visit my parents, family and my wife. I went with lots of plans. Wanted to each panipuri, cutlets, goto restaurants, movies, etc etc etc. I surprised everyone alright but fell sick the very next day and was sick pretty much tyhe whole time I was in India. I finally ate panipuri on the day I left India. It sucked big time. I got viral fever first, then severe cold, then conjectivitis and finally throat infection. Well that was my stay in India.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Ajay
Yes, will try and be careful, I want to scratch like my cat right now ;D

Oh crap! Stuff like that sucks, sheesh! Where's your favourite pani puri spot in Hyd? Im not a huge pani puri fan, but I do like the dahi puri at Ohri's :)

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ singhson

Why are you giving me tips on flying while recovering from chicken pox??? LOL

It's shamsia who's got it dude

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
mapledreams said:
@ singhson

Why are you giving me tips on flying while recovering from chicken pox??? LOL

It's shamsia who's got it dude
aren't you guys the same person? :eek: Straight from bollywood...

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
amvk said:
Well i am worried as why they are asking photos again, do they find something doubtful or everybody gets a request to send photos once again ?
Did your address disappear recently? Did you send them all pictures? you should send them anything and everything you have to support as a proof eg. phone bills, chat longs, etc.